TSV(R) Preview
136 Members and 18095 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Tria vs No No?

Started 1316985751.707 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1317089842.86 by ElvisShops
replies

Has anyone used the Tria AND No No hair removal systems? If so, how do they compare? TIA

“When I feed the hungry, they call me a saint. When I ask why people are hungry, they call me a Communist.”
― Dom Hélder Pessoa Câmara, Brazilian archbishop

Page 1 of 1
Smidget1317011148.051664 PostsRegistered 2/17/2007Frozen Tundra

I was considering the NoNo but I read the reviews on Amazon and changed my mind. I have been using the Tria for about two months and so far, not seeing much but I'm told that it can take 8 treatments or so, so I've got a bit to go.

I miss recess!

ElvisShops1317013172.1274688 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007

Thanks for your reply. $400 + another $100 in shipping and tax for the tria is a lot of money for a product that has 300 or 500 charges. (I've read both numbers; don't know which is right.) Basically, the product seems built to die. It's designed to have a short lifespan. That kinda s*u*x. But it's probably cheaper than going to a salon.

If I'm misunderstanding something that has been said about the limited number of charges, please let me know because the idea that they want to make sure you only get limited use bothers me. It's something that would make me strongly consider another product without a guaranteed short lifespan. It sounds like the Logan's Run of electronics.

I have the tria blue light device for acne, and to make sure they keep getting your money, you have to buy cartridges at $40-50 a pop. That seems like a rip-off to me. I wish I had returned the blue light thing, as there are other blue light devices without this stupid cartridge issue. So if you are getting a blue light device, PLEASE consider another product that doesn't keep milking you for money. But I digress ...

I've tried the No No in the past but couldn't stick with it so I don't know if it would have eventually worked or not.

“When I feed the hungry, they call me a saint. When I ask why people are hungry, they call me a Communist.”

drizzellla1317056907.111551 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

I have both. And as with anything there are pluses and minuses with both. I like the Tria it does seem to work well. BUT the area the Trina treats is a small circle. It would take forever to do an entire leg - that is why I have only done small areas of my leg (after treating with the NoNo). But the areas I have done I do notice a difference and the hair regrowth is definitely less.

The NoNo can treat larger areas is alot less time. I tried it on the hair on my arms and legs. I noticed that the hair grew in alot finer and I treated my arms about 2 times. The hair is so fine, you really don't notice it unless you look close.

I did try the NoNo on my underarm hair and the black band on th NoNo came off the roller. Fortunately I was able to return it to HSN for another one.

It is easy to tell what area you treat with the NoNo - the hair is gone. With the Tria the hair is still there. I pull it out with a tweezer and wait for it to grow back - if it does.

I have also found the NoNo seems to lose it "OOPH" after awhile. I go over the same area and the hair is still there. I then ordered another NoNo to see how the new unit worked. And the new unit did work just fine. But it was too late to send back the other unit. Therefore, I now have 2 units one the works great and one that doesn't.

I had no idea the Tria last only 300 charges - so maybe it loses it "OOPH" too. I have only charged mine 2-3 times. Maybe that is why it still works great.

Well, that is my story - hope I helped.

The bad news is Time Flies
The good news is You are the pilot.

newwyn1317069755.57349 PostsRegistered 8/20/2011
I can't use the Tria due to light hair color but I would if I could. That said, I use the nono with very good results. But it takes time and persistance. You have to use it on a regular basis. I have the old one from before the face attachment but use it on my face carefully anyway. No problems and it has really made a difference.

Smidget1317070550.4831664 PostsRegistered 2/17/2007Frozen Tundra

I think that the 300 to 500 charges is scaring people away, and I get it, it's a lot of money for something that you know won't last. I look at it this way: If I use it twice a week and charge it every time, at 300 charges that's about three years. And I don't have to charge it every time. If it works, I should not have to keep using it for three years, right? My understanding is, once the hair is gone, it's gone for good. So 300 charges does not bother me.

I miss recess!

LipstickDi­va1317070646.9839164 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

I thought the Tria was for above the neck only while the NoNo could be used anywhere?

People seem to either love the NoNo or hate it. There is no in between.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

ElvisShops1317089842.8134688 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007

Thanks. You all have been very helpful. I appreciate it. :)

Page 1 of 1