Keurig Offer
107 Members and 10772 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Please Anyone use Toppik fiber hair fill in for scalp?

Started 1316366412.71 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1318696594.247 by Shelbelle

I am really desperate at this time. My hair is really thin especially in front top area.

Heard about this hair product and want to get it.

It's available at Sally's beauty. I also wanted to choose a hair color close to my hair.

My hair is dark blond-brown. They don't have that color. However they have it in light brown.

Really need some advice,and would be great if anyone is using it?

Thanks,lovestodance

Page 1 of 2
SophiaMarie1316367073.4536732 PostsRegistered 3/17/2010

Get it - it really works..... I have some thinning hair right at the crown (kind of where Barbara Walters does.....) It reallly doesn't matter what color you use, it will blend in with your hair, or just look like the new hair is coming in a litle different.....

When I bought Toppik, I got Medium Brown... Then I let it go all grey (almost white) and still used the toppik.. It just looked like I had dark roots, which is the rage anyway.....

I have since colored my hair blondish brown and still use the toppik medium brown... Nobody notices and I love the stuff.... It's fibers and therefore not messy... I hit it on my scalp and even it up with my fingers... Just make sure you do it evenly and don't have a big patch of it in one place... I like the way it looks but I don't use it all the time because my hair is really not too thin in that one spot....

Please get it and let us know how you like it......

ETA - I have been using Samy's "no fat - zero calories" thickening mousse for years and I love it... What a difference it makes in my hair... I know there are millions of other brands out there but I keep buying this... (silver can with red writing).... If you haven't used a product like this, you will be amazed.

Last edited on 9/18/2011

Last edited on 9/18/2011

HeartsNdia­mondz1316368282.8531016 PostsRegistered 1/5/2006

lovestodance,

I use it every single day. It clings on much better when you use a little hairspray in the area first then shake on the toppik then spray again. If the bald/thinning spot is really noticeable you can buy "Fullmore colored hair spray".

If the Toppik doesnt match your haircolor, you can mix and match the shades.

Last edited on 9/18/2011

Last edited on 9/18/2011

Vivian1316368548.213305 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I'd been searching for the right product ever since thyroid cancer surgery led to thinning hair. I don't have a terrible problem but I used to have very thick hair and like it to look that way. Toppik is the best I have tried. The Joan Rivers product is OK but it comes off. Toppik stays on and doesn't come off on clothing or skin. I bought the spray that goes with it. That's OK but kind of stiff; however, it's supposed to set the product in place. I think most hair sprays could do that just as well. In any case, I recommend the product. I found out about it on these boards and I thank whoever posted the information.

lovestodan­ce1316369721.044891 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006

Thank you,thank you both for your replies. I will be ordering on line as it qualfies for free ship.

Just joined there website,however had a problem with logging it??

I hope this qualifies me for the discount card holders as price is cheaper.

Don't have a Sally's in my area,so i think i will order it on- line.

Thank you both i am really happy you use,and love it.

BTW i did use some Sammy's products. Will have to check the one you have.

lovestodanceSmile

Shelbelle1316396916.68734445 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I use either Toppik or XFusion, same product made by same company. Toppik is sold to retailers, XFusion is sold to salons. Usually get mine on ebay or amazon with a huge savings.

It is a confidence builder, I would be lost without it, much less time consuming than Joan's product.

Shelbelle1316467674.8334445 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Thanks for the tip about the Samy Fat Hair Mousse, I have used the shampoo,conditioner and the serum, but never tried the mousse.

4doggies1316469146.393501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Toppik works great. You don't even need to reapply every day unless you wash your hair daily--it lasts until you wash it out, and I've never had a problem with it rubbing off on pillowcase. I got mine on Ebay.

Lurker1316470505.81104 PostsRegistered 9/19/2011

Dear Loves to Dance,

Maybe this site can help with the color toppik to buy! www.girlstache.com {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

It has a lot of pictures of the product and shows the actual light brown color in the girl's hand!

I hope it works for you. Your post hits close to home because I also have thin hair and am

constantly trying to find something to help. I may try the Toppik. Best Wishes! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Serene901316471527.93251 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

I've used Toppik and like it a lot. Some other things I've found that are helping are:

Living Proof Thickening Cream

Propoline Shampoo

Jonathan Dirt

HTH.

Shelbelle1316471625.9434445 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I think Toppik or XFusion in Light Brown would be your best bet. It is a light shade.

Swedishmiss1316488531.721322 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009

I like Toppik, but sometimes it makes my hair look dried out. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Swedishmiss1316488603.71322 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009

Sorry--double post

Last edited on 9/19/2011

Last edited on 9/19/2011

drizzellla1316490372.411511 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

I would just like to say that I think Toppik does a great job. My female boss used it before I was hired. I never knew she had almost no hair on the crown of her head until she came to work one day without using Toppik. We were all shocked. And she explained to us that she was having trouble growing hair on the crown of her head. And we said that we had no idea. Then she explained that she had been using Toppik but decided she didn't care anymore.

But I have to say - I never would have quessed that her hair was so thin on top. Her hair always looked so good. It was styled nicely and was so becoming to her. You would never have quessed that she was getting any "extra" help.

The bad news is Time Flies
The good news is You are the pilot.

Lurker1316500277.59104 PostsRegistered 9/19/2011

I read on that blog that I posted that if you lightly spray Suave Vibrant Shine spray it takes away the dullness. I imagine any shine spray (like citre shine) might help. She posted pictures of each step. I can't say that I could see too much of a difference in the before and after pictures. The review seemed mixed.{#emotions_dlg.mad}

rjbk11316502044.91133 PostsRegistered 8/4/2010

I have used Topix for several years and like it very much. I have thin hair that i color a medium brown. When it starts growing out, the roots at the crown of my head show terribly while the rest looks ok. I sprinkle some brown Topix on the areas that look white and it makes them almost invisible. Makes me feel much better when I go out. I highly recommend it and use nothing else with it. It just stays where I put it and doesn't get on my clothes or pillow. Good product.

Swedishmiss1316525821.3431322 PostsRegistered 8/11/2009
On 9/20/2011 Lurker said:

I read on that blog that I posted that if you lightly spray Suave Vibrant Shine spray it takes away the dullness. I imagine any shine spray (like citre shine) might help. She posted pictures of each step. I can't say that I could see too much of a difference in the before and after pictures. The review seemed mixed.{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Thank you, Lurker! I will give the Suave spray a try...Smile I have to run out to the store later and will pick up a bottle. By the way--WELCOME to the boards. It was very kind of you that your first two posts were to help other posters{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Last edited on 9/20/2011

Last edited on 9/20/2011

grandma a1316539640.597315 PostsRegistered 5/30/2007

Can't live w/o this product. I have let my hair go gray/white and have a PINK scalp! I use the gray Toppik on my 'pink' scalp. Also I mix in the white Toppik. I love it. I have very thin hair and this gives me the look of a lot more hair. I wash my hair about every 3 days and it stays in until I wash it out. I only wish the gray had a little bit more white in it but it certainly works. Don't hesitate to buy this product...you won't be sorry.

Lurker1317352182.43104 PostsRegistered 9/19/2011
On 9/20/2011 Swedishmiss said:

Thank you, Lurker! I will give the Suave spray a try...Smile I have to run out to the store later and will pick up a bottle. By the way--WELCOME to the boards. It was very kind of you that your first two posts were to help other posters{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Last edited on 9/20/2011

Thank you, Swedishmiss! I haven't been lurking for the past few days and I missed your post! {#emotions_dlg.blushing} I always feel guilty because I have learned so much from everyone on this board but I never contribute. When I saw this topic, I finally registered to post. I appreciate your kind post welcoming me to the board!

arrianna1317352587.8135072 PostsRegistered 10/20/2010
On 9/29/2011 Lurker said:
On 9/20/2011 Swedishmiss said:

Last edited on 9/20/2011

Thank you, Swedishmiss! I haven't been lurking for the past few days and I missed your post! {#emotions_dlg.blushing} I always feel guilty because I have learned so much from everyone on this board but I never contribute. When I saw this topic, I finally registered to post. I appreciate your kind post welcoming me to the board!

Thank you, I have written this info down(toppik, Sally beauty Supply), it will help so many women!

TY1317374398.244025 PostsRegistered 3/22/2007

I do use Toppik and bought an extra container on my last visit to the U.S. The Sallys Beauty Supply store I went to was out of the color I use (brown) but the clerk called a nearby Sally's store and they had it there and held one for me. Try also checking the Sallys Beauty Supply store website (they ship within the U.S. -- unfortunately not to Canada.

I don't know why QVC doesn't keep this item regularly stocked up in their inventory online. This summer Toppik didn't even show up using the QVC.com search engine. I just looked at item A200010, the big size of Toppik and they only have it currently in light blonde and gray.

Shelbelle1317412278.74334445 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 9/30/2011 TY said:

I do use Toppik and bought an extra container on my last visit to the U.S. The Sallys Beauty Supply store I went to was out of the color I use (brown) but the clerk called a nearby Sally's store and they had it there and held one for me. Try also checking the Sallys Beauty Supply store website (they ship within the U.S. -- unfortunately not to Canada.

I don't know why QVC doesn't keep this item regularly stocked up in their inventory online. This summer Toppik didn't even show up using the QVC.com search engine. I just looked at item A200010, the big size of Toppik and they only have it currently in light blonde and gray.

Try ebay and amazon for both Toppik and XFusion, very good deals.

yankeegirl­671317593878.172 PostsRegistered 10/2/2011

Lovestodance!!

I am SOOO thrilled you finally found Toppix!! My mom tried it first, she has very thinning hair and it's red...When I was visiting her, she tried it on me (my hair isn't even red)...and what a difference!! Unfortunetly, My hair is getting worse. I have a bad THYROID, THAT IS MEDICALLY under control, Fibromyalgia (concern was the original med I was taaking might have caused it, but I have been off it for 5 months.) and sever anxiety and stress. So no one is realy sure whey it's falling out. I use it along with Nioxin. Despite how bad it is, it still works great...I'm just going through it SO fast it is costing me a fortune!! Thanks to everyone who posted about it being available on e-bay and Amazon. I THINK, Sally Beauty Supplies may have it too. be sure to get the Atomizer with it so you can get in the hair line without dumping half a bottle of it on your hair. Have you looked into why your hair is thinning...there coud be a reason. Check it out.

I just wanted to throw in here, for those with Fibromyalgia..Not one of the conventional meds worked for me it was horrible. Then my psyciatrist who was deaing with my hideous anxiety suggested I try Mirapex...a drug used for Parkinsons. It doesn't have to build up in your system, it either works right away or it doesnt. I took my first dose on a Monday night...I was in agony with a constant muscle spasm in my left eye brain fog, etc. I woke up Tuesday morning....the spasm was gone!! And so was all the pain and brain fog!! Very few doctors look to this drug, my regular docs knew nothing of it for fibro. I have been on it for 5 months, and have had a few minor flares (nothing to speak of) and one bad fare last week..but I know that is because of to much stress and anxiety. This drug literally saved my life...so I hope this helps someone, or pass it on to someone who isn't responding to the conventional meds.

best of luck lovestodance!!!

Laurie

yankeegirl­671317594218.6172 PostsRegistered 10/2/2011
On 9/19/2011 Shelbelle said:

I think Toppik or XFusion in Light Brown would be your best bet. It is a light shade.

Hi Shelbelle, could you tell me what XFusion is? I have been using toppix for a while now. Does it work better than Toppix, cover more etc? My hairloss has gone from bad to hideous! I am about on the verge of getting a wig, but would rather not. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Laurie {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Shelbelle1317677352.68334445 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 10/2/2011 yankeegirl67 said:
On 9/19/2011 Shelbelle said:

Hi Shelbelle, could you tell me what XFusion is? I have been using toppix for a while now. Does it work better than Toppix, cover more etc? My hairloss has gone from bad to hideous! I am about on the verge of getting a wig, but would rather not. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Laurie {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

As I said before, Toppik and XFusion are the same exact product made by the same company. They sell Toppik to retailers and XFusion to salons. I buy either one on either ebay or amazon, which ever one I can get the best deal on. I sympathiize with you, I am right there with you. It is a terribly a sad situation to be in. I am so terribly jealous of women with nice hair.

Lurker1318564383.353104 PostsRegistered 9/19/2011

That is interesting that Fusion and Toppik are the same product with different names! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I am wondering if anyone who has tried both Toppik/Fusion and Joan Rivers Great Hair Day can tell me which they liked better. Thank you in advance! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Page 1 of 2