Fashion & Accessories Clearance
26 Members and 11527 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Ulta - Red Carpet for nails...

Started 1314833987.75 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1316615743.287 by RetailRX
replies

Has anyone tried the new Red Carpet Gel manicure? I just saw it in the Ulta catalog that came today.

42! Dark Brown super thick hair, combo skin and I am addicted to lipsticks!

Page 1 of 1
claudia___­anne1314839412.467486 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011Arizona

Hi Abigail,

They're discussing it on the purse blog forums.

http://forum.purseblog.com/nail-care/red-carpet-manicure-696710.html

If you're not a member over there you should sign up.

We have a blast.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Who are you to tell a woman what she can or can't do with her body?" Melliezap

Lucky One1315763856.491221 PostsRegistered 7/15/2011

I've only had it last about a week - certainly not the 3 weeks advertised. Anyone else having better luck?

danni rose1315764207.3532552 PostsRegistered 5/14/2011

i've seen the ad in their catalog. i too was wondering if it was like doing at at-home shellac version.

RetailRX1316533792.05363 PostsRegistered 11/4/2006CO

I tried it last night for the first time. I actually thought it was easy to do, but I think you have to follow the directions to a T. I will let you know how long it lasts on me.

I will purchase a bigger LED light if I decide I will keep doing this long term. The nail polish color doesn't really match the color on the outside of the jar either. I thought the color was going to be a light metallic purple and it's actually a really nice neutral beige, so beware when you go to pick colors.

I was happy that when I was done, I could continue to do laundry, chores, etc. without the drying time, so that was pretty awesome and they look really nice. Time will tell I guess.

Anyone else try it yet?

iachick1316538406.0733098 PostsRegistered 9/1/2008
On 9/20/2011 RetailRX said:

I tried it last night for the first time. I actually thought it was easy to do, but I think you have to follow the directions to a T. I will let you know how long it lasts on me.

I will purchase a bigger LED light if I decide I will keep doing this long term. The nail polish color doesn't really match the color on the outside of the jar either. I thought the color was going to be a light metallic purple and it's actually a really nice neutral beige, so beware when you go to pick colors.

I was happy that when I was done, I could continue to do laundry, chores, etc. without the drying time, so that was pretty awesome and they look really nice. Time will tell I guess.

Anyone else try it yet?

I purchased the Gelish mini starter kit but haven't tried it yet because they were out of the portable LED lights. I was thinking of getting this one instead but it sounds like it might be better to buy a bigger light? Do the mini lights work okay for curing the gel?

RetailRX1316615743.243363 PostsRegistered 11/4/2006CO

Yes iachick, the mini lights cured just fine, it's just that you have to do your thumbs separate and it takes longer to cure than the bigger one. Other than that, I have no complaints. My nails still look nice, granted it's only my second day. The little light will be nice to have on hand as a spare.

I love the gelish colors. My manicurist used them on before I took a break. I don't see why you can't mix and match brands when it comes to the polish, so I may look into those colors as well.

Page 1 of 1