Weekend Preview
168 Members and 10364 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

"BLK" bottled water promoted by NJ Housewives Albie Manzo....

Started 1312683122.247 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1312754710.517 by Green Tea

I was in a grocery store this afternoon and the Manzo kids as well as Carolyn, Jaqueline and Kathy were there promoting this product. BLK is a new bottled water that is black. Albie and Jaqueline's husband are partners in this venture. It is suppose to have something called "fulvic acid" in it that helps the nutrients get to your cells quicker and easier. I cannot imagine drinking black water. Anybody hear of it or try it??? Just curious....

Page 1 of 1
danni rose1312686216.8032552 PostsRegistered 5/14/2011

black water doesn't sound appealing. i've not heard of it yet. wonder how they make it black - dye, food coloring or ????

i'll see if it's around my area yet.

aliwestport1312686830.14141 PostsRegistered 11/17/2008

no, but i would not drink anything black. Sounds really gross.

Stargazer771312691036.1176275 PostsRegistered 10/24/2006

Hi tiamaria, I'm in North Jersey and got that email. Was the store packed? I don't know if black water is a trend that's going to take off, although Vitamin Water is doing pretty well, so I guess you never know. Did they have samples to try?

sunshine451312691580.70741943 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

via andy cohen....

So this morning I'm drinking the Manzo boys BLK water to recover from the tequila. This is their new product that they're distributing and marketing with Jacqueline's husband Chris. It is literally black water; it's black because it is infused with fulvic acid that apparently is great for you and a wonderful hangover remedy. It tastes the same as water, so you just have to get over the color. Their tagline is "Enjoy the Dark Side." I dig it.

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

sunshine451312691664.7941943 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

http://www.blackwaterdrink.com/company-info.html

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

colliemom31312691831.9116166 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

I heard they were selling the black water. However I don't think I could drink it lol. It would remind me of drinking dirty water ewww.

Cresm8r19081312694335.9733544 PostsRegistered 9/20/2006Sitting Pretty, Perched and Posed
On 8/6/2011 colliemom3 said:

I heard they were selling the black water. However I don't think I could drink it lol. It would remind me of drinking dirty water ewww.

welllll kinda (in essence) it is.... fulvic/humic acid is a result of decayed organic matter. Has been used for hundreds of years in Eastern medicine. I've seen it at Chinese "medicine stores" in capsule and liquid form. It is used as a bodybuilding cleaner/supplement and also as a fertilizer (which is originally how I heard about it)...

I guess the western pursuit of all things "natural" yields yet another "fad"...

This is a MESSAGE Board...NOT a MESSY Board.

So what if you have a hunch-back, honey. We all see it, know it's there...so just throw a little glitter on it and go on out dancing! (old bayou wisdom)

tiamaria1312742964.7372583 PostsRegistered 7/25/2006
On 8/6/2011 Stargazer77 said:

Hi tiamaria, I'm in North Jersey and got that email. Was the store packed? I don't know if black water is a trend that's going to take off, although Vitamin Water is doing pretty well, so I guess you never know. Did they have samples to try?

Hi Stargazer! I had no idea about it. I actually ran over to get some platters that I ordered to bring to a bbq and while I was waiting for them to bring them out I locked eyes with Lauren Manzo. It took me a second to realize where I knew her from...I thought she was a mom from my children's school! Duh! Then I saw Albie and Carolyn and they were taking down a display. Albie had on the BLK black shirt and was walking around with the bottled water. I then went over to the deli section and there was Jacqueline and Kathy just talking amongst themselves. For the most part people didn't really seem to notice them. The store was like it always is on a normal Saturday but then again I was there at 3:10 and the promotion was only until 3:00 so maybe I missed most of it. I would have liked to try the water and am assuming they had samples while the display was up! Although I am not dying to drink black water I will try anything for the slim chance that it will give me a boost!!!! lol {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

BeautyAddi­ction1312754445.9435794 PostsRegistered 6/8/2007NY
Where can I purchase this water?

OVER 60: SKIN - menopausal, dry, not sensitive, few eye wrinkles, mouth to chin (puppet) lines.
HAIR - dry, dyed, curly, frizzy shoulderr length/NOW STRAIGHTENED

Green Tea1312754709.731534 PostsRegistered 2/11/2008At my computer
On 8/6/2011 sunshine45 said:

via andy cohen....

So this morning I'm drinking the Manzo boys BLK water to recover from the tequila. This is their new product that they're distributing and marketing with Jacqueline's husband Chris. It is literally black water; it's black because it is infused with fulvic acid that apparently is great for you and a wonderful hangover remedy. It tastes the same as water, so you just have to get over the color. Their tagline is "Enjoy the Dark Side." I dig it.

Andy is a little off the wall (but it's becoming on him Wink).

The water sounds bizarre but I'll bet it sells.

Last edited on 8/7/2011

Last edited on 8/7/2011

Page 1 of 1