Shoes & Handbags Offers
92 Members and 11398 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

SUZANNE SOMERS - Face Master

Started 1312596201.927 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1312691202.123 by aprildiamonds

i was just watching the presentation of this on snbc w/suzanne.

she actually said that all those pictures of her in the rag mags looking all haggard and all are doctored up pics of her....and that her face master has given her the young, tight face we all see before us. she practices what she preaches and doesn't have surgeries or use fillers, etc.

huh? we all know this is not true? what is going on?

the face master has alot of really good reviews.

i was interested in it primarily to get rid of puffiness under my eyes (or "hollows" as suzanne calls them)....has anyone tried this machine and had any success with bags under your eyes??

the key to looking younger, is to stand next to someone who looks older than you...get the heck away from me!!!
--------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2
Skylands1312596395.2936087 PostsRegistered 5/30/2010

Seriously, you believe this? Bags under your eyes are either hereditary or due to loss of fat tissue. Save your $$ and go consult with a professional: derm or plastic surgeon.

LuvMyBoxer1312596575.631618 PostsRegistered 1/4/2008

Hi bizzie,

I have it, but don't use it so I can't say that it works (or doesn't). I don't have any puffiness under my eyes, but I do have hallows. I'm also curious to know if anyone finds it effective for this issue.

bizziebee0­071312596711.6073251 PostsRegistered 1/13/2010Philly Burbs

the legality of the machine is that it does tone and lift the skin up to 1/4"...so i suppose it is possible to "plump up" the area under the eyes.

boxer: hopefully someone will weigh in on this for us.

the key to looking younger, is to stand next to someone who looks older than you...get the heck away from me!!!

swissmade1312597162.533279 PostsRegistered 3/6/2007Michigan

I have it and have used daily for eight years. No bags under my eyes and everything is firm and tight. I love it! I am 67 years young and people say I look at least ten years younger.

Irshgrl312­011312597594.76714173 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006

I am a licensed aesthetician and work for 4 board certified dermatologists and a plastic surgeon and we have the same machine in our office only much bigger.

I bought this machine about 4 years ago when she was still with HSN and I love it. I works great. It would not work so much for puffy eyes though.

I works your muscles underneath your skin (though totally not like Facial Flex at all) and helps to life your skin up by keeping your muscles in shape. When I first got it, I took it to where I worked and showed them. The plastic surgeon in particular laughed when I brought it in and then I did one side of my face and he was very impressed.

When I do the one side of my face first you can see such a difference. It really lifts around the brow area and I love what it does for around the lips.

It is definitely something you need to use a couple of times of week to see a difference and when you stop using it, you lose the results.

I really would not be without it.

I am good friends with the plastic surgeons wife and one of the derms. wives and they both got one and use it weekly too. Like myself, they could go in and use the machine we have in the office but it is so much easier using at home when you are watching tv for a couple of minutes in the evening.

If you are interested I would definitely recommend it, but if you don't use it you won't see any results.

Skylands1312597703.016087 PostsRegistered 5/30/2010
On 8/5/2011 irshgrl312 said:

I am a licensed aesthetician and work for 4 board certified dermatologists and a plastic surgeon and we have the same machine in our office only much bigger.

I bought this machine about 4 years ago when she was still with HSN and I love it. I works great. It would not work so much for puffy eyes though.

I works your muscles underneath your skin (though totally not like Facial Flex at all) and helps to life your skin up by keeping your muscles in shape. When I first got it, I took it to where I worked and showed them. The plastic surgeon in particular laughed when I brought it in and then I did one side of my face and he was very impressed.

When I do the one side of my face first you can see such a difference. It really lifts around the brow area and I love what it does for around the lips.

It is definitely something you need to use a couple of times of week to see a difference and when you stop using it, you lose the results.

I am good friends with the plastic surgeons wife and one of the derms. wives and they both got one and use it weekly too. Like myself, they could go in and use the machine we have in the office but it is so much easier using at home when you are watching tv for a couple of minutes in the evening.

If you are interested I would definitely recommend it, but if you don't use it you won't see any results.

Yes, I believe that Suzanne Somers is putting the MD's out of biz with this. Pleeezzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!

shoekitty1312597734.76312470 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006

Bags under the eyes are hereditary, my PS told me that. However, lack of sleep too much sleep, high salt diet, water retention, certain allergies and medications, and stress add to them. Some creams help if bags are due to some of temporary ailments I mentioned. Sometimes the bags are loose skin due to fat loss and years of water retention stretching the skin. Sometimes the creams help shrink the skin.

But over all, if the bags are bad and lots of loose skin is evident, nothing outside of surgery will help. It is amazing, but eye surgery (especially under the eye) if done correctly takes years off the face. More so than a little face lift I think. JMHO

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

cathy19501312597906.797947 PostsRegistered 8/3/2007

You know, there is something about Suzanne Somers that I find fascinating. I always like to watch when she is on any show. I mean it. For some reason I like her. That said, I don't believe much of what she says. As far as those horrible pics of her being doctored...there were even videos of shows she appeared in at that time. She DEFINITELY had some procedure. I'm just amazed that her face returned to "normal" after that. I don't know what she did, but she is not telling the 100% truth. In years past, I have purchased a couple of her products and was always disappointed. ONe was some exercise machine that she said isn't like the others and doesn't strain the neck. Well it strained MY neck! She is charming, but as far as I'm concerned, she's full of balogna.

bizziebee0­071312598584.673251 PostsRegistered 1/13/2010Philly Burbs

skylands: irshgrl has been a huge help to many of us here on the board with her knowledge and insight. she never claimed that SS was putting doctors out of business, she simply said that this is a good "at home" alternative to expensive treatments at the doctor's office. this is her personal experience with the machine that i asked about and i am grateful to her for sharing her story and opinion...as well as to everyone else who has shared with me. no reason to judge and be snarky.

i really want to order this and her 4 piece peach organic skincare kit.

irshgrl - i am 48 and have some issues w/dry skin which tends to uneven, bumpy, large pores and occasional break outs. do you think her skincare line would work for me and how often should i use the machine? ty!!

belleandme1312599587.1278643 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009southern illinois

i have the old one, and when i use it, lol, it works great!! thinking about getting the new one sometime soon and do away with the q-tips and gel for conductor (er?).

tried the 1/2 face test she suggests, and there was a total difference.

belleandme

FOUR BLOOD MOONS~~john hagee

"...There will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars...Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." Luke 21:25a, 28

Irshgrl312­011312599884.41314173 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006
On 8/5/2011 bizziebee007 said:

skylands: irshgrl has been a huge help to many of us here on the board with her knowledge and insight. she never claimed that SS was putting doctors out of business, she simply said that this is a good "at home" alternative to expensive treatments at the doctor's office. this is her personal experience with the machine that i asked about and i am grateful to her for sharing her story and opinion...as well as to everyone else who has shared with me. no reason to judge and be snarky.

i really want to order this and her 4 piece peach organic skincare kit.

irshgrl - i am 48 and have some issues w/dry skin which tends to uneven, bumpy, large pores and occasional break outs. do you think her skincare line would work for me and how often should i use the machine? ty!!

Hey Bizziebee!! What are you currently using now?

I looked at the ingredients of her skincare line and there is really nothing spectacular in there. Pretty run of the mill EXCEPT for her cleanser. It looks like it is really loaded with some citrus essential oils which isn't good for even healthy skin but if your skin is prone to breakouts then it would not be good for it. Also, she doesn't list the pH of any of her products which that is really essential to get the correct pH especially when you are dealing with break out proned skin.

Have you ever tried any products from Alpha Hydrox or Paula's Choice?

I think you would do well with any of their cleansers and I would suggest trying AH's foaming cleanser. I am assuming your skin is either a bit oily or at least that way in the T zone area? This will really clean your skin good and help to start getting the congestion out of your skin. Paula's Choice makes a 2%BHA product and that really cleans the pore wall and helps greatly with any congested skin you might be having. I would use that everyday. I would also suggest using her 8% AHA, that helps with sun damage and will help your skin to start producing some collagen.

Actually, I really like all of her products for severall reasons. One because they are all the correct pH for the job they are doing. Second, she puts no irritating essential oils in her products which will actually slow your skins production of collagen. Thrid, I think she has great prices. Alpha Hydrox has some great products too.

Below I am providing a link that you can go to and it is where Paula reviews products that she really likes. There are all different categories, like cleansers, anti-aging, anti-acne, sunscreens, exfoliators, etc... and you can just click on to the type of product you want and it shows you the review she gave it and she lists the price and the amount of product you get.

What products are you using now?

Here is the link...

http://www.beautypedia.com/BestProducts.aspx

StarChild1312600132.6471868 PostsRegistered 4/26/2008NYC
...how often should i use the machine? ty!!

I bought it several years ago when SS was on HSN. I began by using it every day and over the years I've gone down to a few times a week or less. I think my skin is the better for it especially around the eye area (sorry but I never had puffy eyes) and on my jawline as I've added a few exercises of my own. Next week I'm going on vacation for a couple of weeks and leaving it behind. It'll be interesting to see how droopy my face will be when I return.

Like Jack Benny, I'm 39 and holding ;)

Irshgrl312­011312600407.5314173 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006
On 8/5/2011 skylands said:

Yes, I believe that Suzanne Somers is putting the MD's out of biz with this. Pleeezzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!

First of all let me just start out by saying you sound like one angry d o u c h e bag. Sorry your life s u cks.

Second, I never said it would put derms out of business, obviously not as I work for 4 of them. It certainly has no affect on the quality of your skin or deep wrinkles but what it will do is lift underlying muscles and give a very noticeable lift to all areas you apply it to.

I suppose it woud take someone with common sense to realize this machine is not going to completely get rid of jowls, etc but it will definitely lift your brow area, cheeks and lips.

Wow! Peace be with you irishgirl312! You sound like the angry one!

And you are the person that writes this to another poster

Sure, we believe you - not! Another QVC poster who thinks she looks 10 years younger! You need to read the post that talks about this.

Why even bother writing this to this poster? How do you know what she looks like?

Skylands1312600507.5036087 PostsRegistered 5/30/2010

First of all let me just start out by saying you sound like one angry d o u c h e bag. Sorry your life s u cks.

Second, I never said it would put derms out of business, obviously not as I work for 4 of them. It certainly has no affect on the quality of your skin or deep wrinkles but what it will do is lift underlying muscles and give a very noticeable lift to all areas you apply it to.

I suppose it woud take someone with common sense to realize this machine is not going to completely get rid of jowls, etc but it will definitely lift your brow area, cheeks and lips.

Sure, we believe you - not! Another QVC poster who thinks she looks 10 years younger! You need to read the post that talks about this.

Why even bother writing this to this poster? How do you know what she looks like?

Settle down! You're so angry and upset! Hey, it's summer, enjoy:)

Irshgrl312­011312601692.9914173 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006

Settle down! You're so angry and upset! Hey, it's summer, enjoy:)

I would only need to settle down if I were angry or upset which I am not. I assure you that you don't have that power. I just find it sound that an adult such as yourself would come on this thread and have such terrible reading comprehension that you can't even understand a simple post and twist it and then insult another poster who says she looks good for her age. What is it to you?

I am sure there is another thread started where all the posters are bashing Lisa about her hair or nails or how she looks at the monitor too often, so why don't you go over to that thread because that is obviously right up your alley. Leave this thread to the ladies that are truly interested in this product and don't care to hear your smarta$$ remarks.

bizziebee0­071312601799.813251 PostsRegistered 1/13/2010Philly Burbs

okay (ignorning the negativity here)...lol...i just started using the SSC TS from a few weeks ago w/the A Force Cleanser 2x p/d, the A Force serum and 4 million IU cream (3x p/w at night only) and the 3 piece Detailer kit (1x p/w)...on the nights i don't use the SSC, I use the EL Night Serum.

i also use "The Solution" antioxidant serum every morning w/Perricone's undereye treatment and Mario Badescu Ceramide Lotion.

i have a 2-piece treatment by PC (Resist line; one is a daily toner like product and the other is a weekly treatment)...but i have not used them in months.

my skin tends to be more on the dry side than oily (my 13 year old DD has the worst oily skin and hair and acne prone skin ever). my pores are large and IMO my skin always looks red and irritated....no matter what i use or don't use.

thanks so much for taking the time to help me!!

manny21312602466.1571780 PostsRegistered 3/11/2009

I second that, wow what an angry post, totally inappropriate.

bizziebee0­071312602950.093251 PostsRegistered 1/13/2010Philly Burbs

irsh: forgot to say thank u for the link to PC!!

Irshgrl312­011312607746.23314173 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006

okay (ignorning the negativity here)...lol...i just started using the SSC TS from a few weeks ago w/the A Force Cleanser 2x p/d, the A Force serum and 4 million IU cream (3x p/w at night only) and the 3 piece Detailer kit (1x p/w)...on the nights i don't use the SSC, I use the EL Night Serum.

i also use "The Solution" antioxidant serum every morning w/Perricone's undereye treatment and Mario Badescu Ceramide Lotion.

i have a 2-piece treatment by PC (Resist line; one is a daily toner like product and the other is a weekly treatment)...but i have not used them in months.

my skin tends to be more on the dry side than oily (my 13 year old DD has the worst oily skin and hair and acne prone skin ever). my pores are large and IMO my skin always looks red and irritated....no matter what i use or don't use.

thanks so much for taking the time to help me!!

Bizziebee, my 16 yr old niece, who usually has beautifully flawless skin started really breaking out in around February of this year. It was really bad. Very deep acne and her face was VERY red and irritated too. Before this, she used whatever to wash her face with. She wasn't really concerned about what she was using because she always had great skin but after her breakout I completely changed up her skin care. I just gave her a facial last week and her skin is COMPLETELY back to normal. I will tell you what I used for her skin and I really think you should give these a try. Oh, BTW her skin is on the dry side too. Also, my niece cannot use benzoyl peroxide because it really causes her skin to get super red and really flaky.

If your skin can handle benzoyl peroxide I would strongly suggest that you try PC CLEAR Regular Strength System. It is 3 products (cleanser, toner and treatment) and it costs $48. Since my niece couldn't use that I just bought her the cleanser ($11) and toner($19). The cleanser is very nice because it has a pH of 5.5 (which is perfect pH for a cleanser), it is a gel cleanser that really cleans your skin and it is a lot of anti-irritants in it to keep your skin from becoming red and inflamed. After she used the cleanser she went onto the toner which is also good because it has the same anti-inflammatory agents in it that calm skin irritation and even calm rosacea. Since she couldn't use the treatment because it contained BP, I used PC 2% BHA (the liquid one) and applied that with a cotton ball just like the toner. DO NOT rinse either one of those off. They have the medicine (salicylic acid) in them and you need to leave that on the skin so it can penetrate the pores and clean them out. Don't let the word acid freak you out. BHA's are actually an anti-irritant and unless you have an allergy to them or aspirin, you will be fine. Once a week I would crush up a bunch of UNCOATED aspirins and put a tiny warm water in it to make a paste. I would them give her a light scrubbing with the paste and leave it on her face about 20 min. The stuff in aspirin also helps to unclog pores as well as working as an anti-inflammatory.

She wanted a light moisturizer too because her skin is a little dry so I got her PC Skin Balancing Moisturizing Gel and used a little bit of that. That was nice and gave her some moisture and calmed her skin.

I told her that she had to use this twice a day otherwise she was wasting her time and my money. If you don't use it CONSISTENTLY, it will NOT work.

By her 6th week using this and using it consistently, her skin was now completely clear.

I would seriously give this a try. You have to use it though, I hate to keep saying that but I see it all the time where people buy all this stuff and use it for a week and if they aren't seeing results right away they quit. It takes a while and especially when you have black heads and large pores that takes a while to clean those pores out and then you will start seeing a reduction in the size of your pores.

For your daughter I would recommend the same thing. They have the CLEAR line in regular or extra strength. That kit which includes the cleanser, toner and treatment is $47. If she can't handle benzoyl peroxide then I would buy the cleanser and toner separately and then buy the BHA 2% and start using that. You two can crush up the aspirin up and make a paste and give each other facials once or twice a week.

I recommend her CLEAR line (and her other products) all the time at my job and so do the dermatologists that I work for. They really love her line too. I have never had someone who didn't see really great results. I have even had people who have been on antibiotics and all kinds of prescription gels who weren't getting great results use this CLEAR line and see a huge improvement. Sometimes just using a good cleanser with the right pH and using good BHA's are all you need to get your skin jump started and on the path to healing.

Anyway, sorry so long. I just wanted to share my experience with my niece and let you know what worked for her and many others I have put on her CLEAR line with great success.

Hope you give it a try and make sure you keep up with it though, that is the most important thing.

Hope this helps you!! Good night!

TG1312630720.81747 PostsRegistered 10/23/2006

I have the face master, I never expected it to make me look like Suzanne. It helps in some firming or plumping of my cheeks and upper lids and jowls. I am 46, do not claim to look 10 years younger. I do not want to look 10 years younger, when I go a week without it I notice a droop. My husband is 6 years younger and I can hold my own with him. I am just happy he actually turns 40 this month, have been waiting for this day for 6 years. 4 years from now I will start waiting for him to catch up to 50. I would not expect anything to work as well as surgery but I am no way ready for that. Maybe in a few years.

sharibel1312631444.937372 PostsRegistered 7/24/2011
On 8/5/2011 manny2 said:

I second that, wow what an angry post, totally inappropriate.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Ranchergal1312632013.7074255 PostsRegistered 6/13/2007
On 8/6/2011 TG said:

I have the face master, I never expected it to make me look like Suzanne. It helps in some firming or plumping of my cheeks and upper lids and jowls. I am 46, do not claim to look 10 years younger. I do not want to look 10 years younger, when I go a week without it I notice a droop. My husband is 6 years younger and I can hold my own with him. I am just happy he actually turns 40 this month, have been waiting for this day for 6 years. 4 years from now I will start waiting for him to catch up to 50. I would not expect anything to work as well as surgery but I am no way ready for that. Maybe in a few years.

Nice post!

Disneydiva1312633467.68289 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007Central Florida

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}I've used the FF for over 12 years, I'm 63 now, and I wouldn't be without it. It does keep your cheek muscles in place and gives a lift. I have had facial work done, over 10 years ago, and this machine has helped keep it looking fresh.

ambersmom1312636195.8071898 PostsRegistered 5/15/2010Boston, MA

Well, to all you naysayers out there!

I was one of those that thought it was all a gag. I am 62 and recently lost 25 lbs and was happy with the weight loss, but horrified with the way my face caved in...OMG, I looked like one of those sharpei dogs with all the folds!

Got one of these when she was with HSN several years ago and never used it and sent it back because "it did not work". So I saw her on HSN and figured what the heck, so I got it again and did a before pic. I got it in April and I must say it has taken time (used daily religiously) but my face looks amazing. I had one eyebrow that was lower than the other and it is now even with the other, my cheeks have re-plumped out and the folds are greatly diminished. And when I hold up the before pic to hubby, even he now agrees it was $ well worth it.

I was too chicken to do fillers/botox as I have heard reports of botox migrating to internal organs (hubby is in the medical field) and just too afraid to use injectables as who knows what the long term effects are.

Like I said, it was definitely not overnight (it has taken almost 4 months of daily use) but I am really taken back by this. Oh, I was on the road for 25 years for my job and the left side of my face aged more than the right so concentrated on that side more(more sagging)....now I need to concentrate on the R side as the left has now surpassed it!

Can't recommend it enough if you are a chicken like me to do the other stuff and no, I am not a plant....just a woman who really had something work for her and wanted to share my experience...but it DOES take a committment:).....best to all!

esmeraldag­ooch1312639670.54311955 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008Adopt a Rescue Pet, who rescues who?

Purchased it then couldn't use it. Too many filling and the electricity arched in my mouth.

People are meant to be loved and things are designed to be used. The problem today is, things are being loved and people are being used. Lets change that.... G.Beck

Page 1 of 2