TSV(R) Preview
129 Members and 11217 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

WEN - how good is it and does it really work?

Started 1312499707.943 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1312663589.83 by KweenB

Does the high price justify the actual results? Reason I ask is because Chaz' hair always looks stringy and unkempt. Also, the QVC models always look so good in his presentations, but aftwards they all go back to their standard, day-to-day hairdos. Your comments please.

Page 1 of 1
Arley1312501633.757505 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I LOVE IT!!! And my thin hair has definitely got thicker!!! Pretty good for a 61 year old!!!!

Arley

monamar1312502847.6238 PostsRegistered 3/12/2010

Thanks Arley. I rarely buy a product because the show host tells me to, but if the QVC shoppers say that something is good, it generally is. I just needed to be able to justify the high costs, especially when they tell you to use 12 pumps with each cleansing. I barely use a dime size amount of shampoo as it is, so hearing those instructions scares me.

Gym Bunny1312502864.9932250 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007Washington State

I've been tempted, but all the posts regarding loss of hair really bother me. My hair is longer than shoulder length and it seems like it would be a very expensive venture for me. I'm glad it works so well for many!

Wish it, dream it. dare it, do it!

Rochester ­Shopper1312564692.4174922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

Wen is a game-changer. Don't hesitate to try Wen. It really lives up to the hype. Yes, it is more expensive than shampoo, but the results are well worth the cost! If you don't like it, you can return it. You don't just notice a little difference, your hair will be transformed. I felt just like you about the price and the quantity you need to use, but I bit the bullet and tried Wen. You have to throw out everything you know about washing your hair. Yes, 12 pumps seems like a lot. Start out using the recommended amount for your hair length when you start. If you use too little, your hair will not get clean. Make sure you rinse it well. After you use Wen three or four times, you get a feel for how much you need, and you can adjust your amount. I have shoulder length hair and use 7-8 pumps. I only need to wash my hair one time. I am in my 50's. After my perpetual summer started, my hair became dry, dull, flat, lifeless and had no body. Now my hair is better than it was when I was a teenager! It is SHINY, has body, feels thicker, and soft. My hair stopped breaking and falling out. My hair stylest can't believe how well my hair takes and keeps the color. I take my Wen to my stylist appointments because I don't ever want shampoo to touch my hair again! Strangers even tell me I have beautiful hair! You know how you try a new shampoo and you love it at first, and then it seems to stop working? Not with Wen. I have been using it for 9 months, and my hair gets better and better. I like to switch between pomegranite, cucumber and his newest, Six Thirteen. The beauty of Wen is that the next day, I wake up and my hair is as fresh and clean as it was the day I washed it. I just have to touch up a few "bumps" with the hair dryer. Sometimes I can even go 3 days without washing my hair (I just use a shower cap in the shower). I highly recommend getting the styling cream, too. It helps hold my style. While washing my hair, I also put Wen on my thinning eyelashes. They have become are thicker, and my mascara has never gone on so beautifully. I also discovered that my nails were stronger after using Wen, so I rub some Wen into my nails and on my eyelashes before bed. I got Wen for my frugel 85 year old mother, who has baby-fine, colored, dry, damaged hair. Her hair is now shiny, thicker and has body for the first time in her life. She doesn't flinch at the price because it works. Give it a try and see if it is for you. The worst that can happen is you return it. Enjoy!

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

I Teach Too1312564930.0211790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.
On 8/5/2011 Rochester Shopper said:

Wen is a game-changer. Don't hesitate to try Wen. It really lives up to the hype. Yes, it is more expensive than shampoo, but the results are well worth the cost! If you don't like it, you can return it. You don't just notice a little difference, your hair will be transformed. I felt just like you about the price and the quantity you need to use, but I bit the bullet and tried Wen. You have to throw out everything you know about washing your hair. Yes, 12 pumps seems like a lot. Start out using the recommended amount for your hair length when you start. If you use too little, your hair will not get clean. Make sure you rinse it well. After you use Wen three or four times, you get a feel for how much you need, and you can adjust your amount. I have shoulder length hair and use 7-8 pumps. I only need to wash my hair one time. I am in my 50's. After my perpetual summer started, my hair became dry, dull, flat, lifeless and had no body. Now my hair is better than it was when I was a teenager! It is SHINY, has body, feels thicker, and soft. My hair stopped breaking and falling out. My hair stylest can't believe how well my hair takes and keeps the color. I take my Wen to my stylist appointments because I don't ever want shampoo to touch my hair again! Strangers even tell me I have beautiful hair! You know how you try a new shampoo and you love it at first, and then it seems to stop working? Not with Wen. I have been using it for 9 months, and my hair gets better and better. I like to switch between pomegranite, cucumber and his newest, Six Thirteen. The beauty of Wen is that the next day, I wake up and my hair is as fresh and clean as it was the day I washed it. I just have to touch up a few "bumps" with the hair dryer. Sometimes I can even go 3 days without washing my hair (I just use a shower cap in the shower). I highly recommend getting the styling cream, too. It helps hold my style. While washing my hair, I also put Wen on my thinning eyelashes. They have become are thicker, and my mascara has never gone on so beautifully. I also discovered that my nails were stronger after using Wen, so I rub some Wen into my nails and on my eyelashes before bed. I got Wen for my frugel 85 year old mother, who has baby-fine, colored, dry, damaged hair. Her hair is now shiny, thicker and has body for the first time in her life. She doesn't flinch at the price because it works. Give it a try and see if it is for you. The worst that can happen is you return it. Enjoy!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

SuziQ21312573993.272529 PostsRegistered 9/18/2008

I used to use only wen. However, after finding I was losing hair and it didn't always look as clean as I liked, I now use a Sodium Laurel Sulfate Free shampoo, and use Wen as the conditioner. I use about 5 pumps - let it sit on my hair for a couple of minutes, then rise. I have dry blonde highlighted hair so need the moisture, and I do put a little bit on it after I towel dry to help my comb/brush go thru it easily. I get the benefit of Wen and my scalp isn't rubbed so hard by scrubbing with it. I won't use wen for a shampoo anymore, and this is a way I can use it up. It''s just too expensive and doesn't keep my hair looking as clean as the shampoo I am using now.

Chocolate; It's not just for breakfast anymore.

noposting1312574072.4933577 PostsRegistered 11/18/2005

WEN is really no better than a good sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. I found that my hair color faded just as fast and it wasn't any softer or shinier, it was equal in results.

bruingirl1312576073.4176918 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

monamar

welcome to the boards! wen is my HG for haircare. I've been using it for 5 years now and won't be without it. wen gives me soft, shiny, healthy manageable hair. I cleanse twice a week. For newbies I usually suggest getting a discovery kit...and before you use it, watch the instructional videos on youtube or on Chaz's website. Two of the most common mistakes made by newbies is not using enough CC and not rinsing long enough. Try it for a few weeks and if you don't like it you can always send it back.

bruingirl

Live.....Laugh.....Love

meemo51312576228.5445 PostsRegistered 12/15/2007
On 8/4/2011 Arley said:

I LOVE IT!!! And my thin hair has definitely got thicker!!! Pretty good for a 61 year old!!!!

Arley

Arley:

I'm 62 with very thin hair; no body! What formulation to do use?

Visaqueen1312576655.7439244 PostsRegistered 1/29/2007Suffragette City

I have been using WEN for years, ever since it debuted on the Q. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It is by far the best cleansing system I have ever used on my hair, and I have spent a fortune on the best salon products (and I've given dimestore stuff a whirl, too) over the years.

I am a clean freak, and my hair is squeaky clean after cleansing.

It is an adjustment to get used to cleansing your hair without lots of suds. Watch the video and read the directions, then take the time to work with it so you can find the ritual that is best for you. I was thrilled the first time I used it, but tweaked my ritual for even better results. I still tweak it now and then, depending on the season!

I have very dry hair, and MUST use leave-ins for good results. I generally use the cleansing conditioner and style cream for that.

I think it is absolutely worth it! The negative comments don't apply to me - my hair is bouncy, clean, healthy, ON MY HEAD and I have no problems with my drain. HTH!

Last edited on 8/5/2011

Last edited on 8/5/2011

I have a fever . . . and the only cure . . . is more COWBELL!

jpie1312576905.8371785 PostsRegistered 7/3/2007

I have been a WEN user for at least three years. My color lasts until it grows out and it never becomes brassy.

My hair is thicker then it was with Matrix products.

Sbyrd1312579891.211264 PostsRegistered 1/27/2009

It worked really well for me for a while (it definitely kept my color looking good) but I started having trouble with greasiness and thinning hair so I gave it up.

Kristinemmk1312590061.0756 PostsRegistered 7/28/2008
On 8/5/2011 bruingirl said:

monamar

welcome to the boards! wen is my HG for haircare. I've been using it for 5 years now and won't be without it. wen gives me soft, shiny, healthy manageable hair. I cleanse twice a week. For newbies I usually suggest getting a discovery kit...and before you use it, watch the instructional videos on youtube or on Chaz's website. Two of the most common mistakes made by newbies is not using enough CC and not rinsing long enough. Try it for a few weeks and if you don't like it you can always send it back.

bruingirl

I so agree with you on everything you say here - I love Wen - I also found the product works better when I comb it through my hair in the shower. Another advantage of Wen Cleansing Conditioner for me is that I don't have to wash my hair everyday (like I did with traditional shampoo/conditioner).

sharibel1312591094.497372 PostsRegistered 7/24/2011

Hi, monamar. I commented on another thread that my "before and after" looks exactly like the models' "befores and afters" whether I use Wen or my preferred shampoo. Unfortunately, I experienced hair loss with Wen. Others have had skin and scalp reactions. There have been many threads about this product -- you might want to visit the forum for further feedback so you can make your decision. Kiss

Vamp1312603050.59311599 PostsRegistered 3/9/2007

I tried it & didn't feel like it was worth the hype.

PinkyE1312605810.653492 PostsRegistered 5/23/2010NYC

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

I was skeptical to try it at first too and actually the first time that I tried it, I was one of those people who didn't use enough and sent it right back. And after still hearing the raving reviews that people gave it, I decided to try it again and this time really take the time out to learn how to use product. I haven't gone back since and it's been almost 3 years now. I won't lie to you, there is a major learning curve with this one but once you figure it out and learn what products work best for you, when to use, and how to use them you too will love the outcome.

I have AA hair and it was in good condition before I started using WEN and since WEN it just took my hair to the next level. Everything that Chaz says is true!

My only advise or suggestion would be, it is costly, worth it but costly. So, unless you have the money to consistenly purchase this product you can do with out it. IMO, you would just have to do more to take better care of your hair. But IMO, it totally is worth the money.

HTH

PinkyE

Star Gazer­821312607203.463233 PostsRegistered 1/28/2010

I have fine, thin hair and I really feel like Wen makes my hair feel greasy and weighed down. I've tried the different formulas, and used the number of pumps that the bottle says. Chaz always says that people who don't like Wen aren't using enough, so I made sure to use the maximum that the pump said. I wanted it to work, but it didn't.

Giordan1312648224.9131927 PostsRegistered 8/5/2011

I tried it when it was the TSV. I noticed hair loss also. I gave it to a friend, who gave it to a friend. The last I heard it was in it was in its' fifth or sixth 'home', and I have very few frinds left.{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

shoptillId­rop1312649443.4179399 PostsRegistered 10/25/2006Michigan

For me personally, WEN is awesome and yes...it really works. I won't be without it from here on out. I used it for a couple of years, stopped for a year or so till my hair screamed out for help. Went back to WEN and won't ever quit again.

I tried being patient but it took too long.

lILY1312650373.0470 PostsRegistered 12/21/2009

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}I thought how good can it be???Why would i pay so much money for shampoo???After waisting so much money on Shampoo and conditioner i was done trying .my hair is colored and thin and curly .the first time i put it in my hair i felt a big difference for the fist time my hair was so soft and i could see all the shine when it was try.i am staying with Wen from now on.so please give it a try you might Love it like i do.....I Love it....{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

ValentinaB­on1312650477.5076934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

WEN is the best thing that has happened to my hair. I've been using it almost exclusively (I am a hair care junkie and will once in awhile try new things that interest me..but I always go back to WEN) for three years and my fine hair has never looked better. My hair would not grow past my shoulders for the longest time but after using WEN, it FINALLY started to grow and now it is looong. I think that after this past time of experimenting with a few new shampoos/conditioners, I am finally done doing so because I cannot deny the consistent results I get with WEN. love love love it!

DUH....WENing! :)

crush1312656934.92127 PostsRegistered 10/7/2005NC

You'll find some who love it and some who don't. It did not work for me. I used it for a good 6-7 months. It does a good job of smoothing, but it smoothed my hair too much and took the natural curl/wave out. My hair just looked too flat. And it may just be my hormones/age/etc., but my natural curl/wave has not come back to the shape it was before I used Wen. I discontinued using it about 4 months ago. It was almost like I had used some type of chemical relaxer. It's slowly starting to come back but not as quick as I'd like. I'm glad it works for some folks, but it's not worth it to me.

Sheilaray1312657946.273711 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007

I have thick, wavy hair and just tried Wen for the first time, as I got a generous sample size of the Sweet Almond in the Beauty Tube.

My hair felt dry and looked lack-luster and frizzy after using it. I've seen enough presentations to know how to use it. Also, my hair didn't stay fresh any longer than with regular shampoo.

It totally confirmed for me that my instincts were right about the hype of this product.

I will be sticking with my sulfate-free shampoo and Moroccan Oil.

KweenB1312663589.8072167 PostsRegistered 11/27/2010

People definitely either love it or hate it. There's not many moderate reviews for WEN. I love it. I've been using WEN and the Hair One for 2-3 months now. My hair looks better than it has in a long time.

Before starting WEN, I tried many sulfate-free cleansers, as well as using other department store conditioners for co-washing. Nothing I tried compared to the results I get with WEN and Hair One. Not even close. I use Hair One Cucumber and Aloe on my scalp and WEN Sweet Almond Mint on the ends. It's proving to be the perfect combination for me.

Page 1 of 1