Just-Reduced Clearance
147 Members and 11747 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

"Paula Young" Sale - wigs/hairpieces

Started 1312213278.65 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1312224405.2 by lovestodance
replies

Hi Beauties ..

I just received notification of Clearance wigs from Paula Young Wigs *link* Looks like they have a generous amount of styles, sizes and colors they are offering on Clearance at present, not just leftovers.

I have purchased numerous wigs and esp hairpieces with Paula Young thru the years, altho admittedly not in the last few years. I still have plenty from them. I've been *very* pleased with Paula Young, & even the service when I might have had to return items.

I'm thinking of purchasing at least some of the "Stretch-a-Comb" hairpieces that I like. In summer's warm weather, I like to just pull up my long hair, slap the hairpiece on, and fluff it a little around the edges .. heh But .. the drawback is, I cant decide on which hair color i presently want to be so that the hairpiece blends! heh

Definitely I'm looking at a few of their perk, cute wigs, esp where the hair style lines are upwardly drawn, carrying my facial lines and features upward, and hopefully minimizing those "signs of maturity" on my face -(kicking in and giving my concealer and highlighter some help!) heh But with a wig, I don't have to be as concerned with matching hair color as with a hairpiece. As an "woman of maturity" I like to go a little bit lighter hair color than most of my life's hair color has been. Lighter tends to soften my "lines of maturity" more so also, I've found & heard.

But I do love slapping on a hairpiece during the hot days summer (or when in a rush).

Paula Young seems to have outlasted many other wig companies, and they have numerous sales .. numerous!

Enjoy! :-)

♥†♥ “Sticks alone can be broken by a child. but sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.” ♥†♥

Page 1 of 1
lovestodan­ce1312215753.914872 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006
On 8/1/2011 Make Up Maiden said:

Hi Beauties ..

I just received notification of Clearance wigs from Paula Young Wigs *link* Looks like they have a generous amount of styles, sizes and colors they are offering on Clearance at present, not just leftovers.

I have purchased numerous wigs and esp hairpieces with Paula Young thru the years, altho admittedly not in the last few years. I still have plenty from them. I've been *very* pleased with Paula Young, & even the service when I might have had to return items.

I'm thinking of purchasing at least some of the "Stretch-a-Comb" hairpieces that I like. In summer's warm weather, I like to just pull up my long hair, slap the hairpiece on, and fluff it a little around the edges .. heh But .. the drawback is, I cant decide on which hair color i presently want to be so that the hairpiece blends! heh

Definitely I'm looking at a few of their perk, cute wigs, esp where the hair style lines are upwardly drawn, carrying my facial lines and features upward, and hopefully minimizing those "signs of maturity" on my face -(kicking in and giving my concealer and highlighter some help!) heh But with a wig, I don't have to be as concerned with matching hair color as with a hairpiece. As an "woman of maturity" I like to go a little bit lighter hair color than most of my life's hair color has been. Lighter tends to soften my "lines of maturity" more so also, I've found & heard.

But I do love slapping on a hairpiece during the hot days summer (or when in a rush).

Paula Young seems to have outlasted many other wig companies, and they have numerous sales .. numerous!

Enjoy! :-)

Hi Make Up Maiden,

You don't know how much i appreciate this post,and mainly the link.

Here's my story. I have baby fine very thin hair soft fly away hair.

Also have some thinning in a few area's as well.

Have some colic's and receding hair line.

Do have perms a few times a year to give me some lift,style and volume.

Unfortunately since i had to change hair salons was give a horrible haircut.

The hair dresser cut my hair too short especially Crown area. Was cut over 5 to 6 weeks ago.

Normally my hair grow quickly but not this time.

Had my perm mid March, and had only two hair cuts since.

My perms always last longer.

Am really so unhappy,and need to find another salon.

Am petrified at not finding the right person to give me a good perm.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I live in a rural area,and do have some shops but no one to recommend a good one.

Sorry off topic.

I really would like to find a nice wig that is comfortable and easy to style.

Do lean to ones that are short feel they maybe easy for me to handle.

Am a senior and not good at doing my hair.

I did go to the site,and see many nice one's. However they are styled on models.

Not sure about size as i went to the measuring link.

Did measure as best i could. My measurements. All around about 21 inches. Front to back 12 inches. Ear to Ear. about 10/1/2.

Did it the best i could. All did not fall into there measurements.

However they said to take largest measurement to find right size.

I think it maybe Pet??

Maybe you can help??

Sorry this is hard for me as i am not very secure with ordering.

I hate wearing hats,or anything on my head.

So i am wondering if a wig would be a good idea?

Hoping to hear from you with some direction.

Thanks in advance.

lovestodance{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Make Up M­aiden1312222494.18535 PostsRegistered 4/2/2011

Hi lovestodance .. :-)

Glad this thread/link was of any help to you. :-)

I can understand your dilemma and hair concerns .. most definitely!

I take a large sized wig because, #1 my head is large, I knew that from hats I've tried on in the past, but also, #2 because i have some long (albeit thin) hair i need to stuff under the wig.

I'm not confident about suggesting sizing for someone else, but the Customer Service call line ladies (1-800-364-9060) will most likely be able to help you as they have with me in the past. I'm sure they can guide you with which of your head measurements might take priority over yr other head measurements, in the event that the head measurements dont clearly match one particular size. Also, many many cancer survivors use these Paula Young wigs and I believe Customer Service successfully counseled/suggested to them also. Hope this helps.

Customer Svs will perhaps be able to guide you as to which wigs are more easily styled. I've found a medium to short (not short-short) wig to be more easily styled. Out of the MANY wigs I've purchased there, I've only had a problem styling one wig style, and in that case, they were cheerful about returns.

Even tho I like some of the styles, the Christine Jordan wigs seem to be a little too unrealistically full and thick for me to be able to carry off. I haven't tried the Jaclyn Smith wigs yet, but they appear to me that they might not be as easily styled, because the cuts seem so randomly layered to me.

Some of the wigs have more of an open weave and "breathe" a little better than others, The industry seems to lean more and more towards open weaves for breath-ability anyway.

I have to be careful that I dont wear a wig *all* the time, and I need to let my scalp breathe .. 'cause it seems like it thins my hair even more with an all-the-time wig. I have thin, wispy, baby fine hair that is getting thinner and thinner *fast* as I age, esp top and sides! I need all the help I can get for the appearance of a fuller looking head of hair!

The way it was explained to me by my former long-standing, trustworthy hairstylist, there are many normal, everyday factors that contribute to hair loss (in addition to serious medical issued like chemotherapy, for instance) Fine hair & longer hair are more brittle. Perms might make the hair look fuller, but there tends to be more breakage also. Curling irons, and hairdryer dried hair increase damage, as does thyroid or other common (or not to common) medical issues! Lack of the right vitamins or vitamin combo can cause problems with thinning hair also.

My hair stylist of 20+ years was no longer available, and I too was nervous about shopping for a new hair stylist. What I did was to be alert about other people's hair styles/cuts whenever I would shop or do errands. When I saw some one's hairstyle that I wanted for myself, I would approach them, and ask them for the name of their hairdresser, and would they mind me using that person's name, as the style I wanted. When I went to this client's hairdresser, (provided the hairdresser remembered the client when I called to make an appt), I dropped the name, and asked for a hair style/cut just like her.

It worked!! Not only was I pleased with that same/similar hairstyle I'd shopped for, but there have been times I showed up for an appt and told my new hairstylist, I need a change, what would she suggest. I mean that's a trusting relationship we'd built! Thank goodness.

Whew .. what long winded suggestions!

I hope this tome of explanations/feedback. I feel your concern & have been in much the similar situation. I will be interested in how you make out, if you feel like letting us know how it goes!! :-) Good luck! :-)

♥†♥ “Sticks alone can be broken by a child. but sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.” ♥†♥

lovestodan­ce1312224405.24872 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006

Oh thank you so much for your well explained info you gave.

I really don't care for wigs,or hair pieces since i am not handy,and frankly find them to be hot,and uncomfortable. We are experiencing a long hot summer.

Don't live in a hot climate as so to speak,but it's been really bad here.

I am in the same delima as you with finding a new salon as i did mention previously.

Long story with one i was using for several years.

Very close to my home,and is the soul owner there.

She did give me nice cuts,and decent perms.

Very reasonable as well.

Just had a bad personal experience and cannot go back.

When you have bad hair as i do it's important to get the right cuts,and services.

Will have to think about wigs,and hair pieces for awhile.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply,and hope my post was not too long and annoying.

((lovestodance))

Page 1 of 1