TSV(R) Preview
48 Members and 12744 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

NoNO shaver

Started 1311549212.517 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1311634335.427 by I am still oxox
replies

Has anyone used this hair remover? Does it work? How much is it?

Page 1 of 1
chandeliers1311550935.7734357 PostsRegistered 3/5/2008

I've never used it but have watched the presentation on hsn. The girl is a great saleswoman and it appears she doesn't have a hair left on her body.

Our local newstation did a demo among several woman to test it and it got a thumbs down by all the women. I was really surprised.

ThinkOutsi­deTheBox1311589006.621649 PostsRegistered 1/23/2011
Just bought it recently (two weeks). It is NOT easy to use on the face. Something that they do not show on TV demonstrations at all is that the little tip with the wire bounces up and down on your face unless you keep the No! No! at a perfect 90 degree angle to your skin at all times. I have practiced and practiced, and this is not possible to do around the chin or mouth. I have burned myself several times around the lips and mouth so far. I have been the happiest with the No! No! On my cheeks. I do not know if this is going to provide for a reduction in or no more hair though. The light/heat pulse coming out of this cannot be strong enough to reach the hair follicle, even if hair WAS a good conductor of heat/electricity, which I do not believe. No! No! will simply make it a lot faster to get rid of peach fuzz once you are used to how to use it. After buffing, your cheeks are definitely very smooth for a few days. This does not seem to get the more stubborn, thicker chin hairs though. Maybe because I cannot get a good contact on the contoured surface, but No! no! missed mine every time so far. On the legs, using the No! No! is time consuming initially, and there is definitely stubble afterwards...even after buffing. I hesitate to give this a thumbs down after only two weeks use though. I am going to keep using it, and I will add to my comments if I can. Be aware the smell of burning hair is definitely noticeable. I do not think you will want to do this around anyone else. And since there is an occasional skip of the tip on the skin, even on flat body areas, you get little ouchies that feel like pin pricks (it is actually a little burn from the wire) once in a while. This means I can probably never use this on my hubby, which I was hoping to do. He is too much of a baby.Last edited on 7/25/2011

Last edited on 7/25/2011

MotorCity ­Chick1311599253.9571816 PostsRegistered 2/1/2005Michigan

I have this and use it on my arms and face (dont get alot of hair on my legs) I've had no problems using it and for me it does a great job on those areas.

trixie1311601262.62449 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005

I have it waste of money didn't work. I have dark hair and light skin.

harv1311622226.737383 PostsRegistered 11/20/2010

I just use Nair its less than $6.00 and all hair gone within 5 mintues, why pay almost $300.00 for a product that take's half the day to use & might not work.

willdob31311633869.24310702 PostsRegistered 10/31/2010

There have been a handful of people who gave it good reviews but I am not sure it actually did what it was supposed to do even for them.

It is supposed to slow hair regrowth until there is eventually no hair regrowth. I tried it for 11 wks using it at least once per day. You're only supposed to need to use it about 3 times per week. They said using it more often would bring faster results. I had no results. No decrease in hair regrowth. I sent it back.

It is more of a hair trimmer than remover.

I use Bellebabe & occasionally Magic Powder, a depilatory. I can't use depilatories very often. They are all too harsh for my skin.

I am still­ oxox1311634335.3274618 PostsRegistered 5/14/2006North of NYC - the greatest city in the world

Mine is going back, I do not have the patience for a long hair removal process. I really do not mind shaving so there is no need for the NO NO

Decided to change up my SN a bit, and maybe this is a bit clearer :)

Always be Happy, always wear a smile .. Not because life is full of reasons to smile, but because your smile itself is a reason for many others to smile :)

Page 1 of 1