Better Than Black Friday
130 Members and 15490 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Maracuja oil for oily acne prone skin? Thoughts...Experiences....Advice?

Started 1309063791.593 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1309367585.58 by LuvMyPuppies

I would like to hear from those of you that have used this with oily acne prone skin and if it is working for you.

I have decided from previous discussions that argan oil is not a good idea for our skin type.

Anyone want to share their experience with the Maracuja?

Did it break you out?

Did it help your skin be less oily? Did it help improve your skin in any other way?

Page 1 of 1
love BE1309064141.661150 PostsRegistered 8/20/2007SD
I have combination acne prone skin and yes the Argan oil was bad for me but love the maracuja oil. I don't use it on my t zone as it makes me slightly more oily there. My skin has a glow from using this and feels smoother. I put it under my eyes for my hydration as well. I use the tarte one.

LuvMyPuppi­es1309064421.967916 PostsRegistered 9/12/2008
On 6/25/2011 love BE said: I have combination acne prone skin and yes the Argan oil was bad for me but love the maracuja oil. I don't use it on my t zone as it makes me slightly more oily there. My skin has a glow from using this and feels smoother. I put it under my eyes for my hydration as well. I use the tarte one.

Thanks for the reply! I am really trying to decide on whether to purchase the large bottle of this. I have a sample from the last Tarte order I placed and I have only used a couple of times. I haven't had any huge breakouts (yet) but I have noticed some "tiny" little pimples and think it may be due to this ............OR.......it could just be the warmer weather.

Last edited on 6/25/2011

Last edited on 6/25/2011

happy2behe­re1309093576.9331508 PostsRegistered 2/8/2005NW Burbs, IL

I am so oily. I still get breakouts and I love the Maracuja oil. It does not make me break out and it doesn't make me oily. I actually love the feel of my skin.{#emotions_dlg.tt1} The argan oil is definately more of an oil slick on me.

LuvMyPuppi­es1309123240.073916 PostsRegistered 9/12/2008
On 6/26/2011 happy2behere said:

I am so oily. I still get breakouts and I love the Maracuja oil. It does not make me break out and it doesn't make me oily. I actually love the feel of my skin.{#emotions_dlg.tt1} The argan oil is definately more of an oil slick on me.

Thanks!

LuvMyPuppi­es1309123291.89916 PostsRegistered 9/12/2008
On 6/26/2011 happy2behere said:

I am so oily. I still get breakouts and I love the Maracuja oil. It does not make me break out and it doesn't make me oily. I actually love the feel of my skin.{#emotions_dlg.tt1} The argan oil is definately more of an oil slick on me.

Thanks!

lyn in MI1309124146.51724630 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

I've applied Maracuja Oil to my dry cheek area, but I can't be persuaded to apply it to my oily T-Zone.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

LuvMyPuppi­es1309127560.367916 PostsRegistered 9/12/2008
On 6/26/2011 lyn in MI said:

I've applied Maracuja Oil to my dry cheek area, but I can't be persuaded to apply it to my oily T-Zone.

I really don't have any "dry" areas on my face.

I've read that oil helps decrease the oil but I am just too stuck in my ways of using oil free.

I think I am going to use this on my neck. elbows, feet & cuticles.

lyn......by the way.....I LOVE Dr.Dennis Gross Extra Strenght Peel pads & the GLOW PADS!

pattiPA1309192707.0338 PostsRegistered 5/25/2007

I can speak to the breakouts. Argan oil does not break my skin out but the Maracuja does. I tried it a few times with the same result..... Bumps that last for weeks. Could be an allergy but for whatever reason, this oil is not for me. I am in my late 50s and have pretty good skin otherwise.

I noted on the big bottle customer comments that some other people had a reaction, too. You might want to use it on a small area to start and see how your skin reacts. Good Luck

lyn in MI1309193300.49724630 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 6/26/2011 LuvMyPuppies said:

...cut...

lyn......by the way.....I LOVE Dr.Dennis Gross Extra Strenght Peel pads & the GLOW PADS!

I haven't tried the Glow Pads yet. I am so leary of faux tanning.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

seceretros­es1309218990.46314 PostsRegistered 6/20/2011

I have very acne prone skin and I love this oil! I actually use it all over my face and have had great improvment. I hope this works for you :)

LuvMyPuppi­es1309223069.907916 PostsRegistered 9/12/2008
On 6/27/2011 lyn in MI said:
On 6/26/2011 LuvMyPuppies said:

...cut...

lyn......by the way.....I LOVE Dr.Dennis Gross Extra Strenght Peel pads & the GLOW PADS!

I haven't tried the Glow Pads yet. I am so leary of faux tanning.

lyn, I don't know your skin tone, however, I have a light to medium (more to the medium) and the glow pads give you a very natural looking light tan. The longer you use them the darker it gets. I actually get 4 uses out of each pad as I cut them in half and use one of the halves and then put it in an airtight container and use it the next night or the night after.

I really like how natural these look. It isn't as severe as you might think. Like I said, you can kind of customize the color you want. At least that works for me.

You could open one of the glow pads and just use a quarter of one on an area that won't show and then keep the pad in a sealed jar to use later on your face. By the way.... the tan doesn't stay very long but it will for a few days. Believe me, it isn't orange. It almost takes your skin and just makes it a little darker and glowing.

Last edited on 6/27/2011

Last edited on 6/27/2011

LuvMyPuppi­es1309223280.86916 PostsRegistered 9/12/2008
On 6/27/2011 seceretroses said:

I have very acne prone skin and I love this oil! I actually use it all over my face and have had great improvment. I hope this works for you :)

Hi, I have tried the sample I have a few times and I just don't think it soaks in very well for me. Probably because my pores are already full of oil! LOL

Thanks for the comments! I even tried getting my hands damp and just using one or two drops and patting in or rubbing it in and it still seems to just stay there. I do like how my face feels soft but I think it may be contributing to "tiny" pimples and i do mean the tiny tiny ones.

baby burns1309231439.2978793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

i do not have oily skink, but i would think, oil and oil would not work. i would not buy the large bottle, until you know for sure. i think you may be asking for trouble on your skin, and sure you would not want that.

LuvMyPuppi­es1309324287.74916 PostsRegistered 9/12/2008
On 6/27/2011 baby burns said:

i do not have oily skink, but i would think, oil and oil would not work. i would not buy the large bottle, until you know for sure. i think you may be asking for trouble on your skin, and sure you would not want that.

Yeah....I cancelled my order and I think I am going to stay away from using on my face and just use on cuticles, elbows, feet. I am happy for those that can use it. I just don't think it's for me. I really like a clean smooth "not greasy" feel on my face and I just couldn't get past the oily feeling that wouldn't go away.

lyn in MI1309351778.524630 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 6/27/2011 LuvMyPuppies said:

lyn, I don't know your skin tone, however, I have a light to medium (more to the medium) and the glow pads give you a very natural looking light tan. The longer you use them the darker it gets. I actually get 4 uses out of each pad as I cut them in half and use one of the halves and then put it in an airtight container and use it the next night or the night after.

I really like how natural these look. It isn't as severe as you might think. Like I said, you can kind of customize the color you want. At least that works for me.

You could open one of the glow pads and just use a quarter of one on an area that won't show and then keep the pad in a sealed jar to use later on your face. By the way.... the tan doesn't stay very long but it will for a few days. Believe me, it isn't orange. It almost takes your skin and just makes it a little darker and glowing.

Last edited on 6/27/2011

I'm fair. Thanksomuch for the suggestion on how to try them! Do you apply the pad to your ears, too? Have you found any streaking? Do you use them on their own, or apply after A/B Peel Pads.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

LuvMyPuppi­es1309361261.71916 PostsRegistered 9/12/2008
On 6/29/2011 lyn in MI said:
On 6/27/2011 LuvMyPuppies said:

lyn, I don't know your skin tone, however, I have a light to medium (more to the medium) and the glow pads give you a very natural looking light tan. The longer you use them the darker it gets. I actually get 4 uses out of each pad as I cut them in half and use one of the halves and then put it in an airtight container and use it the next night or the night after.

I really like how natural these look. It isn't as severe as you might think. Like I said, you can kind of customize the color you want. At least that works for me.

You could open one of the glow pads and just use a quarter of one on an area that won't show and then keep the pad in a sealed jar to use later on your face. By the way.... the tan doesn't stay very long but it will for a few days. Believe me, it isn't orange. It almost takes your skin and just makes it a little darker and glowing.

Last edited on 6/27/2011

I'm fair. Thanksomuch for the suggestion on how to try them! Do you apply the pad to your ears, too? Have you found any streaking? Do you use them on their own, or apply after A/B Peel Pads.

Yes, I apply them to my ears also and my neck last. I have some sun from working in the yard but not so much on my face as I always wear a visor and sunglasses. I was using them on their own but after reading your post I looked them up and he recommends that you get better results when using after the peel pads. I am going to do that next time. Guess it helps for me to read directions! LOL! They really give you a nice "glow" to your skin. I have used BE faux tan on my face before (didn't like the sticky feel) but I like using these so much more. Besides, they have anti-aging benefits in them as well. Good luck if you try! I really think you will like them. The longer you use the pad on your face, the darker it will be. (not real dark mind you) Hope that all makes sense, I am not very good at giving descriptions or directions.

oh, & no I did not experience any streaking. i just use the pad in a circular motion over & over all over my face.

<h1>Dr. Gross (50) Alpha-Beta Glow Pads Anti- Aging Self Tan</h1>

How do I use it: Apply by blending evenly on face, neck, and decollete in the morning of evening. Increase the number of repetitions to achieve a deeper glow. Wash hands immediately after use. For best results, use after the Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel (sold separately).

Last edited on 6/29/2011

Last edited on 6/29/2011

spelch1309365697.63723 PostsRegistered 9/13/2008IL

I too have acne and the maracuja oil has really improved my skin with acne, black heads, and all around poor size. I will not be with out again!

LuvMyPuppi­es1309367585.537916 PostsRegistered 9/12/2008
On 6/29/2011 spelch said:

I too have acne and the maracuja oil has really improved my skin with acne, black heads, and all around poor size. I will not be with out again!

Do you feel that it sits on your skin or does it sink in when you first put it on?

Page 1 of 1