Top Rated on Easy Pay
141 Members and 12723 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Wen how do you make it not look greasy?

Started 1260694973 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1260724936 by Sapphireandice
replies
I bought the last tsv a/d and I just can't figure out how to get it not to look greasy. I have normal hair, comb it thru, and rinse alot. What is the trick I'm missing? I love the lavender scent and the fact that it pulls out the least amout of hairs using it compared to other shampoo especially when my thyroid is acting up and hair falls out more than norm. But it just looks like I haven't washed my hair in days and lacks volume.

My blog:
http://peacemanor.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 1
buddylou12606979684987 PostsRegistered 4/24/2007
If your hair still looks greasy you are not cleaning or rinsing properly. I use Wen and my hair is always clean and bouncy. You have to lather and scrub and add some water and scrub some more. When you are ready to rinse your hair and when you have rinsed it out rinse some more. I always rinse twice as long as I used to with regular shampoo.
No 1 rule if your hair looks greasy you are not getting it clean and rinsed properly.

StLExplorer1260717949631 PostsRegistered 1/1/2006St. Louis
I agree with Buddylou...if you look "greasy" you're likely not getting it rinsed out well enough. I know there are ladies here who have used WEN much longer than I have, so may have some additional tips. Overall, I think the key is using enough product to cleanse, concentrating on your scalp, and not putting as much in the length of your hair, and rinsing really well. I also can't use the Fig on a regular basis, as it's too rich for my hair...I get the over conditioned look with that one.
At first, the extra rinsing seemed like it would take a lot longer, but really it's no longer than a shampoo and conditioner and leaving the conditioner on for a few minutes.
--
Edited by StLExplorer at 12/13/2009 6:26 AM PST

Last edited on 12/13/2009

snowleopard12607181831089 PostsRegistered 4/12/2008
Peacemanor, there are many discussions of this already on the boards. Myself and many, many others had the same results as you did with Wen. We rinsed and rinsed and rinsed some more.We watched the videos; some people actually called their customer service. The fact is that everything doesn't work for everybody. My hair looked greasy and flat within hours of using Wen. Nothing changed that until I went back to using a shampoo/conditioner. So, just know that you're not alone. Many of us had the same results as you and we were doing nothing "wrong." Like everything else in the universe, it's a product that doesn't work for everybody. And that's okay!

kittygrl1260718807699 PostsRegistered 12/10/2007
are you shampooing 2 times in the shower? i had the same problem until i did it 2 times in the shower. i didnt like wen at first, but now i swear by it. i use the fig because my hair is thick. even my color looks better after 6 weeks.

StLExplorer1260721901631 PostsRegistered 1/1/2006St. Louis
> Peacemanor, there are many discussions of this
> already on the boards. Myself and many, many others
> had the same results as you did with Wen. We rinsed
> and rinsed and rinsed some more.We watched the
> videos; some people actually called their customer
> service. The fact is that everything doesn't work for
> everybody. My hair looked greasy and flat within
> hours of using Wen. Nothing changed that until I went
> back to using a shampoo/conditioner. So, just know
> that you're not alone. Many of us had the same
> results as you and we were doing nothing "wrong."
> Like everything else in the universe, it's a product
> that doesn't work for everybody. And that's okay!
Peacemanor, this is very good advice to keep in mind.
WEN seems to be one of those products that incites a LOT of strong opinions here...the loves trying to convince the loves-nots that its great and vice-versa. "Strong opinions" is the nicest thing I can say about some of the exchanges about WEN I've read on this board!
Bottom line, it's a hair product. While it's been GREAT for me, and I'd encourage anyone who hasn't tried it to do so...it isn't for everyone!
If you've given it your best shot...and a fair appraisal...and it's not working, move on! It's not achieving world peace or curing cancer...it's a product for washing your hair!
--
Edited by StLExplorer at 12/13/2009 7:32 AM PST

Last edited on 12/13/2009

snowleopard12607223531089 PostsRegistered 4/12/2008
It's not
> achieving world peace or curing cancer...it's a
> product for washing your hair!
>
Beautifully stated, StLExplorer!! ;-)

Sapphirean­dice1260724936469 PostsRegistered 3/12/2009
I had the same problem. My hair would be clean every where, except at the one spot in the back of my head would be a greasy spot. I have no idea why since I would rinse, rinse, and rinse again. It was only that one section too. I would say 8 out of 10 cleansings this would happen. So a few weeks ago I found Philosophy's shear splendor oil at TJ Maxx. So I thought I would give it a try. I slept in it over night and used Wen to wash it out. My hair was not greasy any where, not even in the back where I was having the problem at. So from now on when I plan on cleansing my hair, I use the Shear Splendor about 20 minutes before and it rinses clean! I am so amazed that this trick works! I have no idea why either! lol

Page 1 of 1