Christmas in July(R) Sale
53 Members and 12433 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Argan oil - what did it do for your skin, good or bad?

Started 1306122428.307 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1306513688.43 by my 2 cents

Has anyone noticed a change in their skin (good or bad) by using argan oil?

Page 1 of 2
sparklestar1306123732.31956 PostsRegistered 7/14/2010

No change at all. When will I ever learn not to get sucked in by these products.

Alley-Smith1306125992.6873 PostsRegistered 5/22/2011

I used it on my elbows and feet. I did notice a difference on these places. Made my elbows soft and smooth. Haven't noticed any difference on my face. Glad I didn't buy the super size bottle!

Cresm8r19081306126046.4033511 PostsRegistered 9/20/2006Sitting Pretty, Perched and Posed

I have found that I cannot use Argan Oil (straight) on my face. But I have found that mixed with other oils for body and for hair I have had great results.

The oils that I use vary (depending on the seasonal/skin needs)- but the base (for body) with Argan is Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Cocoa Butter

The base I use (for hair) with Argan is Olive, Macadamia nut, Coconut and Amla.

This is a MESSAGE Board...NOT a MESSY Board.

So what if you have a hunch-back, honey. We all see it, know it's there...so just throw a little glitter on it and go on out dancing! (old bayou wisdom)

ValentinaB­on1306126886.736934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

I am not sure yet about it on my face. When I was using it, it seemed like I was getting a few very deep, cystic pimples however, I must say that it was at the same time I was just starting to use retin-a and was having some breakouts anway. So, I stopped the argan oil for now until I'm perfectly satisified with how my skin is doing as face as breakouts go and then will gradually add it back in and see what transpires.

I do love it on my hair though!

DUH....WENing! :)

Chelsea2121306130002.93334 PostsRegistered 5/18/2011

I was rather disappointed w/Argan oil. A couple of drop moisturized my face to a point, but nothing drmatic....other oils I have found have proven tpo be much more beneficial to my skin.

Fortune1306139863.1472348 PostsRegistered 8/5/2009

Love argan oil on my nails, cuticle, and hands!!! Also, really makes my elbows look ten years younger!!

ZaksGrrl1306143560.5971759 PostsRegistered 4/7/2011wherever the spirits lead

I am using an Argan/Rose hip oil mix and I like it very much on my arms and legs. I have dry, dry, dry skin and this is very moisturizing and softening.

It's not as oily as coconut oil too - it absorbs better.

I'm trying it on my hair tonight, thanks Valentina!

Live in the Sunshine
Swim in the Sea
Drink the Wild Air
~~Emerson

MamaRose1306147573.647193 PostsRegistered 5/21/2008East Tennessee

I use it to remove my eye makeup. It works great, not harsh! I also use it with other oils.

Mary

Orphananni­e11306149311.74726 PostsRegistered 6/13/2006

This oil made me break out!

MalteseMom­ma1306149658.4277481 PostsRegistered 8/15/2006Formally Corgimom

First let me say I'm 73.

I must admit I was a long time doubter.At first I thought I broke out from it and stayed away and truthfully I laughed at some of the posts praising it.Took me quite a while to try it again.I'm sooo glad I did!

I began slowly to try a little on my face.Well it is marvelous! I absolutely love it.I do not use anything else anymore .Once you use it reg ,you don't need anything else.IT REALLY WORKS!!

I must have thousands of $ worth of creams stored away,including Perricones best.I only wish I had know this sooner,I could have saved lots of money.....lol

My skin is clear and bright,no wrinkles and firm.I look great....and there is no more 15 min daily putting on serums and creams anymore,not to mention the money I save only needing to buy 1 product.I love the simplicity of it.I wash my face,use my toner and put on the argan oil,thats it!!! (I do use my Clarisonic nightly).

The best thing is,I do not need any makeup anymore, all I use is the perfect blush that comes with the argan oil.I lv that too.I also use it on my lips.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

BTW I wash my face with Cliniques 3 step product,but I don't use the third step moisturizer part of it anymore,no need for it.

You have to see me to believe it......lol...Give it a try,I bet you will love it too Smile

eta

NO MORE MILLA with Argan oil and that is a huge plus !

Last edited on 5/23/2011

Last edited on 5/23/2011

When you reach the end of your rope,you will find the hem of His garment

Sunshine K­ate1306150075.1212007 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky

I had a feeling argan oil was hype and I still believe that. I purchased it though and don't like it straight on my face. I do like it for my hair, nails, feet and elbows.

With one exception, I love Josie Maran's argan oil with SPF. This SPF works and this is one product I will buy again and again; great stuff.

Respectfully ~
Kate

Vamp1306150515.9611232 PostsRegistered 3/9/2007

I love using oils on my skin--have long preferred it to lotion, but my skin is on the dry side. As for the argan oil, I like it a lot but am not sure it is better than the jojoba oil or almond oil I get for much cheaper at the health food store.

winamac11306150787.39330251 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

It never sinks in on me. It just sits on my face.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

rjean1306151113.7331410 PostsRegistered 10/22/2007

it was a disaster for me....i am using the bottle on my elbows now.....it was awful on my OILY FACE....yuck.....

CSH1306151466.632334 PostsRegistered 12/5/2009NW PA

Did not agree with my face but I put it on a small incision on my shoulder from a removal at the derm and the healing was wonderful!

Play is children's work!

MalteseMom­ma1306152107.4437481 PostsRegistered 8/15/2006Formally Corgimom
On 5/23/2011 CSH said:

Did not agree with my face but I put it on a small incision on my shoulder from a removal at the derm and the healing was wonderful!

That is true it does heal things very fast.

When you reach the end of your rope,you will find the hem of His garment

nodecaf1306152228.5032474 PostsRegistered 4/15/2007Pinelands
On 5/23/2011 Fortune said:

Love argan oil on my nails, cuticle, and hands!!! Also, really makes my elbows look ten years younger!!

2nd that!

I've also been mixing it (a drop or so) with my liquid foundations. :-)

It makes it go on so easily + feels very hydrating.

I wasn't floored by it as a facial moisturizer though.

I will repurchase a bottle. ;-)

“The first wealth is health.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

gonnab1306157392.1032890 PostsRegistered 8/10/2007Conn.

I'm a convert to argan oil. First of all, I'm 75, with sensitive milia-prone skin. I've used just about every product on the market - some good, some not so much. I agree with CorgiMom. I use it every night as my moisturizer - it absorbs nicely and in the morning, my skin is soft, smooth, greatly diminished pores and no milia. I have few lines and wrinkles and even those are less pronounced. I use Dr D's spf30 daycream as a foundation with a little blush, some lipstick and I'm all set for the day. I also use it in my hair. After I have used it on my face, I rub a drop or two through my hair (at night) and it is moisturizing and not greasy or oily. I have natural grey hair that tends to be dry but now it is shinier and more hydrated. And of course, I rub the residue through my hands and nails. Come winter when things get really dry, I will use it even more. I get mine through STO and it's a bargain at $24!

age 78, sensitive/combo skin, few fine lines, lack of firmness especially to cheeks, short natural (never colored) grey hair, brown eyes

IN2BE1306158134.81799 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007

Zero, zip, nada! No benefit and I don't like the feel of it on my face.

Coke Zero ­Addict1306163314.7131360 PostsRegistered 8/10/2010

I am loving Argan Oil. I use it on my face, neck and chest. The texture of my skin is much smoother, it absorbs wonderfully and no oily face at the end of the day. I do not have breakout problems but do have sensitive skin but never experienced any issues. I did not buy Argan Oil expecting miracles, I got it to simlify my skin care and to spend less money to have a product that would effectively moisturize my face, and that is exactly what I got. I will say that my wonder product is Green Coffee and Argan Oil eye serum, this product did more than I could have ever wished for, my dark circles are almost gone so no more concealer for me.

“We've placed a lot of emphasis in this country on the idea of people's rights. That's how it should be, but it makes no sense to talk about rights without also talking about responsibilities.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Emy1306163947.7134064 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Silver Spring, Maryland

Love Josie's Argan Oil. My face hasn't looked this good in years. I also agree with comments re: in your hair. I've used this product on deep scratches on my arms. (I was cleaning out prickly Holly leaves.) My deep scratches were much improved over-night.

I'm also using Josie's Cleansing Oil, which I highly recommend.

There is a learning curve with the oil. I used too much, at first, and now only use a few drops to moisturize my face.

I do use some of the Philosophy MW products and a clarisonic.

Emy

luvmyteddy1306164143.2178191 PostsRegistered 9/4/2010Land of Oz

I didn't care for it at all on my face, too oily even when mixed with cream and I have dry skin. I prefer the Bio Oil I got at Wallgreens for a lot less. The JM blush stick I liked even less. Bad taste on the lips.

ValentinaB­on1306167647.266934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011
On 5/23/2011 ZaksGrrl said:

I am using an Argan/Rose hip oil mix and I like it very much on my arms and legs. I have dry, dry, dry skin and this is very moisturizing and softening.

It's not as oily as coconut oil too - it absorbs better.

I'm trying it on my hair tonight, thanks Valentina!

ZaksGrrl, I am going to get some of that Argan/Rose hip oil soon. I was just going to make my own with my existing Argan oil but I see that it has more than the rose and argan oil in it so it intrigues me more than just argan oil.

I like to use just a real small amount of the argan oil on my DRY hair to smooth any dryness/frizziness. I've never tried it on still damp hair so I don't know how that would turn out but I do know a lot of people like to put it on damp hair and then blow dry their hair and it makes their hair really smooth and shiny. I don't ever use a blow dryer or any heat on my hair so I can't vouch for that. Let me know if you like it or not. :)

DUH....WENing! :)

cerinthe1306172507.9032591 PostsRegistered 7/12/2005

I *like* the argan/rose hips.

(For anyone who followed the saga, I got both this one and the Marula/Roobios oil. Shortly after mixing them and using on the face, my cheeks which never break out, had whiteheads. I'm suspicious its the marula/roobios combo since I have used the argan/rose hips with no problems on its own so far, but I need more time to test the products...)

So far, I recommend it thumbs up. I use only 2-3 drops on my face. I warm the oil between my fingertips, and then press and pat and tap it into my facial skin. I think the pressing helps distribute the oil best, without 'overoiling'. I also use it on my chest and neck. Since its more pricey, I'm using other oils elsewhere, and exclusively date nut oil on the hands and arms, and I have to say, the date nut oil is doing a GREAT job on my nails. Not one break or chip since I started using it.

Stargazer771306289506.7136198 PostsRegistered 10/24/2006

Thanks for the posts! I think I'll skip the oil on my face with the weather finally starting to warm up.

Page 1 of 2