Just-Reduced Clearance
24 Members and 8551 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

More photos of Jane Fonda looking awesome...

Started 1305638002.45 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1305665612.753 by rambocat

Poor Ivana though. All the Spanx in the world won't help this woman in denial. Doesn't she have a three way mirror? Get thee to the gym or a PS. I'm surprised at the negative comments regarding Jane though. There seems to be so much hostility to her having all this work done, and how dare her try to fool mother nature. Maybe it's women's jealousy, but it's surprising and upsetting. A woman just can't win. They get criticized either way!

More Jane

Page 1 of 1
smhr661305641037.5172384 PostsRegistered 9/5/2010Laid Back and Mellow Small Town USA

I'm not jealous of Jane Fonda. With that being said, she isn't a measuring stick to how most women age naturally in their 70's. Sure, she has nice and taunt skin. Sure, she has a nice figure and lovely styled hair. I would love to age that way, but there is a 50-50 chance of that happening. In regard to Ivana Trump, or whatever her last name is, she has let herself go. I can see Ivana as an emotional eater.

mature, dry, sensitive, makeup optional skin. keep it healthy with NIA24, MD Forte, physical sunscreen and Fancl cleanser.

Lynneuk1305641608.8038210 PostsRegistered 11/3/2006
On 5/17/2011 Blondelle said:

Poor Ivana though. All the Spanx in the world won't help this woman in denial. Doesn't she have a three way mirror? Get thee to the gym or a PS. I'm surprised at the negative comments regarding Jane though. There seems to be so much hostility to her having all this work done, and how dare her try to fool mother nature. Maybe it's women's jealousy, but it's surprising and upsetting. A woman just can't win. They get criticized either way!

More Jane

Wow, you are the one judging and being nasty! "A woman just can't win?" Not with people like you writing junk like this. Why can't women just age gracefully and not have to have plastic surgery to pass muster with people like you.

Get over it and grow up and find something important to worry about . You are extremely shallow.

Blondelle1305644281.8034238 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007
Wow, you are the one judging and being nasty! "A woman just can't win?" Not with people like you writing junk like this. Why can't women just age gracefully and not have to have plastic surgery to pass muster with people like you.

Get over it and grow up and find something important to worry about . You are extremely shallow.

In your haste to condemn, you missed the whole point. There's nothing wrong with Ivana but her choice of dress. Her in that dress is NOT what I would call aging gracefully...LOL! You don't put your less than graceful parts and faults on display for all the world to see. She doesn't NEED plastic surgery or the gym IF she doesn't go out trying to look like a young hottie and literally stuffing herself into, and bulging out of a dress that many 20 year olds couldn't wear!

Reiss19801305644589.088218 PostsRegistered 4/15/2011Central NJ /Freehold// Long island NY

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Jane Fonda is 65 not 70... I know this because we share the same b-day December 21.. I am quite a bit younger then her... just saying! [I read this in an article some time ago}{#emotions_dlg.glare}

A wagging tail .... and licks a plenty.. Not to mention a buddy for life! Adopt a dog or cat ..SAVE A LIFE!

mom11305644693.30762 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 5/17/2011 PenderBrigade said:

Neither am I jealous of Jane Fonda nor against women. I would suspect the negative comments have more to do with the reason I am not fond of Fonda, excuse the pun. My brother served in the US Army in the Vietnam War. Veterans and their families do not take lightly that she posed for photographs with the North Vietnamese in 1972. Some things you just never live down.

Exactly my thoughts, don't care what surgery she has or hasn't my husband also served in Vietnam and I won't forget those pictures.

mom1

Blondelle1305645173.694238 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007
On 5/17/2011 mom1 said:

Neither am I jealous of Jane Fonda nor against women. I would suspect the negative comments have more to do with the reason I am not fond of Fonda, excuse the pun. My brother served in the US Army in the Vietnam War. Veterans and their families do not take lightly that she posed for photographs with the North Vietnamese in 1972. Some things you just never live down.

Exactly my thoughts, don't care what surgery she has or hasn't my husband also served in Vietnam and I won't forget those pictures.

mom1

She sincerely apologized for those photos. I quoted her in an earlier post regarding her apology. You can't condemn someone their whole life for some foolish thing they did in their youth. We all make mistakes and do things and say things that we are very sorry for latter on, especially when we are young.

Last edited on 5/17/2011

Last edited on 5/17/2011

prairie gi­rl1305645386.957360 PostsRegistered 11/9/2006

Never liked her for her stance on the Viet Nam war or this country. She should have left the USA a long time ago.

Doesn't matter what brings a person, only what they leave with.

reese21305645747.6775960 PostsRegistered 8/11/2006North of South..we've moved
On 5/17/2011 goldengirl56 said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Jane Fonda is 65 not 70... I know this because we share the same b-day December 21.. I am quite a bit younger then her... just saying! [I read this in an article some time ago}{#emotions_dlg.glare}

She was born in 1937, which makes her 73.

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.

Formerly Luvs2Shop

smhr661305645827.552384 PostsRegistered 9/5/2010Laid Back and Mellow Small Town USA

Jane Fonda's birthdate...Dec. 21, 1937.

mature, dry, sensitive, makeup optional skin. keep it healthy with NIA24, MD Forte, physical sunscreen and Fancl cleanser.

lyn in MI1305645866.5124394 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

According to the info posted on Wikipedia, IMDB, answers.com and her Bio posted @ TV Guide, she was born December 21, 1937. That makes her 73.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

di-mc1305646008.3077404 PostsRegistered 12/4/2006the real world

Thanks for pointing out Ms. Fonda's real age.

As for photos, we all know they can be re-touched, right? I don't care if they were taken of her walking the dog, they can still be re-touched.

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

NChgOfMyAt­titude1305646133.3535115 PostsRegistered 10/18/2006Connecticut
On 5/17/2011 mom1 said:

mom1

My husband was in the Air Force during Vietnam. I won't forget those pictures either. She's a traitor in my opinion and always will be, no matter how good or bad she looks. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it ~
Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time ~

PenderBrig­ade1305659338.443127 PostsRegistered 7/2/2009North Carolina
On 5/17/2011 mom1 said:

mom1

She sincerely apologized for those photos. I quoted her in an earlier post regarding her apology. You can't condemn someone their whole life for some foolish thing they did in their youth. We all make mistakes and do things and say things that we are very sorry for latter on, especially when we are young.

Last edited on 5/17/2011

I did not say she did not apologize but an apology does not change the fact she stood, smiling at that, with an enemy of the United States during a war. It is a shame that some of those who gave their last full measure of devotion in Vietnam did not hear her apology.

Lynneuk1305659377.8538210 PostsRegistered 11/3/2006

In your haste to condemn, you missed the whole point. There's nothing wrong with Ivana but her choice of dress. Her in that dress is NOT what I would call aging gracefully...LOL! You don't put your less than graceful parts and faults on display for all the world to see. She doesn't NEED plastic surgery or the gym IF she doesn't go out trying to look like a young hottie and literally stuffing herself into, and bulging out of a dress that many 20 year olds couldn't wear!

Oh that's right! I'm the one condemning. "Get thee to a plastic surgeon" is encouraging people to age gracefully and feel good about themselves.Please!

PenderBrig­ade1305659628.05127 PostsRegistered 7/2/2009North Carolina
On 5/17/2011 prairie girl said:

Never liked her for her stance on the Viet Nam war or this country. She should have left the USA a long time ago.

Exactly, she should never have been allowed back in the country after making her infamous stand against the war.

metrogal1305660673.4673677 PostsRegistered 10/28/2004
On 5/17/2011 Luvs2Shop said:

She was born in 1937, which makes her 73.

YES........you are absolutely right Luvs.......she said as much recently on Oprah.

chrystaltr­ee1305662899.88712218 PostsRegistered 5/10/2010

Jane Fonda does indeed look amazing. However, she has had a lot of work done over the years. She doesn't hide that fact. She looks good because she doesn't go overboard, she isn't trying to look 35, she just does whatever she has to do to look great. I applaud that. I started a savings account myself because when the time comes to get something "done", I don't want cost to be a factor. Jane also eats healthy and get exersize. I think Ivana COULD look better, she doesn't have much taste when it comes to hair/fashion/makeup and she obviously tries to look younger......which is the road to disaster. I've seen pictures of Christie Brinkley and at 57, she looks amazing too. Natural, fresh, age-less. As for some people not liking Jane. People who are stuck in the past and have the forgiveness gene can't get over the mistakes she made 40 years ago. She's apologized many times over but they won't let it go. Strange but true.

chrystaltr­ee1305663014.08712218 PostsRegistered 5/10/2010
On 5/17/2011 smhr66 said:

Jane Fonda's birthdate...Dec. 21, 1937.

....quick, go tell Jane because she thinks she's 73.

PenderBrig­ade1305664268.333127 PostsRegistered 7/2/2009North Carolina
On 5/17/2011 chrystaltree said:

Jane Fonda does indeed look amazing. However, she has had a lot of work done over the years. She doesn't hide that fact. She looks good because she doesn't go overboard, she isn't trying to look 35, she just does whatever she has to do to look great. I applaud that. I started a savings account myself because when the time comes to get something "done", I don't want cost to be a factor. Jane also eats healthy and get exersize. I think Ivana COULD look better, she doesn't have much taste when it comes to hair/fashion/makeup and she obviously tries to look younger......which is the road to disaster. I've seen pictures of Christie Brinkley and at 57, she looks amazing too. Natural, fresh, age-less. As for some people not liking Jane. People who are stuck in the past and have the forgiveness gene can't get over the mistakes she made 40 years ago. She's apologized many times over but they won't let it go. Strange but true.

The OP was insinuating that perhaps women are jealous of Jane Fonda or that we were against women. No, I am not stuck in the past because I do not adore Jane Fonda. I am not a star-struck person. My heroes are people like my brother, my Dad, my grandfather, great-grandfather and even my great-great grandfather who were willing to lay down their life for people like Jane to freely speak her opinion. I do not find that strange at all.

Last edited on 5/19/2011

Last edited on 5/19/2011

Last edited on 5/19/2011

rambocat1305665612.7473976 PostsRegistered 1/16/2008

Last edited on 5/17/2011

Tell that to the 58,195 names on the Wall. She'll always be Hanoi Jane to me.

what a long strange trip it's been

Page 1 of 1