Occasional Contributor

Shaving my face for a year now...

I had tons of peach fuzz on my cheeks and finally got up the nerve to shave it about a year ago. The first couple of times I shaved dry, a month apart and my face was extremely irritated. I decided that using shaving cream would prevent me from going over areas more than once which I think caused the irritation. It worked - NO irritation. Just smooth skin. Over those next 8 months or so, some really stubborn blackheads that I had on my cheeks and chin gradually "lifted" and went away.

My cheeks and chin really look so much better - clearer, smoother and my pores seemed less visible. I decided that since I was having such great results from these areas, I might as well shave my entire face since I had some clogged pores/blackheads on my nose and forehead that no matter what I had tried, never seemed to go away.

So, yes, I applied shaving cream everywhere, including my forehead and nose (LOL!) and very gently and slowly go over these areas. In the past month or so, my nose has fewer blackheads and my forehead seems smoother. In case you were wondering, I've upped the frequency to once a week - not b/c of hair issues, but because of how its improved the overall texture of my skin. So it's been a bonus "side effect".

I have to shave my legs every day in the summer and it takes a while and I ALWAYS nick myself. Shaving my face takes literally 2 minutes (going slowly) once a week and I've never nicked my face (thank goodness!). My peach fuzz has not grown back any thicker or darker, nor have I had any more facial hair growth since shaving. I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone of you ladies is considering shaving her face.