New Holiday Decor
111 Members and 11632 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Love PTR's new all physical SPF 30 tinted moisturizer!!!

Started 1303253527.46 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1303531977.417 by calichick

Finally, I can stop the search for a make up, all physical sunscreen (chemical free 12.2% zinc oxide only), and moisturizer. YAY!!! I found all 3 in Peter Thomas Roth's new tinted moisturizer. My skin wasn't liking anything I put on it, as far as make up or sunscreen goes and forget moisturizer (my oily acne prone skin just wasn't happy with anything). This is like a medium coverage make up with all physical sunscreen and treatment properties all in one. It looks so good on and my skin LOVES it!!! Lasts all day and I feel protected and moisturized. Best part is, it doesn't break me out. YAY!!! This may not be moisturizing enough for dry skin though, but for my oily skin, it's great!!! At first I wasn't sure cause it goes on kinda thick like not alot of slip so didn't spread real easy but once it warms up on my fingers it spreads better. I've worn it now for 2 weeks and love it so thought I'd share..

Page 1 of 1
NeetaLyn1303265540.6572700 PostsRegistered 7/27/2008Maryland

Is this the new PTR Unwrinkle Makeup Less Tinted Moisturizer - the one that self adjust to your skin tone? Cerinthe posted about this in another topic and I am very tempted to try it?

50yo; combo. sensitive skin;minimal wrinkles but prone to some redness

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research - KNOW IT, FIGHT IT, END IT!

baby burns1303267400.1938793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

i guess we will have to go on his web site, and see if this is the new one. sometimes i do not like using zinc oxcide, i do not know why, its just in my head i guess, thats about all that is in my head this week, been rough so far.

OCGurl1303268131.897532 PostsRegistered 8/2/2007Palm Desert, CA

That sounds like a good one!

Vickaroo1303354781.38537 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Sorry girls, I was gone for a few days. Yes, that's the one and the color matches my medium/light skin perfectly. I also love that it has his "unwrinkle" stuff in it, so I feel like I'm getting good treatment properties too!!! It's not like any tinted moisturizer I've ever tried. I went back to Sephora to get a back up with my coupon!

Last edited on 4/20/2011

Last edited on 4/20/2011

philogirl1303355421.2331355 PostsRegistered 6/9/2010

Aww. Sounds great, but I just purchased the new Philosophy SPF.

NeetaLyn1303355611.3172700 PostsRegistered 7/27/2008Maryland
On 4/20/2011 Vickaroo said:

Sorry girls, I was gone for a few days. Yes, that's the one and the color matches my medium/light skin perfectly. I also love that it has his "unwrinkle" stuff in it, so I feel like I'm getting good treatment properties too!!! It's not like any tinted moisturizer I've ever tried. I went back to Sephora to get a back up with my coupon!

Last edited on 4/20/2011

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this one with my Sephora coupon as well. Thanks.

Vickaroo1303355773.447537 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

I think you girls will love it. I tried so many and can't get over how good this looks. Let me know what ya think. I had tried so many sunscreens/tinted moisturizers: Devita 30 SPF sunscreen, Elta MD SPF 41, Perricone tinted moisturizer, laura mercier tm, Josie Maran tm, Clarins tm, and this was by far the best on my tempermental skin, looks like a flawless makeup and I love the all physical sunscreen in it (I won't wear the chemical ones), My skin is finally happy and my search is over!

Last edited on 4/20/2011

Last edited on 4/20/2011

cerinthe1303408050.9172608 PostsRegistered 7/12/2005

Thanks for the review! I am always on the lookout for "The ultimate face sunscreen'!! Looking forward to see what the companies will put out this summer!

Lowry831303408891.4673395 PostsRegistered 8/15/2008

I haven't tried this new Peter Thomas Roth item, but tinted moisturizers with physical SPF are just the type of product I like to wear. Of course, I also have my new tinted Isomers product from their Today's Top Value, but I may have to work the PTR into my rotation. Maybe it will be in stock at my local Sephora so I can see it in person before making a decision. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

rebel1303435503.0275458 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

wow, this sounds like a good one!

45, Fair, dry, sensitive skin, DSPW, yellow and neutral undertones, Cannot use "cones" high in ingred. deck, natural blonde wavy hair, blue eyes

yogagirl7771303493752.12481 PostsRegistered 1/1/2011

Sorry have to add my two cents in here. I love PTR products, use all his skincare. I tried this TM and was very disappointed. Had to send it back. I have a review posted here on Q and several others are similar to mine so you might want to check them out.

IF you have fair skin like I do with cool undertones, you might want to try it out first at Sephora. I wish I had tried it first in the store. It was too dark for me (not a universal color as they say in description) and then it turned orange-y on me. Just for comparison, I wear Nude in Laura Mercier Oil Free TM. PTR looked almost like a fake tan on me, really weird color. I tried it many times and it looked bad and was too greasy also, settled into fine lines (I'm 48 yo). Super disappointed.

Really hope this works for the rest of you, but since it is a very small tube for the price, just thought I'd mention my experience. Have a great weekend everyone! yogagirl

cerinthe1303503194.3472608 PostsRegistered 7/12/2005
On 4/20/2011 Vickaroo said:

I think you girls will love it. I tried so many and can't get over how good this looks. Let me know what ya think. I had tried so many sunscreens/tinted moisturizers: Devita 30 SPF sunscreen, Elta MD SPF 41, Perricone tinted moisturizer, laura mercier tm, Josie Maran tm, Clarins tm, and this was by far the best on my tempermental skin, looks like a flawless makeup and I love the all physical sunscreen in it (I won't wear the chemical ones), My skin is finally happy and my search is over!

Last edited on 4/20/2011

Your review put me over, I got some and will review it as soon as I get a chance. I hate spending this much for a sunscreen, but if its by PTR, I'll try it.

Yogagirl- I haven't tried ANY of the self adjusting toned products that are coming out (like Josie Marans,) so I figured I'll knock off two with one swoop. I have yellow toned skin and these do seem to work better on us (than the fair/pink undertoned skins.) Fingers are crossed, and I hope I don't get orange!

Last edited on 4/22/2011

Last edited on 4/22/2011

NeetaLyn1303503344.8772700 PostsRegistered 7/27/2008Maryland
On 4/22/2011 yogagirl777 said:

Sorry have to add my two cents in here. I love PTR products, use all his skincare. I tried this TM and was very disappointed. Had to send it back. I have a review posted here on Q and several others are similar to mine so you might want to check them out.

IF you have fair skin like I do with cool undertones, you might want to try it out first at Sephora. I wish I had tried it first in the store. It was too dark for me (not a universal color as they say in description) and then it turned orange-y on me. Just for comparison, I wear Nude in Laura Mercier Oil Free TM. PTR looked almost like a fake tan on me, really weird color. I tried it many times and it looked bad and was too greasy also, settled into fine lines (I'm 48 yo). Super disappointed.

Really hope this works for the rest of you, but since it is a very small tube for the price, just thought I'd mention my experience. Have a great weekend everyone! yogagirl

Thanks for the review. I was going to get this at Sephora with 15% discount but realized that some other sites have it for 20% - so I will get a sample at Sephora to try first....

Vickaroo1303530547.177537 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

yogagirl, Sorry it didn't work for you, the endless search can be so frustrating. I have light/medium oily 49 year old skin which is probably why it worked for me so well. I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin and the $48 for 1 oz. was ok for me since it works as my moisturizer, sunscreen, and make up. Actually, I used my coupon so I consider it a bargain for all three!

calichick1303531977.4171270 PostsRegistered 11/20/2009

Glad you like it, OP. I tried a sample from Sephora and it did nothing to match my skin. In fact, I looked worse! (My skin tone favors Gabrielle, the QVC host, or Staci, the model.)

Page 1 of 1