Share the Love
135 Members and 11381 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

I shave my legs and still have stubble

Started 1302126933.22 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1302131772.543 by fallgrl

I shaved my legs this morning with a gilette venus breeze, I put a new blade in and I stil feel stubble.

This has been happening for a while, I hate the feel and so does my sig.

Any ideas what to do

TIA

ellen

Always be Happy, always wear a smile .. Not because life is full of reasons to smile, but because your smile itself is a reason for many others to smile :)

Page 1 of 1
Sea Turtle1302127135.578729 PostsRegistered 3/29/2009

Why don't you try waxing?

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-RW Emerson

Usedtobeox­ox1302128306.3972814 PostsRegistered 5/14/2006Third Planet from the Sun
On 4/6/2011 Sea Turtle said:

Why don't you try waxing?

I tried and still get that same stubbly feeling

Always be Happy, always wear a smile .. Not because life is full of reasons to smile, but because your smile itself is a reason for many others to smile :)

kittykatkay1302128411.68323127 PostsRegistered 2/24/2011

Oh gosh, I waited all day to hear something like this. GEEZZZZZZZZ.

I love to laugh and dance......

happy2behe­re1302128798.0271484 PostsRegistered 2/8/2005NW Burbs, IL

I shave 2 hairs on my legs every 6 months.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

tiamaria1302128813.1132538 PostsRegistered 7/25/2006

Try a different razor.

~Tiger Lil­y~1302129134.2433574 PostsRegistered 12/26/2007*FrOm OuTeR SpAcE*

I use that vibrating mens razor by Gillette I think, my sister got me started on it because I knick myself so bad trying to get a close shave. This works wonders and now I shave every other day

~~Bullet with Butterfly Wings~~

*And someone will say what is lost can never be saved*
*And I still believe that I cannot be saved*


Usedtobeox­ox1302129136.032814 PostsRegistered 5/14/2006Third Planet from the Sun
On 4/6/2011 kittykatkay said:

Oh gosh, I waited all day to hear something like this. GEEZZZZZZZZ.

Excuse me was the snarky comment needed. This is a Beauty Board

Always be Happy, always wear a smile .. Not because life is full of reasons to smile, but because your smile itself is a reason for many others to smile :)

foxywoods1302129266.387913 PostsRegistered 8/6/2007

I use the Venus Spa (Gillette) razor blades too and am finding the same issue! Just noticed this as I changed the blade this week!

like the lotion strips but sometimes wonder if these companies market inferior products to women.

my DH uses a Mach 3 blade (also Gilette) and shaves every other day, and his blades last six months.

Has anyone tried men's razor blades?

azterry1302129610.9876341 PostsRegistered 3/31/2008valley of the sun, AZ

foxywoods,

I use the men's Fusion. the blades last an extraordinarily long time compared to women's blades and the shave is really close. The blades do have a lotion strip too. I don't think I will ever buy another women's razor again. They may make them pretty, but the men's version performs so much better!

When I get tired of shopping, I sit down and try on shoes~








PurplePink1302129623.6531129 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010

I had a similar problem and I realized that women's razors do not shave as close as men's ones do. Since the razors for guys are made to give you the closest and smoothest shave (after all, they are used on guys' faces) I think they are more efficient to use than the ones for females that have less blades and their only plus is that they have some sort of "conditioning" strip that doesn't really condition, and come in nice colors.

I use Gillette Fusion - the battery operated one and it gives me the closest shave possible. Since it is battery operates and has 5 blades it glides very easily I do not have to put pressure on it (that is how I would get cuts) and the shave is the smoothest ever. I highly recommend it!

Last edited on 4/6/2011

Last edited on 4/6/2011

PurplePink1302129689.471129 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010
On 4/6/2011 azterry said:

foxywoods,

I use the men's Fusion. the blades last an extraordinarily long time compared to women's blades and the shave is really close. The blades do have a lotion strip too. I don't think I will ever buy another women's razor again. They may make them pretty, but the men's version performs so much better!

ITA! I didn't see your post...

Pomeranian­Fluff1302129743.657937 PostsRegistered 1/4/2008Vegas...

I've been using the Schick Quattro (it's hot pink and silver) for years and years, and I don't get stubble. Try that one. Also try exfoliating your legs before shaving. Philosophy's Microdelivery scrub is ideal for that. Hope that helps!

azterry1302130478.076341 PostsRegistered 3/31/2008valley of the sun, AZ
On 4/6/2011 PurplePink said:
On 4/6/2011 azterry said:

foxywoods,

I use the men's Fusion. the blades last an extraordinarily long time compared to women's blades and the shave is really close. The blades do have a lotion strip too. I don't think I will ever buy another women's razor again. They may make them pretty, but the men's version performs so much better!

ITA! I didn't see your post...

fine minds think alike!

I don't have the battery operated one, but don't you just love the Fusion!

When I get tired of shopping, I sit down and try on shoes~








PurplePink1302130919.611129 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010
On 4/6/2011 azterry said:
On 4/6/2011 PurplePink said:
On 4/6/2011 azterry said:

foxywoods,

I use the men's Fusion. the blades last an extraordinarily long time compared to women's blades and the shave is really close. The blades do have a lotion strip too. I don't think I will ever buy another women's razor again. They may make them pretty, but the men's version performs so much better!

ITA! I didn't see your post...

fine minds think alike!

I don't have the battery operated one, but don't you just love the Fusion!

Definitely! The battery one is great, one time the battery died and it felt so weird to shave with it not vibrating. Maybe you can try the battery one and see if you like it better than regular ones:)

Last edited on 4/6/2011

Last edited on 4/6/2011

fallgrl1302131772.54200 PostsRegistered 2/26/2011

WinkThe art of shaving goes as follows:Make sure there is plenty of steam,it will open the pores and soften the skin for better removal of hair. Men's disposable razors are just as good if not better then the so called women's. I use hair conditioner with a squirt of body oil I keep it in the shower. I love love love neutrogena sesame oil it has the most beautiful light sent to it, very summery.perfect for the shower so that's were I keep it.You can find the oil at most targets,Costco etc.Keep your legs moisturized at night before bed with or without a shower,and don't bother shaving with out steam,Your hair follicles are to tight without it

1. steam

2. A Quick exfoliate

3. Your hair conditioner with a squirt of oil mixed in

Slow med stokes helps. Clean out your razor and instead of leaving on the tile till next time keep it in a pretty little jar of oil next time you use the razor it will be ready with no rust.

And make sure that the stubble you are feeling can sometimes be raised shaving bumps,and not always hair.

Page 1 of 1