Better Than Black Friday
104 Members and 11987 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

OMG! I feel so embarrassed for Lisa!!

Started 1301794529.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1302018587.453 by stevieb

Have QVC on at the moment and Lisa is on hosting with Chaz Dean. I cannot believe she has the most orange elbows I have EVER seen (her left arm specifically)!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.lol} When she lifts her arms all you see is the underside of her arms are pasty white and her elbows are discolored horribly! (shouldn't you be tanning your whole arm, LOL??)

Lisa really seems to bathe in faux tan - I love faux tanning too but the application process is the key to get it looking good. After all the years LR has been "tanning", you'd think by now she'd have it down to a science. I suppose if she thinks she looks good, well then that's all that matters, LOL. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I just find it hard to believe none of her friends point this out to her. Whenever I see Lisa her tan is a hot mess! Friends don't let friends look splotchy (especially on national tv)! For someone who is so into their looks as LR is, doesn't she look into the mirror when applying? We all know she certainly knows how to check herself out in the monitors every 5 seconds. Wink

---Italia! Kiss

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
benzgirl1301795600.285810 PostsRegistered 12/23/2006Tennessee by way of the great state of NY

Are you sure? I have a 6 month old TV and on mine she looks wonderful. I can see that she is much darker than usual this evening, but I think she looks fabulous.

Maybe she just recently (like today) faux tanned with BE and came into the studio and put some of Laura's Tahitian Glow on. Anyway, on my TV she looks stunning.

Last edited on 4/2/2011

Last edited on 4/2/2011

"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God". ~ Bob Pierce ~ Founder of World Vision

Pray for the USA, Pray for Israel

Silverandg­old1301795769.0771340 PostsRegistered 2/9/2008NJ

I'm just surprised she hasn't developed a better technique so that it looks more even since she is such a faux tan person. The key is the application, but hers always looks like she did it in a hurry.

sparklestar1301796560.1171956 PostsRegistered 7/14/2010

Since you brought it up, I noticed it too last night. Thought OMG, how tacky. You'd think she'd at least be able to see it in the monitor.

roses4me1301796788.131162 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007

I saw that last night! I couldn't believe she would leave such an obvious circle of tanner. I thought maybe it was a bruise or something...guess not.

Smile

nicky2211301796919.18677 PostsRegistered 4/16/2010Oregon

Do you think it is your tv? I don't see the orange but I do see the self tanner. I also wonder if it is the lights in the studio. Sometimes when I watched I also thought Lisa, KS and others needed to forgo a few self tan touch ups. But then I saw Lisa on live shoots outside in Italy and recently in L.A. and outside she looked great in the real light. So again maybe it is the lights, TV or HDTV. I know when putting on makeup and using my bifocals is really scary to see yourself that intensified and I am thankful no one can see like that and that I am not on tv being magnified. I can't imagine having to read all the bad comments on how bad I was looking. I don't think I would leave my house, so I give all of them a big thumbs up for putting themselves out there like that. I know they get paid well, but you have to have a very thick skin to do their job.

**When I was a child I liked to have Tea Party's with my imaginary friends. Now that I am grown up, I drink coffee and know what is real and what is fake***

Coke Zero ­Addict1301797204.8731360 PostsRegistered 8/10/2010

She looks great. I wonder if it some type of shadowing with the studio lighting, or she might have injured her elbow and it is bruised or scabbed. I can't imagine that she did not notice this. That pink outfit is beautiful.

“We've placed a lot of emphasis in this country on the idea of people's rights. That's how it should be, but it makes no sense to talk about rights without also talking about responsibilities.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

~Tiger Lil­y~1301797444.473574 PostsRegistered 12/26/2007*FrOm OuTeR SpAcE*

That lighting is so harsh it casts shadows where you don't want them. Lisa is a class act, I love her as a host.

~~Bullet with Butterfly Wings~~

*And someone will say what is lost can never be saved*
*And I still believe that I cannot be saved*

mojofilter1301797551.52151 PostsRegistered 3/15/2009

Heh, I thought this thread was going to be about the dopey-eyed way the CellCeuticals guy was gazing at Lisa throughout the entire presentation. I think he has a crush!

benzgirl1301797698.865810 PostsRegistered 12/23/2006Tennessee by way of the great state of NY
On 4/2/2011 mojofilter said:

Heh, I thought this thread was going to be about the dopey-eyed way the CellCeuticals guy was gazing at Lisa throughout the entire presentation. I think he has a crush!

LOL. I looked up in the last 45 seconds and thought the same thing.

"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God". ~ Bob Pierce ~ Founder of World Vision

Pray for the USA, Pray for Israel

croemer1301797726.8676292 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009

I happen to think Lisa is gawgeous!

"That what you gaze upon...you become"

SINY1301797896.333191 PostsRegistered 3/28/2009

I noticed it too but it did not look like it was exactly on the elbow it was directly below it on my tv, so I assumed it was a bruise.

mojofilter1301798132.282151 PostsRegistered 3/15/2009
On 4/2/2011 benzgirl said:

LOL. I looked up in the last 45 seconds and thought the same thing.

I knew I wasn't imagining it! Lisa and the CellCeuticals guy, sitting in a tree...

Kiss {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

KKJ1301798179.981265 PostsRegistered 9/25/2005

Lisa is so lovely and I wish she would lighten up on the faux tan. It is way too dark and some shows you can see the muddy look on her knuckles. I think she would look much prettier with her own natural coloring. Patti was the same way. On some shows she would look so orange.

MISERABLE661301800145.5374854 PostsRegistered 12/7/2010Noo Yawk

HAHAHAHAHAHA

"Being miserable and treating people like dirt, is every New Yorkers god given right." - The mayor from Ghostbusters 2

monamar1301800705.7138 PostsRegistered 3/12/2010

I agree. She is a lovely young woman but when she does close ups showing rings or bracelets, you can see the faux tan imbedded in the creases of her fingers etc. Better to use the ring display!

MelOregon1301801616.547183 PostsRegistered 10/17/2009

Yes! Looks like she just tanned the top of here forearms, might be a bruise on her left elbow. Especially with her standing next to the very fair Dr. D, she looks so orange. She is quite pretty, but all the faux tan, lip liner, heavy eye makeup, extensions, etc. are a bit much. Would think she'd look much better if it was all toned down a bit. Meow!

Last edited on 4/3/2011

baby burns1301801953.2038793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

maybe she would be better off with a spray tan, it would have to look better and more even. what did everyone buy today?

iTalia1301802820.4171223 PostsRegistered 8/17/2005
On 4/2/2011 baby burns said:

maybe she would be better off with a spray tan, it would have to look better and more even. what did everyone buy today?

baby burns, I've often wondered that myself. It's not like Lisa certainly can't afford it. {#emotions_dlg.lol} We should all pitch in and send her a gift card to get a spray tan. It may help with her "bruise" too, LOL.

Amazing, Amazing!!!!! Wink (Lisa's only adjective she knows!)

---Italia! Kiss

Last edited on 4/3/2011

Lovely21301803481.6732953 PostsRegistered 6/2/2007Texas
On 4/2/2011 KKJ said:

Lisa is so lovely and I wish she would lighten up on the faux tan. It is way too dark and some shows you can see the muddy look on her knuckles. I think she would look much prettier with her own natural coloring. Patti was the same way. On some shows she would look so orange.

I so agree with you. I think Lisa is a beautiful woman. Just wish she would stop the self tanning and IMO she would be even more pretty.

I don't believe in the concept of h*ll, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals.

Gary Larson

missy11301804368.12332589 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

She is pretty and loves to bathe in faux tan.

belleandme1301804528.9738644 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009southern illinois
On 4/2/2011 nicky221 said:

Do you think it is your tv? I don't see the orange but I do see the self tanner. I also wonder if it is the lights in the studio. Sometimes when I watched I also thought Lisa, KS and others needed to forgo a few self tan touch ups. But then I saw Lisa on live shoots outside in Italy and recently in L.A. and outside she looked great in the real light. So again maybe it is the lights, TV or HDTV. I know when putting on makeup and using my bifocals is really scary to see yourself that intensified and I am thankful no one can see like that and that I am not on tv being magnified. I can't imagine having to read all the bad comments on how bad I was looking. I don't think I would leave my house, so I give all of them a big thumbs up for putting themselves out there like that. I know they get paid well, but you have to have a very thick skin to do their job.

ita!

FOUR BLOOD MOONS~~john hagee

"...There will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars...Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." Luke 21:25a, 28

catperson1301804795.133235 PostsRegistered 2/28/2006

Dr. Garth Fisher is married to Jessica Canseco (ex-wife of Jose Canseco). Brooke Burke (co-host of DWTS, is his ex-wife). Just sayin...

"If I had a dime for every book he's actually read, I'd be broke." Seinfeld

syncophant1301804819.83736 PostsRegistered 3/25/2011
On 4/2/2011 italia! said:

Have QVC on at the moment and Lisa is on hosting with Chaz Dean. I cannot believe she has the most orange elbows I have EVER seen (her left arm specifically)!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.lol} When she lifts her arms all you see is the underside of her arms are pasty white and her elbows are discolored horribly! (shouldn't you be tanning your whole arm, LOL??)

Lisa really seems to bathe in faux tan - I love faux tanning too but the application process is the key to get it looking good. After all the years LR has been "tanning", you'd think by now she'd have it down to a science. I suppose if she thinks she looks good, well then that's all that matters, LOL. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I just find it hard to believe none of her friends point this out to her. Whenever I see Lisa her tan is a hot mess! Friends don't let friends look splotchy (especially on national tv)! For someone who is so into their looks as LR is, doesn't she look into the mirror when applying? We all know she certainly knows how to check herself out in the monitors every 5 seconds. Wink

---Italia! Kiss

we are embarrassed for you- you need a new television and a new attitude.

claudia__a­nne1301804979.44712395 PostsRegistered 2/4/2010

Still obsessed with Lisa, huh?

shoekitty1301808302.07313112 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 4/2/2011 monamar said:

I agree. She is a lovely young woman but when she does close ups showing rings or bracelets, you can see the faux tan embedded in the creases of her fingers etc. Better to use the ring display!

ITA, I hate it when they do those close up, and that brown faux tan stuff is around her cuticles and under the nails. It is gross. I am sure she doesn't look that way in person. It is the harsh studio lights, with the magnification of the camera. HDTV wouldn't be my friend that is for sure! You'd think the camera men could do a better job. There are tricks they can do when the camera isn't getting the most flattering shots. Professionals do it all the time!

Last edited on 4/3/2011

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next