Better Than Black Friday
101 Members and 12690 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Lancome Tient Miracle in the L'Oreal line?

Started 1300744540.78 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1300766429.657 by author
replies

I have been a BE girl for several years, but I'm becoming liquid-curious. I've heard really good things about the Lancome Tient Miracle. It's pretty spendy though, and I know they often market the same or similar formulas in their drugstore line under the L'Oreal brand. Does anybody know if there is a L'Oreal dupe of the Tient Miracle?

~

Page 1 of 1
haleypie1300756349.3931782 PostsRegistered 2/8/2008

Looks like more traffic around here this time of the evening... any of you girls know about the potential L'Oreal iteration of this Lancome product?

~

author1300757402.84397 PostsRegistered 7/3/2005

I'd like to know too! I have been using Lancome foundation for several years, Renergie Lift, and now tried the new L'Oreal Visible Lift with Serum Absolute and it is pretty darn nice. Very smooth, nice glow and they have many shades. I have no idea what this one would be comparable with in Lancome, but it is working great on my skin so maybe it is like the one I've been using.

We need a conversion chart!

MsTrixi1300758089.9371460 PostsRegistered 9/18/2006Menifee, California

ITA w/ author

L'Oreal Visible Lift with Serum Absolute is very High End and has that department store quality. I would imagine it is pretty close Smile

"Getting old is not for sissies."
Bette Davis

PurplePink1300758857.0971129 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010
On 3/21/2011 author said:

I'd like to know too! I have been using Lancome foundation for several years, Renergie Lift, and now tried the new L'Oreal Visible Lift with Serum Absolute and it is pretty darn nice. Very smooth, nice glow and they have many shades. I have no idea what this one would be comparable with in Lancome, but it is working great on my skin so maybe it is like the one I've been using.

We need a conversion chart!

Ok, so after checking the Temptalia dupe list as well as doing a few online searches and getting no results I approached this as logically as I could think. I could easily tell a L'Oreal product was a dupe for a Lancome one, was with the Youth Code line and Genefique bc they had similar descriptions, so I tried to do the same for the Teint Miracle.

Description (copied from Lancome's website)

• Enhances skin's natural light. The complexion appears flawless, full of life – as if lit-from-within
  • Bare skin sensation, correction with translucency for a natural finish, as if matter-free
  • 18 hour hydration
  • Diminishes redness for a more uniform complexion
  • Non-irritating/doesn't cause break-outs
  • Protects skin from UV damage

Technology

• Aura-Inside™ technology
  • 10 times less powdery fillers
  • Liquid Light Essence "liquid micro mirrors"
  • 37% pure water and soothing rose extract calms the skin
  • Oil-free, fragrance-free formula
  • SPF 15

Bla bla bla, basically the way to sum it up would be - natural, light, dewy finish

I looked up L'oreal foundations and read through their descriptions (can't paste all here). The one that comes off as "luminous", "dewy" is the Visible Lift line, more specifically their new Serum Absolute Foundation that is advertised as lightweight, able to make skin radiant and luminous and some more bla bla about some technology used.

The other liquid ones are in the True Match line which is advertised as lightweight and matte, the HIP magic souffle one is advertised as matte and flawless and all the others are compacts...so no others seem to match the description.

This approach obviously is only based on the similarity of marketing claims and does not take into account actual usage of any of the products. It could be that some of their products do not match, or if they do, they might not match 100%.

If you want a dewy lightweight drugstore foundation I recommend Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation (liquid) or the Neutrogena Skin Enhancer (tinted moisturizer), but I am not sure whether they would match Teint Miracle bc I have never tried it.

Last edited on 3/21/2011

Last edited on 3/21/2011

haleypie1300759470.031782 PostsRegistered 2/8/2008

Wow, PurplePink! Thanks for that fantastic research and good rec's. I did a quick search while I was at the store in the makeup aisle, and cruised the L'Oreal website, but they aren't big on telling you how to get their technology "on the cheap."

Thanks so much for doing that research and summarizing your findings for our benefit.

~

PurplePink1300760766.771129 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010
On 3/21/2011 haleypie said:

Wow, PurplePink! Thanks for that fantastic research and good rec's. I did a quick search while I was at the store in the makeup aisle, and cruised the L'Oreal website, but they aren't big on telling you how to get their technology "on the cheap."

Thanks so much for doing that research and summarizing your findings for our benefit.

I am glad it helped. Also common ownership doesn't immediatley imply similar products, similar quality/concentrations etc etc. I am sure they will have completely different products too, Lancome can't all be a markup of L'Oreal.

At the end of day it will matter more what the products feels like on your skin - it can be that a L'Oreal one can be better than Lancome, very similar or much worse..It is pretty much a gamble.

author1300766429.6574397 PostsRegistered 7/3/2005

I don't think there are "identical" matches, as I use a lot of Lancome and haven't found similar L'Oreal. For example, the L'Oreal lipsticks are so pretty but I am so allergic to them, but not to Lancome. Naturally I can tolerate the most expensive ones!

The L'Oreal Visible Lift with serum is excellent, and no scent either, something that is important to me. I have dry skin, some fine wrinkles, and it smooths everything out, doesn't settle in lines, and lasts all day. For the price it is very nice.

Thanks PurplePink for the research and your findings - much appreciated.

Page 1 of 1