TSV(R) Preview
123 Members and 11406 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

WEN...Fine thin hair

Started 1300379072.893 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1300426804.55 by bruingirl

What is the best WEN cleansing conditioner for baby fine, thin, color treated hair? Also, what is the product like WEN that can be purchased at Sally's?

Page 1 of 1
MotleyCrue­4EVA1300379245.0033096 PostsRegistered 7/17/2009South of Baltimore

Hair One is the product from Sally's.

I have baby fine, thin hair and NONE of the WEN cleansers did anything to help; it only made it weighed down and greasy after one day.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option"

Maya Mom1300379446.15177 PostsRegistered 1/6/2007

I have fine, thin hair and use Tea Tree and Sweet Almond Mint - or just SAM alone. I have to switch to a non-sulfate shampoo and regular conditioner every once in awhile though. My hair is now so healthy that it sometimes gets limp! I haven't heard great things about the Sally's product for girls with hair like ours. HTH

Last edited on 3/17/2011

Last edited on 3/17/2011

lyn in MI1300379446.70724588 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

I have fine, thin hair, and I use WEN tea tree on my scalp/head and I prefer Pomegranate or Lavender for the balance of my hair. Both give me nice body and shine.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

shiningstar1300379526.773755 PostsRegistered 4/24/2010
On 3/17/2011 MotleyCrue4EVA said:

Hair One is the product from Sally's.

I have baby fine, thin hair and NONE of the WEN cleansers did anything to help; it only made it weighed down and greasy after one day.

MotleyCrue4EVA,

So it's not just me...I tried the Tree Tree cleanser due to scalp issues and I found that it weighed my hair down and I had to shampoo the next day. Thought I was using the wrong one for my fine hair. Guess I will have to forget WEN.

Last edited on 3/17/2011

PLANTER1300380073.287686 PostsRegistered 1/31/2011

I have tried the one at Sallys and it is not even close. I would not use it if I ran out of wen, I would use ojon hydrate shampoo and conditioner or redken soft as my third.

As for Wen I think you will be amazed at how good it works. My recommendation to new Wen users is to get a variety pack that also has a dvd in it. This way, you will figure out what works for you as far as formulas go. The dvd is vital as it shows you information on using the cleansing conditioners that they do not have the time to show you in the shows on qvc. I wish when I started out using it that someone would have made that recommendation to me. The dvd can be bought separately if you already own some of the cleansing conditioners. I recommend it highly before you scrap the mission totally. Remember to play around with the formulas. I have hair that is oilier at my scalp, like most people. I sometimes use the fig on my ends and lavender or pomegranate on my roots. I also like to mix lavender and tea tree on my roots and sweet almond and fig on my ends. It took me a long time to get comfortable enough with them to mix, so I gave you my favorite mixes.

Last edited on 3/17/2011

Last edited on 3/17/2011

BESwede1300380094.126218 PostsRegistered 6/4/2007Colorado

I have very fine, thin hair and the lavender WEN works very well for me. I can also use the Pomegranate with great results. Either leave my scalp/hair clean, fresh, full of body and do not weigh my hair down. I cleanse every 2-3 days. I don't use any product as "leave in" as I think that might be too much for fine hair. I'd suggest trying Lavender, in particular.

47, very fair, blonde, green eyes, cool "summer" coloring. Combination/sensitive skin. Vegetarian

rini1300382441.737568 PostsRegistered 11/15/2010

I find that the Lavender works the best on my hair.

Dattie1300409994.377452 PostsRegistered 12/1/2007Originally from the "Buckeye" state, Ohio. Alabama.

Hair One @ Sally's. I bought it when it first came out, I used it once, no particular reason for not using it again. I use Wen, love Lavender and Pomegranate.

Jennifer

Wildapple1300410627.403762 PostsRegistered 11/17/2008Down Home

Had to try them all (except Fig) for my baby fine hair. Ended up with Tea Tree.

Sally????? Hair One???? Not in a million years.

ScarletsBa­ne1300415727.953 PostsRegistered 10/10/2005

I have fine, limp, straight hair but I also color and highlight it. Last year I bought the SAM and it was "ok" but nothing I was thrilled with. I bought my daughter the fig as she has the opposite of me: thick, coarse hair. She only used some of it because she felt it weighed her hair down. This year my hair has been very dry and nothing was helping. My daughter gave me the remainder of the fig.

I don't use it as directed though. I do a brief wash with a sulfate free shampoo from Whole Foods because I use a lot of styling products and then use the fig. I can't believe how much body my hair has! It is the one formula I would never, ever have considered and it has been a lifesaver. I used the first bottle up and she got me two 32oz bottles for my birthday. Lately every day has been a good hair day.

I'm shocked because like I said, I would never have even considered the fig.

bruingirl1300426804.556921 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA
On 3/17/2011 lyn in MI said:

I have fine, thin hair, and I use WEN tea tree on my scalp/head and I prefer Pomegranate or Lavender for the balance of my hair. Both give me nice body and shine.

I agree...Lavender or Pomegranate are great for fine, thin hair. Make sure you use enough CC, massage it on your scalp and hair, leave on the remainder of your shower and rinse very thoroughly.

I've never tried Hair One from Sally's and I probably never will. I've heard from too many longtime wen users that Hair One doesn't provide anywhere near the same results as wen.

bruingirl

Live.....Laugh.....Love

Page 1 of 1