TSV(R) Preview
141 Members and 12718 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

St. Tropez or BE Faux Essentials?

Started 1299681294.733 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1299734352.403 by BESwede

Now that the spring season will hopefully be here, any ideas whether to purchase St. Tropez self tanner or BE Faux Tan? I know there are tan towels but several have told me these are the better choices.

Page 1 of 1
GemNBeauty­Madness1299682600.18212 PostsRegistered 11/23/2008

I'm casting my vote for St Tropez! It has been much easier for me to use with far better results than Faux tan. I use the mousse with the accompanying mitt, and it provides no streaking and a nice color (although not too terribly dark). I've gotten much better results than I ever had with the Faux Tan. I have a bit left from the end of summer last year and have already purchased another mousse. The 8 oz with mitt is just under $10 more for double the amount, which has proven to be a better buy. Happy Spring!!

aggiewife1299683665.9447 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I'm casting another vote for the St Tropez! I LOVE it! it goes on so easily and the color is really good. I'm blonde with fair skin and it looks great! I love the mitt application too.

BESwede1299683937.3836218 PostsRegistered 6/4/2007Colorado

Definitely BE ! St. Tropez was a streaky, orangey mess on me and the development odor was too much. Returned it and went back to BE which has always worked very well for me because it gives a very natural color with no orange, no streaks and has a light, pleasant scent. I use it once a week all summer long, applied before bedtime, and love waking up with color. I am very fair so one application is plenty for me but if you want to be darker you can apply again on additional nights without exfoliating between and get a darker color. I did like the Mitt with St. Tropez but found some similiar at Ulta that I now use with BE.

47, very fair, blonde, green eyes, cool "summer" coloring. Combination/sensitive skin. Vegetarian

jojo121299685574.92509 PostsRegistered 12/18/2009

My vote is for St. Tropez as well. I find it easier to use with the mitt and I like the color it gives my skin, also not much of an odor. The BE is ok, but like the St. Tropez better.

fllady1299685878.91256 PostsRegistered 12/28/2008fl

B E for me thin layer every few days looks natural.

aggiewife1299686060.96747 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

That's the crazy thing about sunless tanners - what works great for one fair skinned person is a mess for someone else - the good thing is, whichever one you go with, if it doesn't work, send it back and try the other one Smile

k9buddy1299686185.91380 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007

Lisa R. says she uses BE and she very often looks orangey.

PLANTER1299686643.96686 PostsRegistered 1/31/2011

Lisa over does it in my opinion. My vote is for the oil of olay lotion that gradually increases color and is based on the color you are for fair girls. My daughter is alabaster and that is what she uses and she never looks streaky or orange. She only uses it once in a while though because she actually likes being as fair as she is. She is pretty rare though because if she wanted to tan, she could thanks to my genes. I am medium beige in the winter and golden tan in middle spring to middle fall. The last thing I need is self tanner. I look at the sun and I am a shade darker.

LovemyBE1299687263.12325382 PostsRegistered 7/11/2008

I've got naturally tan skin so I don't use self tan products, but my teen fair DD does. The best most natural looking product, not orangey, is Victoria's Secret. They come out with it every year and change the name, but it's always a great no fail product.

Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow's a fresh opportunity to make it better.

kelseysnana1299692994.2879 PostsRegistered 6/4/2010

I love St. Tropez !! It is the best that I have found.

Deb03601299726645.92230 PostsRegistered 12/27/2008Tulsa
On 3/9/2011 BESwede said:

Definitely BE ! St. Tropez was a streaky, orangey mess on me and the development odor was too much. Returned it and went back to BE which has always worked very well for me because it gives a very natural color with no orange, no streaks and has a light, pleasant scent. I use it once a week all summer long, applied before bedtime, and love waking up with color. I am very fair so one application is plenty for me but if you want to be darker you can apply again on additional nights without exfoliating between and get a darker color. I did like the Mitt with St. Tropez but found some similiar at Ulta that I now use with BE.

47, very fair, blonde, green eyes, cool "summer" coloring. Combination/sensitive skin. Vegetarian

How do you put on the BE Faux Tan, go to bed and not get it all over your sheets? That's the only thing I don't like about it. It gives me a great color!!

baby burns1299734070.5878793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

i'am blonde and very fair, when i do use self tanner, i also buy the one from victoria secret, not to dark, also the brand of tan towels from shopnbc are also nice.

BESwede1299734352.4036218 PostsRegistered 6/4/2007Colorado
On 3/9/2011 Deb0360 said:
On 3/9/2011 BESwede said:

How do you put on the BE Faux Tan, go to bed and not get it all over your sheets? That's the only thing I don't like about it. It gives me a great color!!

I apply Faux Tan and rub it on and in like I would a lotion, then let it dry/absorb for about 20 minutes before getting into nightclothes and to bed. Have not ever had any rub off on my light colored bedding or pjs. Love the color too- it's the only one I've found that looks really natural and isn't stinky :)

Page 1 of 1