Keurig Offer
125 Members and 11521 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Has Anyone Tried the PTR Dragon's Blood Serum?

Started 1299464717.983 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1299587053.163 by lyn in MI
replies

Is it any good?

Does it really resurface the skin?

What's your review?

TIA

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When I get through this, I'm going to live the life of an adventurer.
Bear Grylls

Page 1 of 1
PLANTER1299467723.807686 PostsRegistered 1/31/2011

I just started using it a week ago. i know people have said they noticed a major difference in a week. I am not one of those people. However, I can tell that over time it will work well for my skin.

It has a red translucent texture. It is almost like a mix between a gel and a serum. It goes on very nicely and leaves the skin with a silky feel once it is on. The red blends away and does not make the skin change color, so do not be scared. I can tell it is working because old acne marks are slowly getting less obvious. This is the first and only product, besides retinol at first, that has seemed to help some of the discoloration I have too. I recommend trying it for three weeks. If you do not see a difference in your skin, send it back then. I can tell, even though it is small in size, that it will last a long time because I only use one pump per use. He seriously has perfect dispensers, they pump the perfect amount every time with zero waste.

Zaksgrrl1299472236.5939844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark
On 3/6/2011 PLANTER said:

I just started using it a week ago. i know people have said they noticed a major difference in a week. I am not one of those people. However, I can tell that over time it will work well for my skin.

It has a red translucent texture. It is almost like a mix between a gel and a serum. It goes on very nicely and leaves the skin with a silky feel once it is on. The red blends away and does not make the skin change color, so do not be scared. I can tell it is working because old acne marks are slowly getting less obvious. This is the first and only product, besides retinol at first, that has seemed to help some of the discoloration I have too. I recommend trying it for three weeks. If you do not see a difference in your skin, send it back then. I can tell, even though it is small in size, that it will last a long time because I only use one pump per use. He seriously has perfect dispensers, they pump the perfect amount every time with zero waste.

Thanks, Planter! I appreciate this thoughtful review.

I saw this at Sephora today and it looked good but I didn't want to spend the money without knowing anything about it. I did get a sample though (love Sephora!).

As happy as I am with my skin, I think the texture could be better.

Have a lovely week!

Bear Grylls

Sile1299476192.811224 PostsRegistered 2/3/2010
I wonder if Charlie Sheen uses it.....(.ok, that was dumb, I know.)

Zaksgrrl1299479168.7239844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark
On 3/6/2011 Sile said: I wonder if Charlie Sheen uses it.....(.ok, that was dumb, I know.)

I know you're referring to 'tiger's blood' but I didn't catch what the whole CS thing was about. I don't watch the news (and surely am not going to waste a nanosecond on ole Charlie), so I'm in the dark, although I appreciate the pun!

Bear Grylls

Knitgirly1299496176.751712 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

I want to try this product. My skin was ruined from too many sunburns as a teen (if only I'd known)... PTR's skin I've noticed looks so much better that it used to. I remember when I could see all the acne scars, and now it's smooth... I wonder what he used, that's what I need! Anyway, thanks for sharing the info. HAve a good week~

winamac11299500399.74330489 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

I love his new laser product in the red bottle. It works GREAT on small scars. I had a cut and put it on it after the cut healed, there is almost no scar visible now, and I do think it was that new laser product.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

lyn in MI1299507149.44724394 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

sailorgal - The ingredient deck for his new Laser-Free Resurfacer™ is the same as his discontinued product Dragon's Blood™ which sold for $110.00. I think it was a good idea to rename the product as well as drop the retail price to $75.00.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

Zaksgrrl1299544399.9779844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark
On 3/7/2011 lyn in MI said:

sailorgal - The ingredient deck for his new Laser-Free Resurfacer™ is the same as his discontinued product Dragon's Blood™ which sold for $110.00. I think it was a good idea to rename the product as well as drop the retail price to $75.00.

Hi Lyn, that is interesting! I don't keep up with his products so much, and I thought this was new.

I just don't see what the 'blood' ingredient is going to do that a peel can't.

I got an 8% TCA peel from MUAC recently, but I don't have the nerve to use it yet! I can't afford downtime at work either. Maybe over the July 4th week . . . .

Have you ever done a TCA peel?

Bear Grylls

lyn in MI1299587053.14324394 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 3/7/2011 sailorgal said:

Hi Lyn, that is interesting! I don't keep up with his products so much, and I thought this was new.

...cut...

Have you ever done a TCA peel?

I think Mr Roth wants potential customers to believe it's new, but a side by side comparison of the ingredient decks shows that they are identical.

No, I've never done a TCA peel.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

Page 1 of 1