Esteemed Contributor

I've been having my eyebrows waxed for many years. For a very long time, I went to a high-priced salon, and I loved Mira, the lovely girl who waxed my eyebrows and always did a beautiful job. After doing the waxing, she usually cleaned up a bit with a tweezer. I was always happy with the results.

Mira left the salon and I started going elsewhere. I was pretty happy with other places and they also would tweeze a bit after waxing. However, the last few times I've gone, I've noticed that now they're doing a whole lot of tweezing. The last two times I went it was more tweezing than waxing. The reason I get them waxed is so I won't have to worry about them for awhile. Tweezing doesn't last as long. When I (nicely) tried to communicate this the last time I went, the girl seemed a little insulted. There are plenty of places around, so I've decided not to go back. But I'm wondering..........

Is it normal to have a lot of tweezing done after waxing? It seems to me that waxing means waxing, and maybe a little fine-tuning with tweezers. Not a bit of waxing followed by a long time of tweezing! I have no reason to be there if almost everything is going to grow back quickly. Has anyone else experienced this? I know it's not my imagination - It's taking a lot longer because of the extended tweezing time! Thanks to all who respond. {#emotions_dlg.sleep}