Early Access
26 Members and 10330 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

So, can CeraVe Cleanser / PM Moisture be used on Combo/Breakout Prone Skin?

Started 1298337197.42 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1298750445.13 by MrsSweetieBear2u

I am going to be getting my 1st bottle of Buzz on Acne - should be here in a couple days. Denise emailed me back and told me to Use these (she mentioned others but recommened the CereVe)

I picked them up today and thought I would try them tonight - Just wondering if anyone else with Combo/Aging/Acne Prone skin have used these without any issues?
How do you like it?

Can I use the PM during the Day? I didn't buy the SPF Day one cause my skin always reacts bad to sunsreen!

"A DOG WEARS IT'S HEART ON IT'S TAIL"

Page 1 of 1
BassetMomma1298340071.3131502 PostsRegistered 10/4/2008Northern New Jersey

I am using all three products from Cerve - Cleanser, Am, & PM lotion. I think they are light enough to use on combo/aging skin. I don't know if they would be my first choice if breakouts were a big problem. Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser is great. You might want to try that one next if no luck with Cerave which is pretty moisturizing.

Brenpatsa1298340137.97313 PostsRegistered 2/24/2008

Yes, definitely. I am currently trying out some other products at the moment, but I have skin like yours and CeraVe' is my 'go-to' brand. I found the newer foaming cleanser to be a bit drying but the hydrating cleanser was just fine. The PM moisturizer worked really well for my skin too, but I have to say I actually prefer their all-purpose moisturizer in the large blue pump bottle. My dermatologist recommended this line highly and I give it a thumbs-up.

NeetaLyn1298340561.112697 PostsRegistered 7/27/2008Maryland

I haven't used the cleanser before, but I bought the Cerave PM when it first came out because I wanted the moisture and the niacinamide but couldn't use it because it broke me out. I have combo skin that somewhat sensitive. I think the reason I broke out is because caprylic triglyceride is near the top ingredient (4th) and this always seems to break me out.

50yo; combo. sensitive skin;minimal wrinkles but prone to some redness

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research - KNOW IT, FIGHT IT, END IT!

Sandgirl1298340595.78618 PostsRegistered 6/13/2008

My Bartell Drugs only had the Am/Pm Moist. and the Hydrating Cleanser and the Tub Moisturizer - I didn't see a foaming cleanser or the moist. in the large blue pump bottle.

Is the large blue pump bottle "usually" for the body? I'll have to grab that one next time, I like the prices of this too!

Brenpatsa1298341555.643313 PostsRegistered 2/24/2008
On 2/21/2011 lovemylabs said:

My Bartell Drugs only had the Am/Pm Moist. and the Hydrating Cleanser and the Tub Moisturizer - I didn't see a foaming cleanser or the moist. in the large blue pump bottle.

Is the large blue pump bottle "usually" for the body? I'll have to grab that one next time, I like the prices of this too!

Originally, they started with the Hydrating Cleanser, the Moisturizing Lotion in the blue bottle and a tub of the Cream. They eventually branched out and provided the AM/PM variations too. My dermatologist gave me samples of the Hydrating Cleanser and the original Lotion for my face, but the Lotion works wonderfully on my body too.

The prices are very reasonable as you mentioned, especially when you consider the quality ingredients.

mariner131298341713.6971065 PostsRegistered 1/1/2007

My dermatologist recommended CeraVe for my face because I have issues with redness on my cheeks. After using it for a few days, I did notice my forehead breaking out. But I have always had problems with my forehead reacting to almost anything I put on it. I think it may have been the AM that did it, due to the suncreen. Love the PM! My husband even loves it, and he's never even used moisurizer!

Sandgirl1298342213.843618 PostsRegistered 6/13/2008
On 2/21/2011 mariner13 said:

My dermatologist recommended CeraVe for my face because I have issues with redness on my cheeks. After using it for a few days, I did notice my forehead breaking out. But I have always had problems with my forehead reacting to almost anything I put on it. I think it may have been the AM that did it, due to the suncreen. Love the PM! My husband even loves it, and he's never even used moisurizer!

That's why I didn't grab the AM - All sunscreen makes my face FREAK OUT and break out!! Urgh, best sunscreen I can do is built into my makeup - sometimes it bugs me and other times it does not. Minerals are a natural sunscreen anyways - not a great one but at least it's something

PinkyPetun­ia1298343691.6934534 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004NJ

The PM version should be a safe choice. I have similar type skin as the OP and I do well with the PM lotion, also the regular cerave in the pump. I did buy the AM with the sunscreen and it was very greasy and whitish. I, too, have a hard time with sunscreens and the AM was not good for me. You were smart to avoid it.

raildog1298345658.1571116 PostsRegistered 9/19/2010

Yes! I have been using the PM for days and nights just around my mouth and eyes off and on since I started using Atralin approx 6months ago. (Derm Rec) Same with the foaming facial cleanser. I say off and on because I had other things to use including GWPs and new things I wanted to try. However, I have been consistent for about a month now and my skin was looking really good. I also use Paula's Choice Clear toner with Salicylic acid in AM..

I did order and received the Isomers TTV. Not good. I am back to the Cerave cleanser and PM moisture. I cannot use the AM because it makes my face too greasy. So give it a try and be consistent. Everybody here said that, but I had to keep experimenting.

I use EltaMD clear for my sunscreen. I do need to add a vitamin C. Keli13, if you see this, can I add Phil Vit C powder to the EltaMd Clear? Or is it just a waste because the powder wouldn't soak in to the skin. I do not use the PM moisture all over my face, otherwise I would add the Vit C to that.

PS. I do have breakout and blackhead prone skin.

.Last edited on 2/21/2011

Last edited on 2/21/2011

Last edited on 2/21/2011

baby burns1298347337.6078793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

i did not know that so many women still have problesm with their faces. when i was growing up, my sister went through the pimple stage, but got over it. i would get one, when it was my time of the month. i guess it was stupid of me, i just thought once y ou went to adult hood it will clear up. it must be very difficult having ackne and such a time with your skin being so sensitive.

Sandgirl1298349545.953618 PostsRegistered 6/13/2008
On 2/21/2011 baby burns said:

i did not know that so many women still have problesm with their faces. when i was growing up, my sister went through the pimple stage, but got over it. i would get one, when it was my time of the month. i guess it was stupid of me, i just thought once y ou went to adult hood it will clear up. it must be very difficult having ackne and such a time with your skin being so sensitive.

I was opposite of most, I was TOTALLY CLEAR all thru jr. high & high school....didn't start getting pimples till almost 30, went thru a divorce and the stress caused cyst like pimples, ever since then I have battled with this - off and on, sometimes I am clear 100 percent and others my face is just a awful mess!! Right now they are even on my neck....never had them on my neck. Cannot wait to get my BUZZ ON ACNE - should be here by the end of the week :) You are lucky you never had to deal with this, VERY LUCKY!!

MrsSweetie­Bear2u1298350531.6532407 PostsRegistered 8/4/2010

Hi there lovemylabs - I'm glad you ordered the BOA and that Denise confirmed one of my recs to you, the CeraVe Cleanser. Actually Brenpatsa was the first one to tell ME about that cleanser. Strangely enough, I never found it at my local Longs or CVS. In the meantime, I discovered a nice Mario Badescue cleanser, so if the CeraVe doesn't work for you, there are plenty more to try. Probably TOO many! LOL!

Good luck and remember, don't hesitate to contact Denise directly with other questions and concerns that may come up during your treatment with BOA. My skin loves it!

Sandgirl1298378002.327618 PostsRegistered 6/13/2008
On 2/21/2011 MrsSweetieBear2u said:

Hi there lovemylabs - I'm glad you ordered the BOA and that Denise confirmed one of my recs to you, the CeraVe Cleanser. Actually Brenpatsa was the first one to tell ME about that cleanser. Strangely enough, I never found it at my local Longs or CVS. In the meantime, I discovered a nice Mario Badescue cleanser, so if the CeraVe doesn't work for you, there are plenty more to try. Probably TOO many! LOL!

Good luck and remember, don't hesitate to contact Denise directly with other questions and concerns that may come up during your treatment with BOA. My skin loves it!

Thank you!! Cannot wait to get my BOA. I filled out a skin quiz thing on Mario's site and a sweet gal emailed me back and said she was sending out samples - I think for my skin she said the Enzyme Cleanser and the Glycolic cleanser (1-2 times a week) So I should be getting samples of that soon so I will try out that cleanser too!

Thanks for the tip :)

NickiML1298385085.431620 PostsRegistered 1/28/2005Plantation, FL

Hi lovemylabs,

I'm glad you e-mailed Denise and decided to give BOA a try. Be patient and if you have questions along the way, contact Denise and let her know how your skin is responding. GOOD LUCK!!

Please let us know how you like the CeraVe products. I've never tried them.

Last edited on 2/22/2011

Last edited on 2/22/2011

Nicki

cassiem1298389918.7936802 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

The PM causes my skin to break out badly.

CD231298695008.3637 PostsRegistered 2/14/2009

I also have combo/sensitive/break-out prone skin. I've been using BOA for 3.5 weeks. It's been a roller coaster ride, to be honest. Initially, cysts that I had healed very quickly and my skin seemed to respond well. But, be prepared for a purging break-out. YIKES! I emailed Denise and kept moving forward. Denise is wonderful and it is nice to have someone to give advice. After about a week, my purge started to clear, but I got extremely dry. (All this seems like it is consistent with others' experiences.) I finally broke down and bought CeraVe Cleanser and CeraVe PM lotion. Literally, within a day my skin became significantly less dry and much more balanced. So, I recommend the CeraVe highly. (I also didn't get the AM because I react to sunscreen!) I have only used the CeraVe for 4 days, but I'm not seeing any break-outs as a result of using it. I have not had a new cyst in about a week, but my face is not yet clear. I am willing to give BOA more time to work because I do seem to be making progress. Will be anxious to hear about your experience with BOA.

divvykimmy1298725866.93712 PostsRegistered 9/20/2008

ANother voice chiming in - I too have problems with the AM because the sunscreen breaks me out, and the pm wasn't much better. I've settled on the big blue pump lotion (and yes, it is advertised as a body moisturizer). Fewer additives,I think, but my combo skin does much better with it as a daytime moisturizer and for dealing with any irritation from retin a. Plus it's one of the best deals ever. HTH

MrsSweetie­Bear2u1298750445.122407 PostsRegistered 8/4/2010

CD23 - Just wanted you to know I read your post on another BOA thread and replied to you there. I don't have much to add here because I've never tried any of the CeraVe products. I hope you find BOA works for you.

Page 1 of 1