Better Than Black Friday
100 Members and 14573 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Is There A Good Product For Age Spots On Hands?

Started 1297389244.573 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1297561758.853 by Skintech

Have any of you ladies found anything for this that works? Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
SilentDance1297389589.7814858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

I've been using for a couple of years Nature's Gate "light Switch" and the spots on my hands respond very well to it. Unfortunately, the dark spot on my face didn't but I've been using White Lucent from Shiseido and I've noticed a big difference. I've also recently added Bio-Oil to my hand regimen and the spots on my hand have never been as light as they are now. Sometimes I have to look twice.

I think it really matters how dark the spots are to begin with but I think I have better results with natural products then I did with hydroquinone which is usually recommended for fading spots. I discontinued use of hydroquinone a while back after the derm prescribed it because I read it was banned in Europe and Asia, so I figure if they banned it then there is probably a good reason for me to ban it too.

:)

lovesrecess1297389739.79314061 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas

I have used the hydroquinone as well and it works but very gradually; am always on the lookout for an effective creme for these horrid spots....have been plague with them since my 20's! Will try the Bio-Oil

Lucky Charm1297390184.9176596 PostsRegistered 2/29/2008

I went the route of the dermatologist. First she examined mine and determined they were okay to remove. She used a cannister of some kind of gas and a cold white stream shot out of it and my spots are gone. She charged me $50. Not bad. This was a few years ago and my hands still look great. Freckle free.

Life's a beach!

Keli131297390658.0377516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006

You need to use a cream with Hydroquinone. Many here post about a cream available at Walmart called Nadiola. It contains 3% Hydroquinone and it's not expensive at all. This is a great cream for use on the body. You also absolutely need to use a good sunscreen if your serious about fighting the battle against age spots. You need to use it everyday.

SilentDance1297390781.81714858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 2/10/2011 Lucky Charm said:

I went the route of the dermatologist. First she examined mine and determined they were okay to remove. She used a cannister of some kind of gas and a cold white stream shot out of it and my spots are gone. She charged me $50. Not bad. This was a few years ago and my hands still look great. Freckle free.

I think that was more than a reasonable price that you were charged. You've had long lasting results too and that's great. Was it a cold stream, a freezing? How did they disappear-fade or sludge off? Sorry for all the questions but I am curious about this and one last question can this method be applied to the face?

Thanks.

prisrob1297391242.322199 PostsRegistered 10/29/2007
On 2/10/2011 keli13 said:

You need to use a cream with Hydroquinone. Many here post about a cream available at Walmart called Nadiola. It contains 3% Hydroquinone and it's not expensive at all. This is a great cream for use on the body. You also absolutely need to use a good sunscreen if your serious about fighting the battle against age spots. You need to use it everyday.

available on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dbeauty&field-keywords=Nadiola&x=14&y=14

Keli131297391461.087516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006

It was probably some type of Nitrogen canister.

That's great that this worked for you !!

Many don't know about all the different options available now, like this canister, lasers or Hydroquinone.

If the canister treatment shows promise for many ladies I'm sure it'll become a mainstream treatment for age spots.

Wouldn't that be great !!!!

Lucky Charm1297391473.116596 PostsRegistered 2/29/2008
On 2/10/2011 SilentDance said:

I think that was more than a reasonable price that you were charged. You've had long lasting results too and that's great. Was it a cold stream, a freezing? How did they disappear-fade or sludge off? Sorry for all the questions but I am curious about this and one last question can this method be applied to the face?

Thanks.

Yes, it was a cold stream. I remember I just kept focused on the conversation and didn't really feel anything.

She 'hit' each freckle with a stream of what looked like white foam (I think that's what I remember!). The freckles turned into red spots and this sounds gross, but they then turned into sores. I had to keep them moisturized and used vaseline at night with white gloves (what a beaut I am in bed) {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I have extremely fair skin and these healed up. Nothing shows from having it done. No faded brown spots, that would drive me crazy. Completely gone.

I was worried because my hands take an especially long time to heal if I burn or get a cut. These spots cleared up in about 2-3 weeks.

Life's a beach!

SilentDance1297391715.2614858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 2/10/2011 SilentDance said:

Thanks.

Yes, it was a cold stream. I remember I just kept focused on the conversation and didn't really feel anything.

She 'hit' each freckle with a stream of what looked like white foam (I think that's what I remember!). The freckles turned into red spots and this sounds gross, but they then turned into sores. I had to keep them moisturized and used vaseline at night with white gloves (what a beaut I am in bed) {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I have extremely fair skin and these healed up. Nothing shows from having it done. No faded brown spots, that would drive me crazy. Completely gone.

I was worried because my hands take an especially long time to heal if I burn or get a cut. These spots cleared up in about 2-3 weeks.

Thanks, I guess it was the freezing method. I think if they're still gone then you got great results and the price was definitely right, good for you. If mine come back I will look into this. It's winter now and I imagine they may look lighter on their own too but I intend to be diligent with sunscreen on my hands and hope they stay that way. I'm not sure I would want this option for my face though if my cheek spot should get any darker, well never say never.

colliemom31297398538.9616404 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

Thanks ladies. I appreciate all your suggestions and will certainly try the products you recommended. Mine are light but I'm starting to see so many of them. I'm not in the sun much and use sun screen. I'm thinking they are from when I was younger and spent more time in the sun? Or are they just a normal part of aging?

Zaksgrrl1297540895.6779844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark

The best product is L'Occitane's Immortelle Very Precious Serum SPF 40. It lightens and brightens beautifully, and is all natural, plus a high SPF.

One many days, it's all the moisture I needed. Very effective.

Almost as good is the Caulalie Vinoperfect serum.

You must, must, must use sunscreen on your hands - otherwise there's no point in trying to lighten.

My rule is: whatever I do for my face, I do for my hands.

Get the Immortelle - it's fabulous!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When I get through this, I'm going to live the life of an adventurer.
Bear Grylls

Zaksgrrl1297541039.279844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark
On 2/10/2011 keli13 said:

I have to warn against Hydroquinone. It's banned as a carcinogen in EU, Australia, and Japan. Here is a good case for the FDA being slow to act. Don't do it!!!

Bear Grylls

Zaksgrrl1297541102.659844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark
On 2/10/2011 upsidedown said:

I have used the hydroquinone as well and it works but very gradually; am always on the lookout for an effective creme for these horrid spots....have been plague with them since my 20's! Will try the Bio-Oil

Upsidedown, don't bother with Bio-Oil, it's just mineral oil!

Try the Immortelle. It's lighter than an oil, and dries completely dry. Plus - it works!

Bear Grylls

guatmum1297542797.162885 PostsRegistered 10/24/2008

I've been using Dr. Denese's Vit C pads on my face for a couple of weeks and using the remainder on my hands. To my unexpected surprise, my age spots have almost completely disappeared. And my face looks brighter too!

"Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

kal1297543812.4032454 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007

Use Perricone complexion corrective on your face and put the excess on your hands. It has pycnogenol. There is also a product by elysee with pycnogenol.

SilentDance1297548968.814858 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 2/12/2011 sailorgal said:
On 2/10/2011 upsidedown said:

Upsidedown, don't bother with Bio-Oil, it's just mineral oil!

Try the Immortelle. It's lighter than an oil, and dries completely dry. Plus - it works!

This is the ingredient list for Bio-Oil:

http://www.bio-oil.com/en/ingredients/index.html

How much of each ingredient is in the formula, I have no idea? I've had good results with what I am using and I always say what products I am using because I don't think it's fair to say one product is responsible for good results when there are multiple products that are used. Everyone reacts to products differently, so I always say what works for me and me only and what I don't consider to be the best, because what is best for me is not for others.

Last edited on 2/12/2011

Last edited on 2/12/2011

Skintech1297561758.853209 PostsRegistered 7/4/2007

The effective options have pretty much been listed. Lasers, Liquid Nitrogen (cryotherapy), Hydroquinone, etc. Here is a hand cream that has been effective, as well as for an after treatment with any of the options already named to help prevent further damage.

Robanda® Anti-Aging Hand Cream, SPF 20
Voted by beauty editors "Best Hand Treatment in USA"
This revolutionary non-greasy hand treatment is the first ever product to combine Retinol, SPF 20 sunscreen and Gatuline Whitening (a complex lightening ingredient derived by fermentation of Kojic and Lactic acids with licorice extract). Proven effective to fade dark spots as well as providing maximum sun protection. Vitamin A and other antioxidants simultaneously moisturize hands and strengthen nails.
- Maximum sunscreen protection SPF20
- 100% pure and active Retinol Palmitate
- Gatuline Whitening helps fade dark spots

Page 1 of 1