Meant for Mom(SM)
14 Members and 9044 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Adrienne - signature Club A.

Started 1297023602.98 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1297036169.03 by guatmum

I find it so interesting that she-Adrienne - uses these old wrinkly sagging models( Adrienne's own words) - yet, Adrienne has been using plastic surgery for years- nothing on her face is real. I would like to see Adriene with a plain clean face have someone do HER up on Air with the products "Adriane says" she herself uses. What a crock of do do. It is comical-{#emotions_dlg.laugh} perfect comedy for THE SOUP.

Page 1 of 1
Sbyrd1297024732.0531264 PostsRegistered 1/27/2009

I know many like Adrienne and her products but her persona and makeup application on the models does not appeal to me. On the few shows I have watched, I have felt kind of sorry for the models after having the products slapped on their faces, lol. I will say, though, that I think it is great that she uses some older models in her presentations.

depglass1297024951.43322716 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

For the life of me, I can't understand why HSN doesn't have a professional makeup artist do the demo while Adrienne explains it. Are they afraid to tell her she is blind as a bat??? These models end up looking like clowns.

Magenta1297025064.3779541 PostsRegistered 11/4/2004washington, d.c.

you ladies have interesting point of views. i never order from you know who, but came home after a long walk in beautiful weather and was bored finding nothing on the q. and went there and bought their special of the day. can use something for the neck in particular, the rest is an extra bonus, so want to see how this will do, and if in 3 wks nothing does, back it goes. oh oh, wonder whether it was a dumb move, given i am always so careful...

Magenta

4doggies1297025193.7173404 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

She is the consummate salesperson, she makes her awful products sound l miraculous when, in fact, her skincare has very low percentages of actives and dated formulations. I really don't know how she gets away with making some of the bogus claims. I do like to tune in for the amusement value, though. Wow, her lips get bigger with every visit.

shoptillId­rop1297025563.1879399 PostsRegistered 10/25/2006Michigan

Even Suzanne Sommers had enough class to stop pushing her facial machine once it was obvious she was undergoing lifts and doing injections. We have to be so discerning as consumers.

(uh, she did stop pushing that machine, right?{#emotions_dlg.blushing})

Last edited on 2/6/2011

Last edited on 2/6/2011

I tried being patient but it took too long.

momcat1297026105.225884 PostsRegistered 9/12/2010

I caught some of her show last nite and not only was she torturing a model jabbing her fingers into her face, she doesn't even rub the creams and makeup into the skin. It looks horrible. You can actually see that mess sitting on top on the skin. And, then she kept remarking how magic was happening on the screen right before our eyes with the addition of her potions. Well, unless I have the worst tv screen in the world, I saw absolutely no improvement in the skin of that model. I've seen some of her shows in the past, and I just sit there rolling my eyes. Why are ladies buying this garbage? Certainly they are, because this lady has been around for 100 years, and they always mention a sellout. I see nothing that makes me the least bit interested in her products. Looks like something less than drugstore quality. One more thing - what the heck is up with Adrienne's lips? And, please get those bangs out of your eyes!!! OK, I'm done. lol

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.

abbycat1297026309.3474618 PostsRegistered 5/19/2007Maryland

With all the football stuff on today, and with the Q so far being boring, I put HSN on and Adrienne is on right now. Sounds crazy, but I've never seen her before. OMG, she's obnoxious and affected. She couldn't sell me anything. Reminds me of a pushy sales woman in a store.

abby

<*)))><

depglass1297027293.49722716 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

shoptilidrop, no, she didn't stop pushing the facemaster. She just moved it to shopnbc. 219.00. I thought I had seen her with it, so I checked the website. I ignore these products since I have a pacemaker and can't use them anyway. Hopefully I wouldn't be conned otherwise. Her last bit of surgery may have done her in as a spokesperson for her products forever. I bet she wishes she had her old face back.

chumie1297027961.727135 PostsRegistered 1/3/2011

I ordered her products years ago after first discovering her on HSN. The face cream felt like Crisco. She is amusing to watch from time to time, but that's it.

Introuble1297030558.16235 PostsRegistered 5/16/2010Ohio
On 2/6/2011 Magenta said:

you ladies have interesting point of views. i never order from you know who, but came home after a long walk in beautiful weather and was bored finding nothing on the q. and went there and bought their special of the day. can use something for the neck in particular, the rest is an extra bonus, so want to see how this will do, and if in 3 wks nothing does, back it goes. oh oh, wonder whether it was a dumb move, given i am always so careful...

Magenta

Actually, I'm jealous of the long walk in beautiful weather!!!!!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.crying}

KittyLouWho1297030793.5326542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006
On 2/6/2011 shoptillIdrop said:

Even Suzanne Sommers had enough class to stop pushing her facial machine once it was obvious she was undergoing lifts and doing injections. We have to be so discerning as consumers.

(uh, she did stop pushing that machine, right?{#emotions_dlg.blushing})

Last edited on 2/6/2011

She's still pushing that machine, on ShopNBC.

At least Suzanne's skin care has natural ingredients and isn't full of junk like Adrienne's.

"You make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven, for too long, for too long"
Bruno Mars

AIS7141297033451.373500 PostsRegistered 1/20/2005

It still baffles me how this woman is taken seriously as this big beauty authrotity, because the quality of her products, and the way she applies them, sure doesn't showcase that at all. I've honestly never even heard of Adrienne until we got HSN back again in 2002. Granted, she has a few good products, but like another poster said most of her skincare is mostly fillers with low percentages of actives. And her makeup just looks blah with the muddy eyeshadow colors, orangy greasy looking foundations, brushes that look like something you'd buy from a hardware store, and lipsticks that look like muddy, waxy crayons. SMH

Qsteph1297035462.06151 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010
On 2/6/2011 depglass said:

For the life of me, I can't understand why HSN doesn't have a professional makeup artist do the demo while Adrienne explains it. Are they afraid to tell her she is blind as a bat??? These models end up looking like clowns.

OMG I'm so glad you posted! I've been holding this in!!! I feel soooooo bad when she does it. One time she had foundation missing from a 1/4 of the model's face and a huge line of demarkation (sp?) It was hilarious and embarrassing all at the same time. They need to stop her from doing the makeup for her own good. I used her products over 10 years ago and I was way too young to be using them. I don't purchase anymore but I do like to watch her lol.

guatmum1297036169.032707 PostsRegistered 10/24/2008

Personally, I've found her C products work well for me, along with a new powder she has and many of her lipsticks. That being said, I'd MUCH rather watch a vendor apply makeup to REAL women older than 12 than to watch her/him fake-apply makeup to someone who has already been done. If you believe ANY of the vendors and their miraculous claims, you're gullible. Regarding, "actives," most dermatologists will tell you that none of those "actives" in OTC products does much of anything. I think it's hilarious when people come to the board like they are experts - LOL! Simple routine of cleanse, moisturize, and protect from the sun is the best you can do OTC. Anything else is snake oil. All I can really say is that at least Adrien is entertaining. Most of the other vendors are not and, by coming across so serious, I guess they really are convincing many to buy all of their "active" ingredients. We all seem to fall for it somehow - LOL!

"Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

Page 1 of 1