Just-Reduced Clearance
10 Members and 15307 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

ANYONE TRY : Toppik Hair Building Fibers?

Started 1296679098.76 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1297455166.327 by jewelsluvsbeauty

If yes, how do you like it? How does it make your hair feel? I used another hair thickening powder and it made my hair feel dirty, but people here were ravinging about it. thanks for your help

Page 1 of 1
Shelbelle1296679642.8134705 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Unfortunately for me I need to use this just about everyday. I also use XFusion, same thing, made by same company. I get whatever is the best deal on ebay or amazon at the time. The auburn shade is perfect for me. It is the best thing I have tried to cover my thinning areas. Very simple, just style, shake it in where needed, pat it in, use hairspray. It can get a little messy as far as needing to wipe off the countertop, wipe down your clothes in the shoulder area, but a small price to pay for a real confidence builder. Anymore questions, just let me know, I am happy to help. As far as the hair feeling dirty, does not happen. I usually buy 3 large size cans on ebay for about $80, lasts me a long time. Often, a better deal on XFusion than Toppik, same product.

Last edited on 2/2/2011

Last edited on 2/2/2011

Last edited on 2/2/2011

Alajane1296681473.683287 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Shelbelle, thanks for that response. I had never heard of XFusion until this morning. I was searching for one of those hairline "comb-type" things to make the hairline look more natural with use of Toppik, and XFusion came up in the search along with Toppik.

You said they're made by the same company--wonder if they're in the process of changing from one brand to the other? I've been buying my Toppik at Sally's Beauty Supply--it's a little cheaper than QVC's price and they often have $5 coupons, which makes it a great deal. But now I'll know I can get XFusion if it happens to be a better price in future--I have to buy two colors and mix them because one is too dark and the other too light.

I'm thrilled I learned about Toppik on this board--had never seen a presentation on QVC because I don't actually watch very much unless it's a product I know I'm interest in. Toppik really is a confidence-builder!

Shelbelle1296681838.00734705 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Toppik and XFusion are both made by Spencer Forrest Co. Toppik is sold in stores, as you know. XFusion is only sold to salons and salon owners. That is why there are usually better deals on XFusion on ebay than Toppik, since salon owners get a big discounted price on it, then they turn around and sell it on ebay.

drizzellla1296682774.6971533 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

Never used it but a woman boss, I had used it. She had such thin hair that you could see more of her scalp than her hair. She also frosted her hair. Then she went to stylist who really knew how best to handle her type of hair. They dyed her hair an auburn color and used Toppik - WOW! what a difference. The color of her hair and the Toppik matched exactly and she made a striking presentation. I could not believe what a difference Toppik made and how natural it looked. I hope you have the same positive results.

The bad news is Time Flies
The good news is You are the pilot.

egeria1296688663.8834 PostsRegistered 6/30/2005Henderson, NV

I've been using this for years, but I bought mine directly from their website. Also, I purchased the spray applicator, which makes it much easier to use.

http://www.toppik.com/toppik-spray-applicator.asp

"The Toppik Spray Applicator will dramatically improve the results you see with Toppik from the very first application.

This precision instrument allows you to spray Toppik on, rather than just shaking as before. By using this appliance, you will get an even more natural look...the fibers will disperse more evenly and be directed more precisely. Because of this precision, you will find yourself using significantly less Toppik, making this economical as well."

I bought dark brown for my used-to-be naturally dark brown hair but I still use it even though I now have reddish highlights; it just looks like my root color.

Egeria

BeachParkB­abe1296689920.95538 PostsRegistered 5/27/2010

I actually liked my gray hair coming in because I couldn't see scalp. My natural color is dark brown. I just dyed medium brown and ick now my scalp is showing. I thought I read somewhere to go lighter in shade with this product? Can anyone tell me if the medium brown is a good match for most store box medium browns? I just used a Clairol product that was listed as mediumgolden brown and to me there is so much red in it. I was reading to use a warm shade instead of ash brown to avoid looking ashen. Any gals good with color who can advise a nice medium brown that doesn't look red? Thanks in advance.

Shelbelle1296691074.8134705 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 2/2/2011 BeachParkBabe said:

I actually liked my gray hair coming in because I couldn't see scalp. My natural color is dark brown. I just dyed medium brown and ick now my scalp is showing. I thought I read somewhere to go lighter in shade with this product? Can anyone tell me if the medium brown is a good match for most store box medium browns? I just used a Clairol product that was listed as mediumgolden brown and to me there is so much red in it. I was reading to use a warm shade instead of ash brown to avoid looking ashen. Any gals good with color who can advise a nice medium brown that doesn't look red? Thanks in advance.

A friend ofmine uses the med. brown, looks perfect on her.I use auburn, the med brown is too dark for me and has no red in it. Dont ever buy it from the Toppik website, much cheaper on ebay or amazon, especially for XFusion, shades are exactly the same for both Toppik and XFusion.

Alajane1296698793.18287 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

BeachParkBabe, the colors seem dark to me. My hair has always been light brown but the light brown was MUCH too dark for me. So the next color down, blonde, was too light--that's the advantage of this formulation. I just bought both colors and blended them for a perfect match.

Unfortunately, I'm having a color crisis right now and my blend is the wrong color--I'm going to have to go out in public tomorrow with horrible hair until I can get to Sally's to buy a darker shade! I need some advice on this issue but I'm going to make a separate post instead of thread-jacking yours.

Jane

Alpha1296699166.3271936 PostsRegistered 8/26/2007

Shelbelle, do you use the sprayer thingy? I just tap mine on, but I see lots of those sprayers on the bay so was wondering if they're any good.

jewelsluvs­beauty1296701351.542424 PostsRegistered 1/18/2009

thanks for all your comments

Keli131296703539.567516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006

I use the Toppik with the Toppik sprayer. I am not losing my hair, at least not yet, but I do feel it makes my fine hair look fuller when I disguise my part and fill it in with Toppik. The sprayer helps direct the powder to more specific areas. I have dark blonde hair but the medium brown looks more natural on my scalp than the light brown or blonde.

Alpha1296704074.091936 PostsRegistered 8/26/2007
On 2/2/2011 keli13 said:

I use the Toppik with the Toppik sprayer. I am not losing my hair, at least not yet, but I do feel it makes my fine hair look fuller when I disguise my part and fill it in with Toppik. The sprayer helps direct the powder to more specific areas. I have dark blonde hair but the medium brown looks more natural on my scalp than the light brown or blonde.

thanks keli! i pretty much use it for the same reason and think i'll try the sprayer.

Keli131296705078.5037516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006
On 2/2/2011 Alpha said:
On 2/2/2011 keli13 said:

I use the Toppik with the Toppik sprayer. I am not losing my hair, at least not yet, but I do feel it makes my fine hair look fuller when I disguise my part and fill it in with Toppik. The sprayer helps direct the powder to more specific areas. I have dark blonde hair but the medium brown looks more natural on my scalp than the light brown or blonde.

thanks keli! i pretty much use it for the same reason and think i'll try the sprayer.

Alpha let me know what you think once you get it. I really think you'll like it. It's just a bulb that you press to disperse the powder but it directs the powder to more specific areas and you end up using less powder in the long run.

The sprayer pays for itself easily.

Shelbelle1296770600.22734705 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have never used the atomizer, but my friend said she did no tlike it. She said she much prefers just shaking it on. How does the sifter come off so that the atomizer can be put on, thanks. The atomizer is useable on both Toppik and XFusion, but not on the X large Economy 50 gram sizes.

Keli131296779994.777516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006
On 2/3/2011 Shelbelle said:

I have never used the atomizer, but my friend said she did no tlike it. She said she much prefers just shaking it on. How does the sifter come off so that the atomizer can be put on, thanks. The atomizer is useable on both Toppik and XFusion, but not on the X large Economy 50 gram sizes.

The sifter just screws off and the atomizer screws on in it's plavce. The atomizer is more for peple who want to target exactly where the powder goes. It works great for filling in my part.

HeartsNdia­mondz1296866368.761023 PostsRegistered 1/5/2006

I use it every single day and I love it. I use the auburn. I also use the X Fusion. Same exact thing. First I lightly spray it with the spray that comes with it (but you can use any hairspray). Then I shake whatever amount I need on my thin spot, pat it, then spray it again. It stays on all day. Doesnt run off in the rain.

For added coverage, I may spray my hair with a bit of Fullmore. No one has ever noticed my thin spot. My kids didnt even know I applied it. It looks so natural.

A bit of advice, the light brown is very light. It could be for a blonde.

Shelbelle1296921368.1834705 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I was just looking on amazon, a seller there is selling the atomizer for Xfusion, also works on Toppik for only $9.99 with free shipping. There are also severel reviews on the atomizer posted there, mostly not good ones. One even says her hairdresser prefers not to use the atomizer. Just sprinkle lightly where needed and lightly rub in. I am thinking I will not try it. Then again, that is an awfully good price for it.

You can really get better deals on amazon and ebay on XFusion Fibers than Toppik, mainly because XF is sold only to salons, and the salon owners are selling their excess stock cheap.

If anyone is interested in trying the styling products, just an FYI, XFusion shampoo is sulfate free, Toppik is not.

Last edited on 2/11/2011

Last edited on 2/11/2011

jewelsluvs­beauty1297455166.3272424 PostsRegistered 1/18/2009

bump

Page 1 of 1