Fashion Special Offers
20 Members and 12244 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

SHEER COVER VS. BARE MINERALS

Started 1260233612 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1266519357 by Brabls
replies
For those who have used both, could you tell me what the big differences are? pros and cons----
--
Rhonda

Rhonda

Page 1 of 1
BEgal4life1260234738994 PostsRegistered 3/16/2006Jersey Girl
Hi Rhonda,
I have used both and honestly the only difference I ever noticed was that with SC they have a cream concealor you use prior to applying the minerals.
I used BE for years but when I first started having trouble with it (settling into lines and pores, and not staying on me for more than a few hours) I tried SC hoping it would be better. IMO it was not.
--
~BE user since 99. Blonde hair, hazel (green/gold) eyes, sensitive combo skin, BE Medium, Lauren Hutton AE Pink, love Mally for eyes!~
~42, Mom of 3 BEautiful daughters, 18, 14, and 1~

~*LIVE WELL~LAUGH OFTEN~LOVE MUCH*~

iachick12602370483098 PostsRegistered 9/1/2008
I used to wear Sheer Cover for years and loved it. Unfortunately, now I think both Sheer Cover and Bare Escentuals are more aging for me (probably not a formulation problem but because I'm 52 and my skin is drier).
I have gotten away from mineral powder makeup and my skin looks much fresher and younger.

thecookofd­eath126023970691 PostsRegistered 11/20/2005Poconos
I've used Bare Minerals for years now. Because of price I tried sheer cover. I did not like it as much. I didn't like the colors on me and it didn't "cover" anything. At 43 I'm starting to rethink mineral makeup myself but researched "mineral makeup over 40" and found some tips that are working out so far.
--
Some people are like a slinky, not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Some people are like a slinky, not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Josea92212602931534335 PostsRegistered 11/20/2006
I feel they looked pretty much the same on me. Just different color choices. I don't use either one now. Itch factor and messy application turned me off to any minerals that need to be buffed into the skin.

BESwede12603023576218 PostsRegistered 6/4/2007Colorado
Personally I much prefer Bare Minerals. It's much creamier, a
great coverage, lasts all day and gives me a soft matte finish
that I really like. Sheer Cover did not have as good of a color match for me, got cakey when I tried to build coverage and it
had a rather flat, dry looking finish.
45, very fair, blonde, green eyes, cool "summer" coloring
combination, sensitive skin. Vegetarian

Granny2-41260314828325 PostsRegistered 2/22/2009Texas
I have never used SC,am so pleased with BE,I won't change.At 1st I was so skeptical of using it,but I love it.I think the longer I wear it the better it looks.It doesn't come off,as I thought it would.I never worry about it smearing or needed retouch within the day.

texas annie

jjcaros1260317070173 PostsRegistered 10/21/2009
Hello Rhonda!!!! So i love be but tried sc.Sheer cover is not as finley milled as B.E... When i used the SC and did not really buff it that much onto the brush it went on the face in pieces.There would be a large piece of it stuck on my face. It also does not hacve the same glow that B.ME has..I went back to B.E. and love that one better.

opinionblo­gger12665143266 PostsRegistered 2/3/2010
I have done my own research on this. I went to natural-living-for-women.com. & read some of the reviews on there & list
of Ingredients for each product line.
Sheer Cover has 2 Ingredients In it that are " Low Hazard"
for your skin by their Cosmetic Database. Whereas, all the
Ingredients found In Bare Minerals were found to be good
for your skin.
So, over all, Bare Minerals Is actually better for you. Period.
Plus, SC doesn't have as many shades as BE has or the range of products BE offers either. I also read many complaints about dealing with SC Customer Service that
people didn't like.
Also have some of your noticed In the Ulta stores that BE has at least 2 new foundation shades to match you better? They do.
I always keep the stats In mind.. BE has won at least 38 beauty awards. How many has SC won? BE has a night treatment that actually reduces the size of your pores.
No other makeup can claim that.
BE IS the original. Accept no other Imitations. :-)

Brabls126651935714740 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007
SC doesn't cover much! I have serious red to deal with SC wasn't useless, but close to it, when it came to covering red.

Page 1 of 1