Labor Day Weekend Clearance
160 Members and 12457 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Palovia

Started 1295028677.433 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1338516356.693 by kberly

So I got my Palovia yesterday.... and.... welll.......... OUCH!!!! I used it four times... three on the highest setting... and then once on the lowest. Wow. I was not expecting that. I mean, I guess since it's basically damaging the skin that it has to hurt, but.....OUCH! ;) Maybe I'll get used to it, but ..... OUCH!!!! ;)

Anybody else get yours?

Page 1 of 20
1 2 3 4 ...20Next
5pugmom1295029841.127748 PostsRegistered 2/15/2007

Mine should be here tomorrow or Monday. I am so excited to try it out. They did say on a few of the presentations you would feel a slight zap. I am hoping it's like plucking the eyebrows and you just get used to it. I figure I can brave it a few minutes a day if it works!

How long did it take you to do both eyes?

Quills1295037111.023122 PostsRegistered 8/25/2007Ohio

Received mine yesterday.

I need more practice. I wish there was an instructional live DVD included.

I do have slight swelling and slight brownish small patches of "very lightly crusted" skin on the side of and under my eyes. I look like I had a Dr.'s office peel done, before it completely heals. (Like say, day 6 of the peel healing).

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the worst, the pain level was 5 or me. There is some pain.

I can't imagine how one would do the whole face, though; because I wouldn't know where to begin do all of the stamping on a larger area such as a face.

Please other users, keep me/us updated. :)

Quills1295057832.607122 PostsRegistered 8/25/2007Ohio

2nd time using mine. Anyone experience a moderate swelling? I do. I'll keep trying this product, however.

snowball1295058095.3178434 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I don't notice any swelling but I am looking a lot drier. Are you? This is my 3rd time using it. I noticed the red marks were there a little this morning too and I only do it on three areas of the each eye.

beautydiva1295059834.212156 PostsRegistered 6/20/2006

personally i think all should be really careful with this you could cause scarring, these products are scary unless done by a professional good luck, i bet once you get the hang of it the result will be nice

Deb7771295060032.1836929 PostsRegistered 6/25/2005
On 1/14/2011 beautydiva said:

personally i think all should be really careful with this you could cause scarring, these products are scary unless done by a professional good luck, i bet once you get the hang of it the result will be nice

Im a little afraid of this also..

I dont want to damage the under eye area ..

Would like to hear more reviews though..

thanks for posting your reviews so far !!

Deb

:)

snowball1295060353.9578434 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I actually don't use it under my eye. I just use it on the sides where the crows feet are about to start. I want to nip them before they come.

Alismom1295121532.43776 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

There is a treatment video at http://www.palovia.com/

She is using it right under her eye.

jodhi1295124843.8875 PostsRegistered 1/14/2011

Have you noticed that it's no longer for sale??? What happened?

lyn in MI1295125336.39324373 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 1/15/2011 jodhi said:

Have you noticed that it's no longer for sale??? What happened?

I thought they sold out.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

Poodlepet1295128982.5733342 PostsRegistered 9/21/2006Punta Gorda Florida

I got mine yesterday...and I'm terrified of using it! On the other hand, I had the NuFace for almost 8 months because I was afraid...

I think I'll have a glass of chardonnay prior to treatment!

Poodlepet

lyn in MI1295129118.4224373 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 1/15/2011 Poodlepet said:

I got mine yesterday...and I'm terrified of using it! On the other hand, I had the NuFace for almost 8 months because I was afraid...

I think I'll have a glass of chardonnay prior to treatment!

Poodlepet

That's the very reason I'm not tempted to order one, {#emotions_dlg.scared}.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

hollywoodb­eachgoer1295227109.83183 PostsRegistered 3/21/2007

Today was day two for me.

I am NO stranger to laser treatments; I was born and lived on the beach in the days of NO sunscreen. I purchased the laser because of the price vs. professional treatments.

If you have NEVER HAD LASER treatments before...yes, there is a zap....yes there is a little burn afterwards (like sunburn)...NOW....if you have to go to work the next day....do a little "test" on yourself to see how you will react (ie: have redness/slight swelling etc.).

Here is my experience:

day one...used factory setting of high.....did both eye areas....burned like mild sunburn afterwards (I applied the firmalift product afterwards b/c it has aloe in it....helped me)...went to bed with minor swelling (little boxes around my eyes)

day two.....woke up to see redness (swelling gone, just red)...applied make-up as usual....not a real issue for me but I DID NOT DO A TREATMENT that night (just didn't think my skin could 'handle' it)

day three....now the little boxes that were red are dry and crusty (looked in my 10x mag. mirror).....went ahead and did next treatment this time on med. setting (not as much swelling.....applied the firmalift).....did treatment much faster this time

My thoughts...I'm going to give it a chance...the company has a 60 day money back guar. so I will see what my thoughts are afterwards.....

I too would love to hear how others are doing. Sorry so long, I'm hoping this will help some of you that are afraid to try the product.....

sunnydays ­again1295229992.38771 PostsRegistered 1/1/2011

Hi everyone.

I am new here but wanted to reply. I am fixing to do my 5th treatment tonight. I am starting to see some results. Some of the lines around my eyes, fine lines are starting to be less and disappear some.

It does sting but I just hold my breath and go with it. I use it on high setting. The very first time it felt like sun burn afterwards. I do it at night because it does leave me red. No swelling. My skin that has been treated now is dry looking kind of like skin that is healing after a sunburn. As soon as the treatment is over then I apply my skin care right after. The red is gone by morning. I really think this is going to work. I plan on doing it every day for the 2 months and see how it goes. They say 2 months then 2 or 3 times a week.

Love to hear everyone results too. I tried to post a review with this same information and received and email saying my review was not what they needed basically.

Will keep updating as I go.

snowball1295231572.2338434 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have this too and I also used it on high the first night. OUCH!!! Got a little red but no swelling. Next night I used it on medium. I don't know yet if it is a keeper or not.

Is the return 60 days or 30 from QVC?? I know in the booklet it says a 60 day guarantee, but is the Q's also 60?

Poodlepet1295238011.0733342 PostsRegistered 9/21/2006Punta Gorda Florida

Well, I took the plunge and used it for the first time tonight. It did sting a little, but no worse than what I experienced using this "wrinkle alleviating temporary lift" machine that I bought from HSN several years ago.

I too am experiencing a "sunburn" effect-of all places-on the highest point of my cheekbones, just below my eye sockets.

I had some slight problems with skin contact: I really thought the window was in contact with my skin, but the blue light did not go on-it was strange.

I think common sense has to reign here, and if I am still irritated in the evening by tomorrow, I may cancel tomorrow's treatment....or I may take it down to the lowest level. Actually, I think I will give the company a call and ask them about that. If your skin is really irritated, it makes no sense to assault it with more irritation, but I want to see what their advisors say. I did not get this crepiness overnight and I can have some patience...I guess we will see what happens tomorrow.

Please-all users-keep checking in...this is really an unusual product offered to us for home use-it's mind blowing if you think about this advancement.

Poodlepet

nuttybug1295269404.12325 PostsRegistered 4/1/2006

I"m on day 5 and I think I might have to turn it down to low.My under-eye is very puffy and red this morning!Glad I dont have to go to work today.I can tell that it is working and I will stay with the treatment,I feel like it will all be worth the discomfort in the end.

QQween1295269650.24353 PostsRegistered 9/1/2009

Tonight will be my third treatment. I agree with most everyone that it hurts! I have to hold my breath! It feels like it did when I had Fraxil at the doctor's office years ago. I was surprised at how strong it is. I definately feels like it has to be working because of the strength of the laser. I guess we will see in a few weeks. My second treatment was definately easier to do than the first. Hopefully each one will be less painful too as stated in the instruction booklet, but I don't know. Let's keep this thread going to see how we are all doing with this!

newberry1295299705.0632818 PostsRegistered 8/17/2007So California

Mine is out for delivery.

"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those that mind don’t matter and those that matter don’t mind."

-Dr. Seuss

BarbieGurl1295312657.41356 PostsRegistered 1/17/2011

Day two for me. Yes, it does have a zap to it, but, no pain, no gain! I did a treatment on my husband this morning around 9 and he still has red boxes around his eyes - hahaha!!

The before and after pics on their web page are impressive. I did take pic of my eye area before so, I am hoping the results will be equally as noticable (as their website).

Dr. Denese has a post treatment cream that I may try if it gets too bad, but when I woke up this am, the red boxes were gone - since this is only day two, I am curious to see how it looks in the morning.

Lets keep this update going, I am curious as to everyone else's take on this as well.

Enjoy and happy zapping!!

Keli131295317102.027516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006

I just got my laser tonight. I probably won't do my first treatment until tomorrow night.

Everyone else, continue to keep us posted on your experiences !!!!

NYC Lady1295318919.693 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006

WOW I just read all of your reviews, and I got scared and canceled my order. But, I did order A213089-LightStim For Wrinkles Handheld LED LightDevice that says that it does the same thing, and hopefully without pain. I hope that it does!!!!!! Thanks all for giving your input b/c PaloVia at qvc says "Sold Out" and no reviews.

lyn in MI1295355160.46324373 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 1/17/2011 NYC Lady said:

WOW I just read all of your reviews, and I got scared and canceled my order. But, I did order A213089-LightStim For Wrinkles Handheld LED LightDevice that says that it does the same thing, and hopefully without pain. I hope that it does!!!!!! Thanks all for giving your input b/c PaloVia at qvc says "Sold Out" and no reviews.

There is no pain with LED therapy, however results will take more time.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

snowball1295357028.9038434 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I just read someone's review on this and I will tell you, I don't think this person gave it a chance. She only tried it for 3 days!!! Nothing is going to work in 3 days. I had a laser on my face years ago and the doctor told me that results wouldn't show up until after a few weeks. I just don't understand how someone can post a negative review on this when it clearly says 30 days.

I am still using mine and I will at least give it another 3 weeks before I decide to send it back or not. Besides, is this return a 60 day like the lightstim? I don't recall if it is or not. I have both.

Last edited on 1/18/2011

Last edited on 1/18/2011

5pugmom1295366722.177748 PostsRegistered 2/15/2007

Just used mine for the first time last night. While there was a zap, it was not painful or uncomfortable to me. and the whole thing was so quick and easy, even if there had been a tad bit of pain, it would have been okay. I had some redness around the eye last night. This morning i have one red dot/blotch-but it's about an inch from my eye-so nothing my hair won't cover. I took before pics so i have something to compare to. I intend to give it the full 30 days. I can take 2 minutes a day for 30 days to see if i have a reduction of wrinkles. I felt like Ihad more crepiness under my eyes this morning. Not sure if it was in my head, or part of it. I hope people continue to post their results.

Page 1 of 20
1 2 3 4 ...20Next