Back-in-Stock Fashions
30 Members and 12926 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

If Health is Beauty - W.W. New Points Plus Program

Started 1294265884.38 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1302108272.843 by MarieNJ

I just went back to Weight Watchers (Lifetime Member), and I really like the new Points Plus plan. You can basically eat all the fruit and vegetables you want (until you are satisfied, not stuffed). You use your Points for the other foods you eat.

The program is easy to follow and still very flexible. My first week back I have eaten homemade chicken and dumplings (my own recipie), Domino's Pizza, homemade chicken enchilladas (my recipie), homemade cookies (my recipie), etc. I am not eating pre-packaged foods or modified recipies, and I have lost about 3 or 4 pounds (weigh in tomorrow).

I am having a lot of success, and it is so nice having fruit as my safety net. Plus, I am obviously eating healthier, since I am using fruits as my "go to" snack. I am also including a healthy portion of vegetables during my main meal of the day (supper - that our family sit-down meal together, so it's big).

If any of you are struggling, I really do encourage you to check out the new Weight Watchers program {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Page 1 of 1
glmama1294267287.6519970 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006
Hi-So gllad you're liking the new plan.:) I have done WW a few times with great success (always just a few lbs. shy of my goal, tho). I've read a bit about the new plan and the new way to look at fruit is so smart, IMO. I remember being in meetings and there would be debates about how big an apple was and what points it equalled. Which I always thought was ridiculous. Especially for those members who really were learning an entire new way of eating. No one ever got fat eating apples!

Over 40. Dark hair. Fair, with mild-moderate Rosacea. Finicky skin. Did I mention--Gorgeous? ;)

Nadine1294269197.1771481 PostsRegistered 6/17/2006

Are you going to meetings or doing it online? I've been thinking about online, I've had great sucess with WW before and this new plan sounds good. I'm just not sure how doable it would be online.

5pugmom1294269445.457760 PostsRegistered 2/15/2007

I rejoined 3 weeks ago after a 10 year hiatus and LOVE the new plan! I have lost 9 pounds already. I have tried everything over the last few years and could not lose a pound. I too LOVE the new unlimited fruit and veggies.

Pulled this great recipe from the new "Half Their size" People mag this week. I made it last night and brought to work this morning-and it ROCKS!!!

Slice up an apple (no more than 1/8 inch thick-or they never soften) and toss into sauce pan

add 2 tbsp apple cider

1 tsp brown sugar

cinnamon to your liking and just cook over medium for a few minutes till the apples are tender. then use vanilla yogurt for dipping.

the apple cider was no points

the brown sugar was 15 calories-i didn't even count it.

I got the ff vanilla yogurt and only used a little over a teaspoon for the whole apple for dipping. It is SO good. I am going to make a big pot of this next time to have for the whole week.

It looks like there are a lot of ladies on the boards that are starting. I hope everyone has great success. It really is an awesome, livable program.

dglvr21294271523.78434 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010long island

mmmm...that sounds delish! i just joined again for the millionth time..started friday but had a family crisis,so havent followed very closely..seems like a pretty good plan 2 me..i like ww because you can eat REAL food!

ArRzrbk1294275167.207404 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Arkansas

I know what you are saying about the real food. I think that is so important, and I think this new plan really forces you to make some amazingly good choices. My hope is that it becomes habit, second nature, to reach for the wholesome items. They really are a great program.

I signed up for e-Tool a year or so back and tried to do this on my own. As I said, I am a lifetime member from way back (around 1994). I even worked as a receptionist for them when I lived in DC. I know the program. I know how to work it, but... I needed the accountability of the meetings.

Once you are at lifetime and at goal, you can attend meetings for free - as long as you are within five pounds of your goal (think that's the deal). Members at goal are encouraged to weight in once a month. That is where I went wrong. I should have continued to do that. I think I would have not gained back what I did, if I had kept up that effort to check-in.

I know better now, and I also think the new Points Plus is going to help me make this time permanent. I am an emotional eater, and I love sweets, but... I think there is hope for me {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

seehorse1302048892.5332099 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Lifetime member here, but have to get back on track. I used to use 20-22 points per day.

Would I still have the same amount of points?

froid1302050061.903421 PostsRegistered 11/18/2004
On 4/5/2011 seehorse said:

Lifetime member here, but have to get back on track. I used to use 20-22 points per day.

Would I still have the same amount of points?

The minimum # of daily points under the new Points Plus is 29 BUT just about everything other than fruits/veggies has more points than it used to. You still get 49 extra points weekly.

Dell1302066053.1572359 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006Northern California

WW is an awesome program. You eat real food and learn to make wise choices as you get to your goal. I re-joined WW in May of 2010. I am down a total of 78.2 pounds. Since starting the PointsPlus Program on Dec. 4, 2010, I have lost 17.4 pounds. Besides the wonderful program I love my leader and the members who attend the Saturday morning meeting. I feel it is best to attend a meeting as opposed to doing it on-line. That's my personal opinion as for me I need the human contact, the people to get ideas from, and the opportunity to help others also.

rebel1302087734.685458 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

i am a lifetime member too and i need to get back in order to get back on track.

45, Fair, dry, sensitive skin, DSPW, yellow and neutral undertones, Cannot use "cones" high in ingred. deck, natural blonde wavy hair, blue eyes

Vivian1302089898.2833371 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
I am a lifetime member of WW and returned to meetings after the holidays. I like the idea of having more fruit, although some people are having problems with the word "unlimited." You have to be smart about setting limits. If not, WW will do it eventually. I admit this is not my favorite WW plan because I love my starches and although WW doesn't prohibit any food, the value placed on breads, pastas, etc. is too high for people like me. I've lost weight but I much preferred the old program.

Bikkie1302100747.253942 PostsRegistered 10/7/2009

That sounds like a great tweak to the Points system. My complaint was that I hated "spending" points on fruits even though I considered them a better snack choice than say a 100-calorie snack pack.

Tissyannie1302103621.0236563 PostsRegistered 6/26/2010

I have lost 21.8 pounds since starting Points Plus January 2nd. I am very pleased with my results and also the new program. When I tried WW in past years I was always hungry, and always focused on my next meal. I am not hungry on the new program, and it is my opinion that the new Points Plus is WW best. It is also extremely easy to follow.

I go to prepare a place for you, in my father's house are many mansions.

MarieNJ1302108272.843520 PostsRegistered 9/1/2005NJ/NC
On 1/5/2011 Nadine said:

Are you going to meetings or doing it online? I've been thinking about online, I've had great sucess with WW before and this new plan sounds good. I'm just not sure how doable it would be online.

I have been doing it completely online since the first week of January and have lost 16 pounds. I'm not much of a "meeting person" and I like not having to write stuff down - just plug it into the computer. It has been pretty easy for me and I have not felt deprived at all. You really can eat anything you want, you just have to account for it and stay within your points. I usually eat all my daily points but rarely kill off my weekly bonus points (except when I was on vacation) and you can accrue activity points as well. It has been a very gradual loss for me, which is for the best.

Page 1 of 1