Shoes & Handbags Offers
177 Members and 14417 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Mia clarisonic...how long before results??

Started 1293927320.323 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1294071946.313 by 12andcounting

When should I start to notice results? How often do you use it? I've been using mine every time I wash my face. I don't see any difference {#emotions_dlg.confused1} Please tell me your experiences. Thanks. beanie

Page 1 of 1
Keli131293927498.417516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006

I never saw any difference but then I only used it for two months. Then I returned it.

I should add that I never expected any changes. I thought it was supposed to just clean your face. I found it to be a hassle to use and it really never cleaned my face any better than my cleanser & a washcloth.

What changes are you expecting, smaller pores perhaps?

Last edited on 1/1/2011

Last edited on 1/1/2011

Deb7771293927699.16929 PostsRegistered 6/25/2005

results should be seen right away.. a clean face !

Deb

:)

beanie1293927947.6471392 PostsRegistered 2/14/2007

But it doesn't look any cleaner than when I just wash with my purity made simple. I thought i would "glow"!

Keli131293928054.5537516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006
On 1/1/2011 beanie said:

But it doesn't look any cleaner than when I just wash with my purity made simple. I thought i would "glow"!

Never happened for me. I get a nice glow from exfoliating with AHA and BHA exfoliating pads or a great peel.

Deb7771293928501.0476929 PostsRegistered 6/25/2005
On 1/1/2011 beanie said:

But it doesn't look any cleaner than when I just wash with my purity made simple. I thought i would "glow"!

If it made us glow.. it probably would cost more LOL

:)

Skylands1293928824.1536092 PostsRegistered 5/30/2010

Results are immediately! My face felt wonderfully clean & soft and because it is exfoliating your skin, you have a nice glow. Also, the brush head shows up brown!

Philosophy­Girl221293929437.6532249 PostsRegistered 1/21/2007Central Florida
On 1/1/2011 skylands said:

Results are immediately! My face felt wonderfully clean & soft and because it is exfoliating your skin, you have a nice glow. Also, the brush head shows up brown!

ITA - LOVE my Clarisonic {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} My brush head isn't brown because I wash my face first, but I can absolutely see additional makeup/dirt that my Purity and washcloth missed on the first go around!

beanie1293929489.8071392 PostsRegistered 2/14/2007
On 1/1/2011 skylands said:

Results are immediately! My face felt wonderfully clean & soft and because it is exfoliating your skin, you have a nice glow. Also, the brush head shows up brown!

no brown on my brush....does that mean my face was already clean? guess so, huh?

beanie1293929563.7971392 PostsRegistered 2/14/2007

I want to love it!! Also, does yours shut off after awhile? Does that mean it's time to stop?

poodlpoo1293929778.6574265 PostsRegistered 10/23/2010
On 1/1/2011 keli13 said:

I never saw any difference but then I only used it for two months. Then I returned it.

I should add that I never expected any changes. I thought it was supposed to just clean your face. I found it to be a hassle to use and it really never cleaned my face any better than my cleanser & a washcloth.

What changes are you expecting, smaller pores perhaps?

Last edited on 1/1/2011

Yes, I was going to say the same....what results are you expecting from a machine that is just to "clean" your face?

millieshops1293930141.60314622 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

I don't know how long it took for me to notice the Clarisonic had made a difference, but all of a sudden I was receiving compliments on my skin that I hadn't heard for years. I, too, had thought my skin was as clean as it could get but now my pores are definitely cleaner and smaller looking and my skin just looks younger. I'm already 69 so that's quite an accomplishment!

Philosophy­Girl221293971338.692249 PostsRegistered 1/21/2007Central Florida
On 1/1/2011 beanie said:

I want to love it!! Also, does yours shut off after awhile? Does that mean it's time to stop?

Don't expect "brown" if you're already cleansing before you use it. You can definitely see a slight change in color in the brush because of the deep cleaning. And yes, it does shut off on its own but I sometimes use two or even three cycles just because I love it so much Smile

beanie1293979021.5671392 PostsRegistered 2/14/2007
On 1/2/2011 PhilosophyGirl22 said:
On 1/1/2011 beanie said:

I want to love it!! Also, does yours shut off after awhile? Does that mean it's time to stop?

Don't expect "brown" if you're already cleansing before you use it. You can definitely see a slight change in color in the brush because of the deep cleaning. And yes, it does shut off on its own but I sometimes use two or even three cycles just because I love it so much Smile

ok....so my questions have been answered. Thanks.

Bella HS1293996032.098076 PostsRegistered 12/17/2007East Hampton, NY
On 1/1/2011 beanie said:

When should I start to notice results? How often do you use it? I've been using mine every time I wash my face. I don't see any difference {#emotions_dlg.confused1} Please tell me your experiences. Thanks. beanie

What are you expecting it to do for you? I've used my clarisonic for better and deeper cleansing and that's what it is sold to do. It's not sold as a substitute to dermatological procedures

grits31293996982.12398 PostsRegistered 4/13/2007

I sent mine back-- I had ordered the reg one last year at Christmas and didn't even open it-- just sent it back-- this year I ordered the last Mia TSV-- used it twice after I cleaned my face w/ purity and the Mia didn't get anything else off-- I had seen before on the boards to just buy a baby brush-- so I sent back the Mia and went to Walmart and bought a baby brush for less than $2- Glad most people love theirs but it just wasn't for me-- at least now I won't be tempted to purchase it anymore{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Subject1293997130.5811269 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007

I think you are confused if you expect a big difference. This washes your face. That's it. At first if you have clogged dirty pores from a dirty washcloth routine or something you may see your skin clear up. But, other than that- it is not a miracle brush or anything. I have good skin- I use the clarisonic but it does not make my good skin better.

.

Jackie61293997435.24992 PostsRegistered 5/5/2007

You know what? I was thinking the same thing! I have been using this for 3 weeks and see no difference than when I just used the washcloth.rson who says they wash their face before using it excuse me but that's the dumbest thing I ever heard. What is the point to that? They also say on TV that you do glow after using it. No glow for me baby. One more week and it's going back. Can't justify that kind of money for a motorized face cleaner. A 50 cent washcloth does the trick! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

sassy lady1294004881.53181 PostsRegistered 4/11/2007CA

I don't have the mia, I have the nutrasonic. I love mine, I'd keep it just to use on the back of my hands. My hands were starting to get that old, dry look, now they're soft and look 10 years younger! I do use it on my face too, just don't notice as much of a difference there.

sassylady

“Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.”

PBJ1294029634.5976821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007
On 1/2/2011 Jackie6 said:

You know what? I was thinking the same thing! I have been using this for 3 weeks and see no difference than when I just used the washcloth.rson who says they wash their face before using it excuse me but that's the dumbest thing I ever heard. What is the point to that? They also say on TV that you do glow after using it. No glow for me baby. One more week and it's going back. Can't justify that kind of money for a motorized face cleaner. A 50 cent washcloth does the trick! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Are you using the Clarisonic as a makeup remover or for skin issues? Cleansing, pores, fine lines, etc? If you're using it for the latter it makes perfect sense to remove at least some of the makeup and have the Clarisonic work against your skin. Why swirl around makeup for a minute? Why push makup into your pores with sonic vibrations? Please don't tell me you're swirling around a bunch of concealer, foundation, powder, blush, bronzer, primer, moisturizer and eyecream then expecting your face to become clean. This may sound harsh but that sounds DUMB to me.

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iwilltakee­asypay1294053197.18487 PostsRegistered 4/29/2009Maine

I love My Mia.. I could see results in the first few times I used it and it just gets better..

Really cleans my face ..nice and soft after use.. my pores look smaller.. I had some acne scars on the side of my face and they are gone..

I cant say enough good things about it.. was the best money I ever spent and I would buy it again in a heart beat... I do take my eye make up off first and rinse my face with water then I use my mia .. It has done alot of good things for my skin so far.. I only use Cetsphil for cleanser..

Grade1Teach1294054582.04710239 PostsRegistered 12/2/2007Long Island

I saw results after the first day!

Some of my dead skin was peeling off - I also saw my rosacea clear up for the most part.

I still get some minor breakouts here and there, but they aren't anything like they used to be. Little spots clear up super fast for me now!

beanie1294063607.4331392 PostsRegistered 2/14/2007
On 1/2/2011 sassy lady said:

I don't have the mia, I have the nutrasonic. I love mine, I'd keep it just to use on the back of my hands. My hands were starting to get that old, dry look, now they're soft and look 10 years younger! I do use it on my face too, just don't notice as much of a difference there.

wow...I hadn't thought about the back of my hands. Do any of you ladies who have the mia use it on your hands as well?? I have decided to keep my Mia because I do like the way my skin feels after. Thanks and Happy New Year!

BESwede1294071879.1676218 PostsRegistered 6/4/2007Colorado

Clarisonic did absolutely nothing for my skin, which is why I returned mine. Dermatologist later told me they see a lot of issues with breakouts, broken capilleries and tissue damage due to Clarisonic and other similiar appliances so I was glad I didnt use it too long. Personally I get very clean and fresh skin using a soft, clean washcloth and gentle BufPuf ever few days. Much easier, quicker, can be easily sterilized, easy for travel and far less $$$ !

47, very fair, blonde, green eyes, cool "summer" coloring. Combination/sensitive skin. Vegetarian

Last edited on 1/3/2011

Last edited on 1/3/2011

12andcount­ing1294071946.3134485 PostsRegistered 2/16/2009

I never saw any results from the Clarisonic, so I returned it.

Page 1 of 1