Dooney & Bourke
107 Members and 16274 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Ice Elements - anyone mad?

Started 1293892892.56 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1294264147.733 by LovemyHusky

I saw that HSN had Ice Elements on and just made me mad - how Shelley and Frankie scammed everyone about the half-off pricing for members. Now they have a different website and no membership.

I can't watch Shelley any more - very disappointed.

Page 1 of 2
babs1293895277.7471006 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004ny

As a former IE user & former 'member', no inclination to watch/root for them anymore.

They were decent, basic products in the days when I bought them *but* I was severely disappointed when they went the infomercial route.

I moved on & never even used my 'membership'. As a gesture of goodwill they *did* refund my 'membership' fee.

babs :-)

babyb1293899533.7174690 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006SD

I have moved on. I have tried to remove my name from their mailing list and it just does not happen. The bad taste in my mouth from things that happened with Shelly and Frankie just does not allow me to use this line anymore. That is my personal opinion as I know they still have a loyal following.

ElvisShops1293902036.8074713 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007

I remember seeing IE on HSN quite a bit years ago. Seems like they did have a solid following there. I don't use IE and don't know anything about the membership stuff, but were they bought out by someone or did they partner with a bigger company? If so, sometimes the new owner or partner implements changes that the original players can do nothing about. Don't know if that's what happened here. I'm just tossing the possibility out there.

“When I feed the hungry, they call me a saint. When I ask why people are hungry, they call me a Communist.”
― Dom Hélder Pessoa Câmara, Brazilian archbishop

Make Up Ma­iden1293903624.71508 PostsRegistered 7/22/2010

A short while ago, Ice Elements joined the Guthy-Renker family of products .. as has Sheer Cover (Leeza Gibbons-back at HSN now), Principal Secret (Victoria Principal), Meaningful Beauty (Cindy Crawford), Youthful Essence & Malibu Pilates (Susan Lucci), WEN (Chaz Dean), ProActive, and Natural Advantage (Jane Seymore). Shortly after joining there, Ice Elements closed their popular BB, stopped their paid membership club, but still remained with HSN.

I used to be an "Ice Elements" paid member, and I think the IE club really saved me money ...

I love love their 2 Minute Miracle gentle gel exfoliator, nothing like it that I know of. I love their Radiance Skin Souffle (altho VERY strong for my tough skin), and used to like their Eye Cream before they kept changing the formula but continued to use the same outward bottle appearance. Now I have no idea which formula is in their same bottle, but thank goodness, I have a stockpile of that original effective formula Their Vitamin C product and lip exfoliator were TERRIFIC i thought, but appears no longer made. {#emotions_dlg.sad}Others of their product literally burned holes in my skin so I had to be careful with my choices.

♥†♥ “Sticks alone can be broken by a child. but sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.” ♥†♥

poppinfresh1293909249.057681 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

Made me angry also. I have no idea how they can show their faces and continue to pull the wool (so to speak) over peoples eyes after all of the hurtful things they have done, written and said to the people that put them on the map. Maybe they thought we would all forget, but surprise{#emotions_dlg.laugh} That aint gonna happen...just sayin{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Papa J1293911237.15732 PostsRegistered 5/21/2010mamaaandme@live.com

I can't really say it makes me mad. As a former paid club member...disappointed, yes. But I still ordered the 2MM on A/S from HSN. I can't live without that product, as there is nothing else on the market like it.

Sometimes you need to make business decisions that you would rather not. Whatever. There is also a way to handle new policies with your loyal customers. Again, whatever.

I'm just glad I can still get the 2MM.

From Baby to Papa...still the same J.

RedConvert­ibleGirl1293911546.72314527 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

No, it doesn't make me mad. I don't feel they scammed anyone. They had to discontinue the program when they partnered with Guthey-Renker.

Last edited on 1/1/2011

Last edited on 1/1/2011

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

Woodsy Wom­an1293911717.2634227 PostsRegistered 8/27/2007

Is it just me or did Shelly look like she had some work done ? Her eyes look very refreshed. She looks great either way, I still use 2MM and that's it.

~~ The world is a wonderful place and everyone should shut up and enjoy it every once in a while. ~~

Keli131293911984.1537516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006

I was never mad because I never cared for most of their products. The only product I ever liked was their 2MM exfoliator which I still use from time to time. I've only ever bought it from HSN not from Ice Elements directly.

I do think if I would have been more involved with the company and their products directly I might have been Po'd a bit.

ProductGuy1293912694.127474 PostsRegistered 6/15/2006
It's just speculation on my part, but I'm not sure the Guthy-Renker deal worked out for IE. There's no longer any mention of GR on the IE site, and when you visit myiceelements dot com, the IE site that belonged to Guthy-Renker, it says Ice Elements is no longer available.

seehorse1293914721.182106 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Haven't seen any infomercial as yet. Maybe I missed it. Maybe it fell through. Maybe that's why they're back on HSN.

Hindsight I could have used my membership to better advantage, but like you all are saying, I'll "Move On." Good advice. It was just that I hadn't seen them in a long time on HSN, and was watching for the infomercial and now they're back.

Business decisions need to be made. But people remember how they are treated by a company. WE get to choose with whom we're going to spend our money.

toodles111293915310.007687 PostsRegistered 12/6/2010

I thought she had some work done, but didn't mention it because I didn't want to sound "snarky".

I did like the 2mm but I've got plenty of it in my closet.

I've had issues with quality control on some of the products. The products, for the most part, just aren't that impressive. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

emerald1293915860.657598 PostsRegistered 4/20/2007

Yes, it seems like the GR partnership flopped.

I used their products for a while, they were nothing special. The 2MM was OK, but it was too fussy to use, & wouldn't work unless I waited for my skin to be bone dry.

MissButter­cup1293916113.4772118 PostsRegistered 10/23/2010

I know nothing about this line but I tried that two minute miracle stuff once and it was exactly the same as the restorative enzyme peel from Aloette which I got from ebay for about $20 shipped. For people who seem disgruntled with this company the Aloette product is the same thing....balls up and dead skin rolls off your face.

Woodsy Wom­an1293916121.484227 PostsRegistered 8/27/2007
On 1/1/2011 toodles11 said:

I thought she had some work done, but didn't mention it because I didn't want to sound "snarky".

I did like the 2mm but I've got plenty of it in my closet.

I've had issues with quality control on some of the products. The products, for the most part, just aren't that impressive. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Hi Toodles !!

Not being snarky here, just saying what I saw. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Have a great day !!!

~~ The world is a wonderful place and everyone should shut up and enjoy it every once in a while. ~~

finally1293916721.753187 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007

I am not mad either. Best 20 bucks I ever spent because it saved me hundreds for the time I used it. I also appreciated the fact that they gave us notice of closing so I stocked up. I think Shelly looked the same-just plain good.

I watched the show with Bill. I think he is great.

firstclass­intl1293918318.613006 PostsRegistered 1/15/2006

Wait, are they no longer a part of Guthy Renker's roster????? When did that happen? I only caught the infomercial once a few months ago...

Wildapple1293919286.733773 PostsRegistered 11/17/2008Down Home

With a gazillion skincare companies out there you can't bite the hand that feeds you and expect to survive. My prediction; 10 years from now Ice Who????? JMHO.

toodles111293919631.803687 PostsRegistered 12/6/2010

I didn't mean to call you "snarky". There have just been many times that I've seen her and thought that she looked different. Like after her nose surgery, I thought that there were more changes than just her nose. Everyone always said how good she looked, so I didn't mention it. I can't stand when people are selling beauty products and make you think that the products did all of that work, and that they didn't have anything done. So I didn't mention it because "nobody would ever have any work done on their face".

poppinfresh1293919902.13681 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

I just did a search on Guthey Renker, and no mention of IE at all. Wonder if "The Email" got to GR. Most likely that would have made GR take a second look at who they were dealing with.

ProductGuy1293920426.863474 PostsRegistered 6/15/2006
Ice Elements was never listed on the Guthy-Renker site. The infomercial was still in limited test markets. It was the beginning of November when the IE site I mentioned previously (the one for the GR version of IE) said Ice Elements was no longer available, and it was at that same time that the name Guthy-Renker disappeared from the original IE site. My guess is GR makes business decisions based on dollars, not that bizarre email written by one of the owners.

mommicat1293921225.33265 PostsRegistered 2/6/2007
On 1/1/2011 ProductGuy said: Ice Elements was never listed on the Guthy-Renker site. The infomercial was still in limited test markets. It was the beginning of November when the IE site I mentioned previously (the one for the GR version of IE) said Ice Elements was no longer available, and it was at that same time that the name Guthy-Renker disappeared from the original IE site. My guess is GR makes business decisions based on dollars, not that bizarre email written by one of the owners.

Yes, I would guess that the limited test marketing of the infomercial didn't produce the sales that they were hoping for, and they (GR) made the business decision to scrap the whole thing.

Also, I looked at the IE stock currently on HSN, and there's nothing new, no new kits, limited inventory, except for that new "activator" product.

Woodsy Wom­an1293921801.3834227 PostsRegistered 8/27/2007
On 1/1/2011 toodles11 said:

I didn't mean to call you "snarky". There have just been many times that I've seen her and thought that she looked different. Like after her nose surgery, I thought that there were more changes than just her nose. Everyone always said how good she looked, so I didn't mention it. I can't stand when people are selling beauty products and make you think that the products did all of that work, and that they didn't have anything done. So I didn't mention it because "nobody would ever have any work done on their face".

I didn't take that way, I totally knew what you meant. ITA with your post, I hate it when they say I have done nothing but I have had Botox etc, etc, etc. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Make Up Ma­iden1293922456.57508 PostsRegistered 7/22/2010

Wow .. I didn't dig deeply enough to see what appears to be the split between G-R and "Ice Elements." < link > It indeed does look like the Guthy Renker-Ice Elements didnt work out.

Thank goodness IE doesnt seem to have cut their ties with HSN, like Sheer Cover seems to have done in the past. I was situated well with Sheer Cover A/S's with HSN, when they discontinued all my Sheer Cover A/S's (when Sheer Cover went to G-R), now Sheer Cover is back to HSN and I've lost some of my enthusiasm for them.

My IE 2MM A/S was not discontinued with HSN this whole time (altho the Eye Cream duo was D/c'd (and back now).

MAYBE IE WILL RETURN US BACK INTO THAT IE MEMBERSHIP CLUB AGAIN under the original paid membership, and offer the same prices & perks as before (ex free S&H -- free IE products occasionally)!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} That would certainly make me be "not mad." heh

♥†♥ “Sticks alone can be broken by a child. but sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.” ♥†♥

toodles111293923596.83687 PostsRegistered 12/6/2010

Kind of like some of those TV shows where it was all just a really bad dream and it never really happened? lol

Page 1 of 2