Spring & Summer Beauty
87 Members and 13544 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

La Mer

Started 1293021699.94 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1293547833.17 by smhr66

I just started using their lip balm, and it is amazing not only for lips, but cuticles! I want to try more of their products, but would love input on any of the products if you use them. I do get allergic reactions to many brands, so want to be sure before I invest imn more, it is not cheap! Thanks ladies.

Page 1 of 1
shell1293023673.297297 PostsRegistered 4/11/2005California

I use the eye concentrate in the morning and the original La Mer cream around my eyes at night, and I have to say that being over 40 I have no visible signs of aging around my eyes. Both products are FABULOUS!!!

There are no stupid questions just stupid people - South Park

gardensla1293024827.67317969 PostsRegistered 9/7/2006Los Angeles, CA

I have been using the cream for at least 15 years. I don't know how it works, or why it works and I am sure someone will shortly chime in to tell us that it's overpriced vasaline and we're idiotic brand-slaves. What I can say is that I have no wrinkles, no lines, and very even skintone. Every now and then I get seduced by a PTR or Perricone TSV but always go right back to my La Mer. I have not tried the serum but you have now reminded me and I think I see a trip to the mall in my future!

Please do ask for a sample before trying as this product is very rich and for some can cause breakouts.

I am a huge fan and hope you will be too.

"Every important mistake I've made in my life, I've made because I was too tired." Bill Clinton

battyoldbr­oad1293025558.011206 PostsRegistered 6/19/2010

laMer eye cream is the BEST EVER! A small pot is over $100 but it lasts and lasts! It is my one splurge that I won't give up. It is the one product (and I've tried tons and tons of them) that you can actually SEE the difference - within minutues of applying and also throughout the day.

Used to use their other products too but retirement income won't accept too many splurges.

snowleopard1293026390.271089 PostsRegistered 4/12/2008

Another fan of creme de la Mer. It's my HG daytime moisturizer that I wear under my SPF. Also use the awesome lip balm, and the Concentrate. (One bottle of that lasts me at least 2 years, probably more. Incredible for healing just about anything - marks, blemishes, etc.) I use LaMer only in the daytime; at night I use only prescription Renova. That combo, for me, has been incredible.

I agree with gardensla, ask for samples! Any LaMer counter will happily provide.

Last edited on 12/22/2010

Last edited on 12/22/2010

beautydiva1293030325.1072150 PostsRegistered 6/20/2006

i love this over priced vasiline. ALSO Prices are going up on Jan 1st thats what my counter at nordstroms told me 1oz cream is 130 will be $150

Shelbelle1293030794.8532810 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I was just going to ask if the mega bucks is worth it for glorified Vaseline???

caf in va1293043724.189 PostsRegistered 5/30/2007

Thanks ladies, I am going to my Nordie's tomrrow to check out some other products.

I have been using Philosphy and some Perricone.Ii have been blessed with great skin, but at 63 I would still like to see the skin I've always had for as long as I can. This aging thing chanes the way a product works, and theother products just aren't doing it. If it lasts as long as you say it is a good investment.

Have you found a ny good deals on it online?

Tricolor1293063471.8674934 PostsRegistered 4/19/2010Pittsburgh Suburbs

This line definitely has an awesome face cream for dry skin. It is expensive and does have petrolatum in it. Therefore, many people would shy away from it. I find this cream to be super moisturizing and my makeup glides on and stays fresh looking for hours. I currently only have samples on hand. I did not invest in it this year. When the warmer months come, I do not wear it. Well now that beautydiva mentioned that the price is going up I probably will never be able to buy it again. It used to sell for $99 and then the price increased, but I will not pay $150.

64 years old
Retired RMA
Dry medium skintone
Blonde highlights
Dry thick coarse hair

blahblahva­mpemerblah1293065308.195988 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

It amazes me that people so readily believe the bad hype about mineral oil/petrolatum. The reason it's in this product, and any good moisturizer, is simply because it's the best thing since sliced bread beauty wise. Derms and plastic surgeons love the stuff because it works, it's cheap, and you'll have to go a long, long way to find someone that is truly allergic. To top it off, it's not comedogenic.

I love the lip balm, and the eye concentrate is terrific.

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. ~John Burroughs

Shelbelle1293066636.15332810 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

All day today on HSN the Korres rep touted that her products contain no mineral oil or petro, not everyone is wowed by them.

UMTerpFan1293107879.6071569 PostsRegistered 3/26/2010

I love the lip balm and for combination skin, the moisturizing gel cream is great. I am almost finished with a jar of the gel cream and it lasts about 10 months. I also love their hand cream and foaming cleanser. I'd suggest asking for samples and make sure to use it like they recommend. You have to warm up the cream by rubbing between fingers and then tap it into your skin. Otherwise they say the actives in it won't be activated.

UMTerpFan1293108078.21569 PostsRegistered 3/26/2010
On 12/22/2010 foxy21 said:

laMer eye cream is the BEST EVER!

Which one do you like? The new eye balm intense or the eye concentrate? I have the concentrate and am not convinced it's done anything and was considering switching to the eye balm intense.

claudia__a­nne1293109257.89312395 PostsRegistered 2/4/2010
On 12/22/2010 Shelbelle said:

All day today on HSN the Korres rep touted that her products contain no mineral oil or petro, not everyone is wowed by them.

Not everyone is wowed by Korres. It's worthless on Ebay to sell, but La Mer on the other hand is priceless.

Not every product is for everyone and not every product is in every one's budget either.

It's wonderful that we all have choices but think it's unfair to always have to put down another brand, especially brands we have never tried before.

blahblahva­mpemerblah1293163963.075988 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I don't know if it's still available, but yesterday I got a La Mer bonus and free shipping when I picked up the lip balm.

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. ~John Burroughs

tessan1293167523.691211 PostsRegistered 8/11/2007
On 12/22/2010 gardensla said:

I have been using the cream for at least 15 years. I don't know how it works, or why it works and I am sure someone will shortly chime in to tell us that it's overpriced vasaline and we're idiotic brand-slaves. What I can say is that I have no wrinkles, no lines, and very even skintone. Every now and then I get seduced by a PTR or Perricone TSV but always go right back to my La Mer. I have not tried the serum but you have now reminded me and I think I see a trip to the mall in my future!

Please do ask for a sample before trying as this product is very rich and for some can cause breakouts.

I am a huge fan and hope you will be too.

I'm not offended by petrolatum, but I did get a sample of la mer, and didn't finish the sample. didn't like it. on the other hand my sister loves it. I'd love to see a picup close. do you have amazing genetics?

firstclass­intl1293201395.5033006 PostsRegistered 1/15/2006

I love love love La Mer. The original creme is my go to product when my skin is acting up or being dry due to Tazorac. The Gel Cream is fantastic for me year round. Love the Concentrate for the face and the new serum. My ultimate favorite products are: tinted fluid in medium, face refiner, body refiner, lip balm.

I miss the original Eye Balm. I never liked the Eye Concentrate. The Eye Balm Intense is nice though...

battyoldbr­oad1293545474.7731206 PostsRegistered 6/19/2010
On 12/23/2010 UMTerpFan said:
On 12/22/2010 foxy21 said:

laMer eye cream is the BEST EVER!

Which one do you like? The new eye balm intense or the eye concentrate? I have the concentrate and am not convinced it's done anything and was considering switching to the eye balm intense.

I love the eye balm intense - haven't tried the concentrate. I've tried so many other eye creams (offered on the Q and in stores) and keep returning to LaMer.

LipstickDi­va1293546025.11335245 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

Petrolatum and mineral oil got a very bad rap IMO by a lot of people who know nothing about ingrediants. The myth about how bad they are just kept getting perpetuated and pretty soon everyone thought these ingrediants were horrible. No they aren't for everyone but as someone with dry skin, these ingrediants serve me well as a moisturizer.

What I will say though is they are very, very cheap ingrediants to put in something which makes the price of La Mer absurd. But if it works, then I guess that's all that matters.

As an aside, I have read over and over and over again that Wei East's White Lotus Moonlight Recovery cream is identical in ingrediants to La Mer for a fraction of the cost. Right now you can buy it on HSN for $19.98 for 2 jars. I've not tried the moonlight recovery but I have used the White Lotus Daylight Perfection and it is awesome.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

LipstickDi­va1293546120.48335245 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

Isn't this the cream that you have to apply differently? You almost have to pat it into your skin rather than rub it in like a traditional moisturizer? Or am I thinking of something else?

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

smhr661293547833.172384 PostsRegistered 9/5/2010Laid Back and Mellow Small Town USA
On 12/22/2010 Shelbelle said:

I was just going to ask if the mega bucks is worth it for glorified Vaseline???

This also follows under the placebo effect. Sorry...{#emotions_dlg.sad}.

mature, dry, sensitive, makeup optional skin. keep it healthy with NIA24, MD Forte, physical sunscreen and Fancl cleanser.

Page 1 of 1