Contributor

Peri-menopause/menopause and Hair Changes

I'll be 52 in Feb., and have not had any regular cycles in the past year. (Skip month, then ok, then skip a couple). I've also notice in the last couple months, I get really warm every now and then - like I've been working out. (And, I'm always cold).

Couple weeks ago, went to my hairdresser. (Usually every 6-8 for root touch ups/trim). She asked what was up with my hair. Has changed since the last time. She says I'm not losing any, but the texture is totally different. I have below shoulder length, long layers. I have a LOT of hair, and it has kind of a wave, fine-medium. I've used WEN for 3 years. In the last month, I started the Remoist treatments, weekly. I've noticed my hair seems rather limp in the last month or more. I asked if it could be product, worried about my WEN! She said no, the texture was different. I haven't had color run thru it in months, but she said that wasn't it. She kept asking if I was under stress, or any thyroid problems. Had just seen the Dr. for my yearly, and he had mentioned all ok, even thyroid. (I didn't know he even ckd that). She thinks it may be either stress, or menopause. Great. I didn't realize I could have hair issues. What kind of changes am I in for with my hair? What have any of you other ladies noticed?