TSV(R) Preview
33 Members and 10664 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Tova is gone, let's start a search for similar fragrances!!

Started 1292459639.28 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1292697020.55 by streetangel

Ok ladies, heard on another thread that Tova is definitely gone. I absolutely love the original Tova Nights and even used Q's cheapened version. For the fragrance experts out there, can you start to lead us to similar fragrances? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tova Nights is the only fragrance that works with my chemistry, I'm so bummed. Ugh!{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Page 1 of 1
autumn221292459778.0395 PostsRegistered 9/6/2005

Oh, heard that PSS has a Tova Dupe maybe that will help out some of you.

Wish she offered Tova Nights but no luck.

mommicat1292465986.053264 PostsRegistered 2/6/2007

I just tried a mister sample of the PSS Tova dupe, and I kind of like it. I have never even smelled any of the original versions though. Do any of the Tova experts know if the PSS is close?

Jannabelle1292466143.99717629 PostsRegistered 1/13/2008

I miss Body, Mind and Spirit. I loved it, but the last time I bought it smelled bad, like it was really old, I didn't buy it from the Q.

No longer a bug! ; )

ROMARY1292466251.68315745 PostsRegistered 4/28/2010

I would type in: tova nights on Google search. I believe you can still find it at various sites.

Yellow Rose

kal1292468277.5632440 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007

Gone as in no longer sold on QVC or out of business gone?

kal1292468349.262440 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007
kal1292468475.672440 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007

Beautyencounter.com currently has Tova nights. No telling for how long:

http://www.beautyencounter.com/tovanights33w.html?search

sunnyskies11292469409.437327 PostsRegistered 4/8/2006

The original Tova Nights was hands down my all time favorite fragrance!

It was just perfect in every way. I miss it so much and have never been able to find a scent that beautiful. I purchased it recently from I think it was fragrance.net or something like that, hoping that it might be the origianl formula. It was unfortunetely not the original Tova Nights but the cheapened down version that was being sold. I can't stand the smell of that. To me it isn't even remotely the same and I can't wear it.

It is my understanding that Tova sold her company to the Q. I think these fragrances are gone forever. If I had only known they would change that formula I would have purchased a case of it back in the day. (like most of us I'm sure).

rudy1292470132.3972171 PostsRegistered 1/8/2005
On 12/15/2010 mommicat said:

I just tried a mister sample of the PSS Tova dupe, and I kind of like it. I have never even smelled any of the original versions though. Do any of the Tova experts know if the PSS is close?

No, not at all.

baby burns1292472914.6178793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

i think, after all the complaints about tova, that her sales dropped allot, and so guess they both decided to hang it up. it always happens like that, gets a bad reputation about your scents, then whats the use to keep making them. i feel very sad, i ordered her scent, way before qvc was even on tv. i'am sure it hurt her alot. so i do not think we will have it hear, maybe somewhere else, we can order it, but thats not going to help qvc here on this station.

azqfan1292473228.2833511 PostsRegistered 10/24/2004

If QVC purchased Tova's company several years ago then I doubt if it will be showing up anywhere soon. Tova was just a spokesperson the past few years but it is still sad that her legacy was tarnished by the watering down of the original formula.

4doggies1292503346.9473501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

To me, Marilyn Miglin's "Goddess" smells somewhat like Body Mind and Spirit--at least this is what I recall from a while back. Has anyone smelled both? I may be wrong, but I think they both had somewhat of a fruity 'incense' (but not in an overpowering way) scent.

Shay1292505608.421239 PostsRegistered 9/8/2005

Well, it's not like Tova at all, but it has those clean yet sexy notes to it -- Michael Kors. I found it at Cosmetics Company Store, too, at a slight discount! =)

This one http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=WQTTCHLD3U2KYCV0KQNRPIQ?id=P9008&categoryId=C13030

Judaline1292507094.56715463 PostsRegistered 8/26/2006street of dreams

I have heard that Serious Skin Care has one called Feather that is very similar. I also like China Musk. Spot on.

bellamack1292514233.263632 PostsRegistered 11/12/2009

The PSS doesn't smell like Tova at all. sorry.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

50's, fair skin with pink undertones, freckles when young, dry to normal and a little sensitive. Dark brown straight hair, sometimes highlighted (very lightly)

Daysdee1292516327.58718749 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

I'm sure Q had so many returns since they changed the scent of Tova Signature, etc. Then she brought out all the ones with new names -- Platinum, Summer Tova, etc. and posters have said none were like the original. (I still have some original left.) It's a shame. Her cosmetic line was wonderful too.

Southern F­ried Chick1292518555.7237044 PostsRegistered 11/17/2007

I'm thinking that Pheromone by Marilyn Miglin (HSN). I'm liking this fragrance almost as much as Tova's original.

Also, as much as I like most PSS fragrances, the dupe of Tova does NOT come close. I don't like it at all.

Southern Fried Chick

MotleyCrue­4EVA1292519611.8673096 PostsRegistered 7/17/2009South of Baltimore
On 12/15/2010 azqfan said:

If QVC purchased Tova's company several years ago then I doubt if it will be showing up anywhere soon. Tova was just a spokesperson the past few years but it is still sad that her legacy was tarnished by the watering down of the original formula.

I personally think she should never have sold it to begin with; why ruin such a good thing?

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option"

Love to re­ad1292519892.281681 PostsRegistered 11/3/2008Southern Indiana
On 12/16/2010 Judaline said:

I have heard that Serious Skin Care has one called Feather that is very similar. I also like China Musk. Spot on.

I have to say that I don't think Feather smells very much like Tova. It's a pleasant scent, but very, very light and I'd say that musk is the dominant note. Tova has much more staying power and it smells much "sharper" to me. I'd choose Tova hands down over Feather.

Seniorhott­ie1292572367.0742 PostsRegistered 11/19/2010

Dear Beauties, I started a thread about Tova's BMS and Nirvana mixed together 50/50 . It is fabulous. I am only deluding myself that these frag's will ever return. I get on Amazon and Ebay. Fragrance is all about body chemistry. Nothing else. When your man tells you you smell so good and nuzzles your neck, wow!!!! Thats as good as it gets.If you find a similar frag. let us know. Sitting on my lanai in Kona, Hawaii with the waves crashing and surrounded by candlelite. I am so lucky and so much in love at 68.

marky1292640590916 PostsRegistered 1/6/2007
On 12/16/2010 4doggies said:

To me, Marilyn Miglin's "Goddess" smells somewhat like Body Mind and Spirit--at least this is what I recall from a while back. Has anyone smelled both? I may be wrong, but I think they both had somewhat of a fruity 'incense' (but not in an overpowering way) scent.

I agree 4doggies. After I read your post, I smelled both. I have a tiny amount of BMS left so I compared the two. They are very similar. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I had recently purchased the MMiglin sampler set and hadn't really had a chance to wear the Goddess so I hadn't notice the similarity. I sure wish that the Tova fragrances and skincare were still around!!!



streetangel1292697020.556373 PostsRegistered 12/19/2007Near Harrisburg, PA
On 12/17/2010 Seniorhottie said:

Dear Beauties, I started a thread about Tova's BMS and Nirvana mixed together 50/50 . It is fabulous. I am only deluding myself that these frag's will ever return. I get on Amazon and Ebay. Fragrance is all about body chemistry. Nothing else. When your man tells you you smell so good and nuzzles your neck, wow!!!! Thats as good as it gets.If you find a similar frag. let us know. Sitting on my lanai in Kona, Hawaii with the waves crashing and surrounded by candlelite. I am so lucky and so much in love at 68.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Mary

~~Cats are God's furry angels on earth, without wings~~
~~I bleed Black and Gold for the Pittsburgh Steelers!~~
~~Proud of my 18-yr old granddaughter, who graduated Army Basic training on 6/5/14! On to AIT in Ft. Lee, VA!

Page 1 of 1