Creede Silver Sale
116 Members and 12519 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Lancome's big sister L'Oreal has come out with their version of Genifique

Started 1291428438.677 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1294693601.97 by Shelbelle

Posted on MUA:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=117104/Genifique/Lancome/Treatments

"This is now being sold by L'Oreal as "YOUTH CODE". I looked up the Youth Code serum ingredients and they are almost identical to those of Genifique, plus Youth Code has some added beneficial peptides Genifique doesn't have. So now you can basically get Genifique for 1/3 the price by buying Youth Code.
BTW, you may have noticed that Lancome (owned by L'Oreal) has been doing this routine for years: They come out with a new expensive and groundbreaking Lancome skincare product, sell it for about a year at department stores, and then launch the same product under a different name (and far cheaper) at drugstores in the L'Oreal line. If you check the ingredient listing of the two products in question, you'll see that they are always almost identical. This way the company sells the same product to different income brackets. Now that I've figured it out, I always wait for the L'Oreal version of whatever the latest Lancome product is, and get the same results as if I'd spent a fortune on the original."

L'Oreal Youth Code Starter Kit 3 Step System

http://www.walmart.com/ip/L-Oreal-Youth-Code-Starter-Kit-3-Step-System/15270268

Page 1 of 1
dawn19621291428688.4181 PostsRegistered 9/24/2009

Thank you Thank you Thank you!! I was just explaining to hubby that the expensive brands own some of the drug store brands and was telling him I wanted to see if they had a version of genifique! My much more financially blessed friend swears by the stuff. Thanks so much for letting us know, its going to save me time knowing the name of what to look for! xo

colson1291428804.9437438 PostsRegistered 10/23/2007East Coast

This might explain why I like their (Loreal) foundations and mascaras! Will look for Youth Code!

lovemygigi1291429029.425095 PostsRegistered 3/12/2010

Wow, I didn't know that! I have used Genefique and thought it was great! I then tried DrPerricone and I am staying loyal (for the first time ever!) to his line after the results I have seen.

I know that L'Oreal is the owner of Lancome, but it is so weird that I do not ever have the same results with their products vs Lancome's . I have used a lot of Lancome color cosmetics (and still do) and find them to be very good. I just saw on another thread that they still do animal testing though? I did not know that and it makes me a bit uncomfortable. I know L'Oreal has said they are phasing out testing on animals so that is good!

..." Right now, I'm in the sweet spot between complete ignorance and righteous indignation..." Stephen Colbert, 6/5/2014

Sugar Peach1291429659.397270 PostsRegistered 9/10/2010

Thank you so much for posting this! I've been wanting to buy Genefique after trying a sample, this sounds even better and much less $$ which is great! I'm happy to see they have the serum.

Last edited on 12/3/2010

Last edited on 12/3/2010

Sugar
@)--'--,---

Mammy Yokum1291430215.37517 PostsRegistered 6/24/2005

I think I'll order both the starter kit and the serum.

Last edited on 12/3/2010

Last edited on 12/3/2010

Jeanne R1291430294.354788 PostsRegistered 7/5/2010

thanku ,

PBJ1291463440.0436821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

I saw Youth Code a my local Walmart on a display by the checkout lanes. Not sure of the price. Nice to know its very similar to Genefique.

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luvmygumbo1291477843.551792 PostsRegistered 5/18/2009

Thanks for posting! I have almost finished my 1 oz. Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate and really don't want to spend the $$$. I will have to check the Loreal version out.

Julie

tessan1294639130.241211 PostsRegistered 8/11/2007

I just bought the day/night cream and the serum, the only thing right off I'm not crazy about is the scent, like olay, too much perfume. I'm going to give this a solid try despite the scent.

Last edited on 1/9/2011

Last edited on 1/9/2011

winamac11294665067.330586 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 1/9/2011 tessan said:

I just bought the day/night cream and the serum, the only thing right off I'm not crazy about is the scent, like olay, too much perfume. I'm going to give this a solid try despite the scent.

Last edited on 1/9/2011

Lancome and L'oreal are notorious for adding too many scents to their products!

I saw this, and I didn't know it was supposed to be like Genefique. Does anyone know if the concentrations of the active ingredients are super different? TIA

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Make Up Ma­iden1294667026.11508 PostsRegistered 7/22/2010

Mammy Yokum .. Good catch! Thanks for alerting us to this. I'll save a lot of money if Youth Code works the same.

BTW, I didnt see any Youth Code sizes given. Does anyone know the sizes of the trial, and of the regular Youth Code items? TIA

♥†♥ “Sticks alone can be broken by a child. but sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.” ♥†♥

qtpie601294671460.727684 PostsRegistered 12/31/2007New York

I wonder if the Loreal versions of Lancome products have the same amount and the same order of the ingredients. Even if the ingredient deck is the same, they could still be using different measures of the more expensive or more powerful ingredients. Hmmm

They'd be surprised to know how much it costs to look this cheap.

LipstickDi­va1294671876.27338183 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

Someone from this board told me she has been using this and really liking it. I hope she sees this and pops on to give her review!

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

gonnab1294676768.2272989 PostsRegistered 8/10/2007Conn.

WHEW - Paula absolutely pans Genifique on Beautypedia!!! Interesting to read. She doesn't like much about Lancome anyway; so it's not surprising. L'Oreal Paris fares only a little better.

I used a sample and wasn't impressed but then, to be fair, I didn't use it enough to give it a chance.

age 78, sensitive/combo skin, few fine lines, lack of firmness especially to cheeks, short natural (never colored) grey hair, brown eyes

madelines1294678079.2140 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010

Hi Queen! yes i was glad to see this thread, i have been using the youth code serum since christmas 2 times a day, i am loving it, and you only need a few drops, so the serum should last a long time i do layer it in with my Serious skin care, i dont notice the serum having a heavy scent but this is the only one of the line i have tried the serum, there is a light scent, but not heavy. Also loreals youth code serum has maytryl 3000 peptides, lancomes does not, i will check the order of ingredients to see if lancomes is higher in the bifida ferment, i have used a sample of the lancome, and i like the loreal version but this has a lot of mixed reviews some say it makes there face look dull, and dries it out, i have dry skin and i dont have that problem with this but i use moistuizer with it, and i see a glow with it, almost right away 2 people said i looked younger, i am convinced its this serum, i dont think the results are dramatic, but i think there is something to this serum i plan to buy it again when finished with this bottle, but you only need a few drops and so i try and be very light handed when pushing the dispencer. I hope to see other reviews for this.

madelines1294678235.047140 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010

Forgot to add, that the other youth code products did not have the peptides, just the serum thats why i decided to try this one first, also serums are more potent, i am very happy with it, i cant really put my finger on just what it does, but my face does look younger.

madelines1294678814.36140 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010
L'oreal:
AQUA / WATER *BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE *GLYCERIN *ALCOHOL DENAT *DIMETHICONE *HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID *PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE *SODIUM HYALURONATE *SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE *PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE *PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7 *ADENOSINE *AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE *DISODIUM EDTA *CAPRYLYL GLYCOL *CITRIC ACID *XANTHAN GUM *N-HYDROXYSUCCINIMIDE *CHRYSIN *OCTYLDODECANOL *SODIUM BENZOATE *PHENOXYETHANOL *LIMONENE *PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

Lancome:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Amonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Amonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xathan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Octyldodcanol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Parfum/Fragrance.

Since the L'oreal version retails for about $21-$29, I'll be sure to try that before .

I copied and pasted this for the comaprison of ingredients.

Last edited on 1/10/2011

Last edited on 1/10/2011

madelines1294679165.797140 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010

L'oreal: AQUA / WATER *BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE *GLYCERIN *ALCOHOL DENAT *DIMETHICONE *HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID *PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE *SODIUM HYALURONATE *SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE *PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE *PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7 *ADENOSINE *AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE *DISODIUM EDTA *CAPRYLYL GLYCOL *CITRIC ACID *XANTHAN GUM *N-HYDROXYSUCCINIMIDE *CHRYSIN *OCTYLDODECANOL *SODIUM BENZOATE *PHENOXYETHANOL *LIMONENE *PARFUM / FRAGRANCE Lancome: Aqua/Water/Eau, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Amonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Amonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xathan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Octyldodcanol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Parfum/Fragrance.

The previous post i dont think i got the link right.

SAM OHIO1294679742.05499 PostsRegistered 8/15/2010

I have been using Clinique's Repairwear Laser Serum on my face and the Youth Code Eye Cream and I must say that I like the results between these 2 the best.

I tried the Philosophy new eye cream and it just about did me in. It burned the skin under my eyes and then they peeled---for 2 days I looked horrible. I send the Philosophy back.

I like the Clinique Serum and the Youthcode they are working the best for me of all the other products I have tried (and I have tried just about all of them). {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

happywifeh­appylife1294679996.95320 PostsRegistered 9/26/2009

Has anyone tried the YOUTH CODE day lotion spf 30? im intrigued!

**Beauty starts on the inside**

poodlpoo1294690817.4134265 PostsRegistered 10/23/2010

I have been eyeing that everytime I go to the store!! I have the Genefique too, and haven't used it yet....So, I'll have to get the Youth Code, and sell the Genefique....thanks for the heads up.

I see the Genefique has castor oil in it. I still say, that many times the drugstore stuff can be the exact same, if not better in some instances....exactly what the derms always say. They are usually made by the same companies, with the same ingredients.....all you pay for is the NAME in the department stores.....and people will still do it, because they are brand name followers.

Makeup: I see many MUAs that have used all the name brands, and many will have drugstore foundations that they prefer over the top brands. Same goes for mascara. Many prefer Loreal Voluminous or Rimmel over names like MAC and Dior.

Last edited on 1/10/2011

Last edited on 1/10/2011

Shelbelle1294693601.9734580 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

BTW, Paula really likes the new Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixer!!!

Page 1 of 1