TSV(R) Preview
15 Members and 13357 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

OT: Zeltiq - Coolsculpting? Anyone had this procedure done?

Started 1289619626.48 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1301188763.433 by Jooj
replies

My dermatologist's office sends out emails announcing the latest news. They now offer Zeltiq/coolsculpting. It's sort of like liposuction...only the fat cells are released through your body over 2-4 months (after "freezing" and liquifying the fat cells). There's no surgery, virtually no downtime, and less costly.

Has anyone had this done? If so, what were your costs and what were your results?

Page 1 of 1
makeup add­ict1289622099.028098 PostsRegistered 12/27/2006

They had this featured recently on the local news. They basically said it would only work on people who wanted to lose 5 lbs. :(

Link for the news clip about it.

http://www.wcnc.com/on-tv/Freeze-off-Your-Fat-New-Procedure-Gaining-Popularity-99329574.html

crush1289622955.8332127 PostsRegistered 10/7/2005NC
On 11/12/2010 makeup addict said:

They had this featured recently on the local news. They basically said it would only work on people who wanted to lose 5 lbs. :(

Link for the news clip about it.

http://www.wcnc.com/on-tv/Freeze-off-Your-Fat-New-Procedure-Gaining-Popularity-99329574.html

makeup addict...thanks for posting this link. It was very informative. I'm afraid I'd need more than one treatment. My derm. is having an "open house" this week to tell about it; I may go just to find out more.

makeup add­ict1289623753.0878098 PostsRegistered 12/27/2006

Hi Crush!

If you go, please post your review. I have more than a few pounds to lose and I'm doing SouthBeach again. Lost 30 lbs and kept it off for a year. Switch bc pill and inhaled the bakery section at the grocery store!! LOL

I like the idea behind this. I think it's better than smart lipo; less evasive.

crush1289655329.0672127 PostsRegistered 10/7/2005NC
On 11/12/2010 makeup addict said:

Hi Crush!

If you go, please post your review. I have more than a few pounds to lose and I'm doing SouthBeach again. Lost 30 lbs and kept it off for a year. Switch bc pill and inhaled the bakery section at the grocery store!! LOL

I like the idea behind this. I think it's better than smart lipo; less evasive.

makeup addict...If I can go, I'll definitely post a review. I could stand to lose 5 lbs, but I'm looking to reduce the tummy pooch. After two children (and time!!), that area needs some improvement! My only concern is that I actually might be a candidate for a tummy-tuck, but I'm not going to spend that money now or go through the surgery now. My oldest son (big baby) stretched one side of my tummy muscles during pregnancy...bless his heart! My second son added to it, and gravity is now working on it! I don't have much fat anywhere except my belly. Grant it, it's not a HUGE amount, but it's definitely there! You know the old saying "pinch an inch"? Well, I wish it were just an inch! I wear shaper/smoothers all the time because of the "bulge"!

I can identify about the bakery section....whew...that's my weakness too! I went into a Whole Foods for the first time yesterday (hour away) and came out with too many goodies! Now I just have to make myself do everything in moderation and not eat it all at once!

I'll post something if I go; good luck to you in your weight loss efforts!

Jooj1301188763.3929 PostsRegistered 5/28/2010
I had it done several months ago and have been amazed at the results. Now I want to have it done again for even more reduction. Didn't loose pounds but definitely lost inches.

Page 1 of 1