Maxi Dresses
162 Members and 11357 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Okay, does mineral makeup settle into fine lines?

Started 1289304630.68 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1289643008.49 by Funloving

I know that this has been beat to death! But I need opinions-do they or don't they settle into fine lines? I have worn both BE and Pur. I didn't think that they did untill I read it here. When I look I'm not sure. I like a mineral foundation for the coverage,color match and the non-masklike appearance,but at 51 I don't want to accent what I don't want to accent! TIA!

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
sunnybrook1289304768.2632270 PostsRegistered 8/25/2005

For the first few years that I used BE, it didn't settle, and I have very few lines. I still have very few lines, but I found out one day that it was settling into them. And, I buffed and did all the things that you're supposed to do when applying the product. So, I changed to another liquid foundation which works beautifully and is much less expensive. (Revlon Photo Ready)

vicki is ok1289305347.6971497 PostsRegistered 11/21/2005michigan

I can only tell you what minerals do for me. I'm in my late 50s and have use BE for quite a few years. However, in the last few months, I feel like it does settle into lines and am therefore looking for something else. I just love Leslie of BE, but don't think I will be using the foundation anymore.

Hope this helps

Vicki

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen-Winston Churchill

rudy1289305805.692089 PostsRegistered 1/8/2005

Yup.

Miss Elain­e Eous1289305903.3572257 PostsRegistered 1/11/2007

I have been using BE for a few years and recently have had some skin problems - almost a rash of bumps along my chin and jawline. I've read up on the product and understand that some ladies have issues with bismuth in the product. I'll be giving my face a break from it and on the search for an alternative that doesn't irritate my skin.

So, back on topic, I have tried using Bisque as an under-eye concealer and found that it did accentuate fine lines (I'm 40). I didn't use a primer though and I think that's what some suggest.

SuzK1289306817.553385 PostsRegistered 5/16/2009

I didn't even know I had fine lines until I tried BE! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

snowleopard1289307289.2271089 PostsRegistered 4/12/2008
On 11/9/2010 SuzK said:

My thoughts exactly, SuzK! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Other mineral makeup brands behave the same way. I gave 'em up years ago.

Visaqueen1289308030.8139242 PostsRegistered 1/29/2007Suffragette City

Miss Elaine - have you tried the matte foundation? I don't think there is any bismuth in it. I love matte. It is much better for my oily, sensitive skin!

I can't use liquid foundations. I break out horribly from them - the big, red, under-the-skin-need-a-shot-from-my-derm kind of breakouts.

So . . . I have created the ritual that works best for me. I use the clarisonic a few times a week, which really helps with fine lines, etc. I can't use cream moisturizers, but I make sure to moisturize with argan oil, under the eyes & wherever my face needs it. Make sure to leave time to let your moisturizers sink into your skin.

I use summer bisque under my eyes and wherever there is redness or an area that needs extra coverage. I then do a layer of mineral veil, then I buff the foundation in! A little faux tan and more MV and I am good to go!

If I feel I need a little something more in the eye area, I use urban decay primer potion UNDER the eye first. Works great!

ETA - if you DO use an eye cream, mixing summer bisque into the cream can make a very nice under eye concealer!

Last edited on 11/9/2010

Last edited on 11/9/2010

I have a fever . . . and the only cure . . . is more COWBELL!

Dachsie1289309001.542607 PostsRegistered 6/4/2006

You may try different kinds of BE and you may try different brands of mineral makeup, but my trial and error process has led me to believe that using a mineral makeup as my foundation absolutely emphasizes lines. I do not find that it "settles in to" my lines, but it just makes every tiny line and crinkle much more noticeable, and that is made worse if the makeup has a lot of mica or frost to it.

I think it is possible to find good liquid foundations or tinted moisturizers that one is not allergic to. You have to try different brands, especially ones that say they are hypoallergenic, such as Prescriptives or Neutrogena.

If you get one that dries to a somewhat matte finish, you may get buy without a finishing powder, so you end up probably spending less time in application than needed for the tap and swirl mineral makeup process.

daNurse1289311183.917439 PostsRegistered 1/10/2009

Thanks ladies. The same thing happened to me-I wore minerals for years and then one day ,suddenly,the fine lines looked horrible.Any suggestions for a liquid foundation that isn;t mask-like?

snowleopard1289311819.5931089 PostsRegistered 4/12/2008
On 11/9/2010 daNurse said:

Thanks ladies. The same thing happened to me-I wore minerals for years and then one day ,suddenly,the fine lines looked horrible.Any suggestions for a liquid foundation that isn;t mask-like?

daNurse, I love/use both Estee Lauder DoubleWear and Lancome Renergie Lift. (I like both equally). I apply with a damp Beauty Bender sponge and find that a tiny bit goes a long way. Lasts all day and then some! No settling, no irritation, and so light that I can't feel it on my skin. Both give my skin an airbrushed look. EL and Lancome counters will give you free 10 day+ samples.

iachick1289312240.453089 PostsRegistered 9/1/2008

I love the ease of mineral makeup but found it was settling into fine lines, especially under my eyes. Now I use BE summer bisque as concealer around the nose, etc. and then finish with Smashbox Halo all over the face. I get some light coverage and it doesn't look powdery or settle into fine lines!

Uglybuster1289317100.513708 PostsRegistered 6/25/2010Chicago

Would using a primer make a difference? I use BE foundation every day, but I do use a primer and I dont find that the makeup settles in lines.

light / medium... graying hair, 52 yr old, dry skin.

karlam1289317936.707507 PostsRegistered 12/4/2008

I had stopped using my BE bisque as a concealer because I thought it highlighted my fine lines. I even used a primer before putting on my BE makeup. One day I used the BE primer that came with one of the kits I bought. It does have a little more of a silicone feel than the Laura Geller primer I had been using. To my amazement, the BE bisque and foundation seemed to turn into a cream with their primer. (this did't happen with the LG primer). To test this, I used my finger and it felt like a cream. I now only use the Be primer when using BE mineral makeup. I just wonder if anyone else noticed this when using the BE primer and the makeup.

BESwede1289319481.5236218 PostsRegistered 6/4/2007Colorado

Unless you use it right under the eyes with no preparation first- NO, it doesn't settle in fine lines. My fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration disappears as soon as the BE has a few minutes to "blend" with my skin and keeps them covered all day. Typically I don't need a concealer under my eyes but if I do I use a bit of BE "Eye Rever Upper" or eye cream mixed with a bit of BE Well Rested (color of Bisque doesn't work for me) and pat it on the under eye area very sparingly. I have some cream under-eye concealer as well but prefer the above method with BE for better coverage. Liquid and cream foundations show up my skin imperfections far more than minerals.

47, very fair, blonde, green eyes, cool "summer" coloring. Combination/sensitive skin Vegeterian

DoubleDog21289321341.623396 PostsRegistered 6/12/2009Mid-Missouri

MMU doesn't settle in my lines and I'm 69 years old with dry skin! I can't use BE, it looks terrible, but Cory minerals is an HG. I have been doing half-face tests the last few days wondering if I need a liquid or cream for the winter. I check the makeup in the full sun and nothing has looked as natural or covers as well or lasted as long as Cory MMU. I put it over a good moisturizer and in about half an hour it just melds with my skin and looks like me instead of me with makeup on. And it has never settled into my many fine lines.

Last edited on 11/9/2010

Last edited on 11/9/2010

Lynn

Mochahoney1289323831.2371950 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007Mississippi

all the mineral makeups I've tried put fine lines on top of my fine lines! the absolute worst for me was BE, even with a primer. it magnified my pores and fine lines.

Linus: I love mankind! It's people I can't stand!

iachick1289326634.2973089 PostsRegistered 9/1/2008
On 11/9/2010 DoubleDog2 said:

MMU doesn't settle in my lines and I'm 69 years old with dry skin! I can't use BE, it looks terrible, but Cory minerals is an HG. I have been doing half-face tests the last few days wondering if I need a liquid or cream for the winter. I check the makeup in the full sun and nothing has looked as natural or covers as well or lasted as long as Cory MMU. I put it over a good moisturizer and in about half an hour it just melds with my skin and looks like me instead of me with makeup on. And it has never settled into my many fine lines.

Last edited on 11/9/2010

I looked on their website... what "formula" do you use? How do you know what shade to order? I can wear BE Fairly Light or Golden Fair.

kalicat1289327626.663162 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Yes, definitely. I have tried many brands and they all settle in my "one" line between my eyes, puppet lines and crows feet. Tried primers, etc. and always have it in the creases. Laura Geller's baked makeup doesn't settle in the lines for me. So I prefer to use that over the mineral makeup.

irishwoman1289328098.332147 PostsRegistered 3/23/2006
On 11/9/2010 sunnybrook said:

For the first few years that I used BE, it didn't settle, and I have very few lines. I still have very few lines, but I found out one day that it was settling into them. And, I buffed and did all the things that you're supposed to do when applying the product. So, I changed to another liquid foundation which works beautifully and is much less expensive. (Revlon Photo Ready)

same thing here!

used it all last summer,but started to notice the setteling in lines,went to a cream foundation,clinique supermoist!

much better!!!!

bren

Inquiringm­ind1289329616.39373 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

DaNurse - I have had the same problem with BE. Experimented with many brands and have found Dr Denese's Firming & Retexturizing foundation. It works great for me.

DoubleDog21289330384.32396 PostsRegistered 6/12/2009Mid-Missouri
On 11/9/2010 msbogwan said:
On 11/9/2010 DoubleDog2 said:

Last edited on 11/9/2010

I looked on their website... what "formula" do you use? How do you know what shade to order? I can wear BE Fairly Light or Golden Fair.

I use the original mica-free formula, it was the only one she had when I first started using it and I haven't been tempted to try her newer one. I use the cool color, Early Tan. The colors look *quite a bit darker* on the web site than they are in person; in BE I used medium with a little bit of tan mixed in. I would suggest getting some samples before buying.

Lynn

lilypad31289331344.81941 PostsRegistered 5/17/2005

Does in mine. I've tried to used BE foundation and I just feel it ages me, not a good look.

cassiem1289331559.4876535 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Totally depends on your skin. I find that if my skin is going through a dry spell the minerals will settle in the fine lines and wrinkles.

EMTHeart131289332342.00710589 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007Sweet Home Chicago...
On 11/9/2010 SuzK said:

OMG..This is HILARIOUS and true for me too.. HATED it!

HAPPY SPRING...

lovestotea­ch1289341985.9113025 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

I now wear one that doesn't.

Loves ~ dancin' & prancin' ~ ♥ ♥ ♥

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next