Fall Fashion Clearance
34 Members and 15624 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Help with Crinkly, Wrinkly Aging Hands

Started 1288807870.577 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1288917020 by manicshopper

Anyone have any really good beauty advice. My face, neck are o.k. but my hands look 100 years old. I bought some Avon peel pads thinking it might promote collagen, but I am at a loss why exactly the hands age so bad. In my opinion Colleen Lopez on HSN has the most beautiful hands for the 50 age group. I am getting to be a chronic hand washer and I know this is part of the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 1
Margo Chan­ning1288808250.46713289 PostsRegistered 11/29/2007

All I can suggest {and I'm in my 50s also} is ANY anti-aging product you use you also apply liberally to your hands, also. I use Isomers on my face, so ANY face cream sample I get I use on my hands. Use gloves anytime you do dishes or housework and always use sunblock when you go outside.

I must use lotion 10 times a day. And before I go to sleep I slather my hands with rich cream.

hth

It's not the typing, it's arthritis.
NO-ONE puts Leisle in the corner

naturalfan1288815269.824228 PostsRegistered 1/27/2009

For some stupid reason, I really never took care of my hands other than slathering on some cream when they were really dry and they now look like I never took care of them. I got a parrafin manicure today which felt very nice but I don't know that it actually did anything for my hands. Skin does look a little bit brighter and smoother but I'm sure that is probably temporary. I exfoliate my face regularly but usually don't think about my hands - I am going to use the scrubs, pads, peels and whatever I use on my face down to my hands too. Hope that will help. By the way, I agree with you, Colleen has the nicest hands.

Nana of 51288817762.2634280 PostsRegistered 4/23/2010N E OK

I exfoliate a couple of times a week and put on hand cream or body butter numerous times a day. I mix JM Argon oil with the hand cream also. I use Dr. D Damage reversal pads on my hands and arms.

lizzydarcy1288818222.152800 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006New England

I swear by this product , and I don't buy it here. I get it at their site. I just got a new one last week, and FREE SH.....

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A138608.desc.LOccitane-Shea-Butter-Hand-Cream-52-oz

This has transformed my hands like nothing else ever for me. I had bad cuticles before, not anymore. I highly recommend this. I won't be without it now. Get it at their site, go on their mailing list, and whenever there is a sale, promotion, you get Free SH.

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Nightowlz1288818502.8279336 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 11/3/2010 lizzydarcy said:

I swear by this product , and I don't buy it here. I get it at their site. I just got a new one last week, and FREE SH.....

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A138608.desc.LOccitane-Shea-Butter-Hand-Cream-52-oz

This has transformed my hands like nothing else ever for me. I had bad cuticles before, not anymore. I highly recommend this. I won't be without it now. Get it at their site, go on their mailing list, and whenever there is a sale, promotion, you get Free SH.

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I really like the L'Occitane too. I just ordered that from Sephora using the FF code for 20% off & free shipping. Last night I ordered the set of 3 smaller ones Sephora sales for stocking stuffers.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

wonderwoman1288818753.87392 PostsRegistered 5/7/2007

I use Serious Skin Care RuLinea for hands and think it is wonderful. It reduces the appearance of thin, wrinkled hands, improves the elasticity, and the general appearance of your hands will improve. I love it!

OldFoogey1288818930.3571922 PostsRegistered 4/20/2007

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

ellietoo1288828161.7632272 PostsRegistered 6/19/2005

My hands have taken a beating from not wearing gloves in the winter and not using sunscreen on them in the summer. I got a good product to exfoliate them and then used a really nice hand cream that was not full of chemicals and other fillers. Something with lots of Shea in it works good. Once you exfoliate your hands several times a week and use good hydration your hands will start looking like new. Those lines disappear. You just have to keep taking good care of them and protecting them from the sun and the cold. Keep exfoliating at least twice a week.

Last edited on 11/3/2010

Last edited on 11/3/2010

SharonKay1288829094.2133789 PostsRegistered 3/16/2008Ohio
On 11/3/2010 wonderwoman said:

I use Serious Skin Care RuLinea for hands and think it is wonderful. It reduces the appearance of thin, wrinkled hands, improves the elasticity, and the general appearance of your hands will improve. I love it!

This really does work well for hands. I just ran out of one a month or so ago and I have noticed a big difference in my hands since I stopped using it. It's kind of expensive for a hand cream, though, but the tube lasts a long time and it really did work well for me.

Get rich quick - count your blessings

Zaksgrrl1288829639.2479844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark

Whatever you do for your face, do also for your hands. That should bring them into line with your face.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When I get through this, I'm going to live the life of an adventurer.
Bear Grylls

BeachParkB­abe1288829881.943538 PostsRegistered 5/27/2010

Thanks beauties for all of the replies.

Lucky Charm1288833681.325978 PostsRegistered 2/29/2008

One more thing I'd like to add. Sulfates which are found in 99.99% of all hand soaps, liquid soaps, bath bars, etc. are so drying to my skin. I gave up sulfates completely and my skin (all over) has rebounded thank goodness. When I use soap in washrooms at restaurants etc, the skin on my hands is screaming till I can get lotion on. You may want to stop using them for your hand washing, bathing and even shampooing. It's one of those ingredients that really isn't compatible with the human body.

Life's a beach!

4doggies1288840086.0273501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I agree that for most of us, hands age badly. I had beautiful hands when I was young, I even did some hand modeling. I just assumed they would always look like that! They age quickly because they lose fat (too bad it's our hands and not our thighs, right?), and the skin begins to kind of hang and look wrinkly. They also seem to increase in size, I used to wear a size 5 ring, now I wear a 6. Colleen Lopez does have very pretty hands, but notice that they are on the plumpish side--I mean this in a positive way, I'm not saying she has fat hands at all, but she has mentioned that she wears a large ring size, 8 or 8.5 I think. She is fortunate to have this volume in her hands, I think it has kept them youthful looking. Others have said take care of them the same way you do your face--and keep your nails relatively short with a neutral polish or french manicure--definitely no short nails with dark polish! I can't stand that look on young girls, though I know it is stylish. For aging hands, it's a disaster.

Gal1288903612.461787 PostsRegistered 9/18/2007

To BeachParkBabe,

I've just recently started using a wonderful hand cream called BLISS - found a small tube on Ebay just to give it a try and I love it. You might try the ULTA stores if your intrested. Another good one is HEMPZ -found at some beauty salons, ULTA and Ebay.

Emily Paige1288907642.293133 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008

I use crisco

I Love My Weiner Dog

Skylands1288909402.6176021 PostsRegistered 5/30/2010
On 11/3/2010 BeachParkBabe said:

Anyone have any really good beauty advice. My face, neck are o.k. but my hands look 100 years old. I bought some Avon peel pads thinking it might promote collagen, but I am at a loss why exactly the hands age so bad. In my opinion Colleen Lopez on HSN has the most beautiful hands for the 50 age group. I am getting to be a chronic hand washer and I know this is part of the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I understand your problem. The only real solution is what Joan Rivers does to keep her hands looking so youthful. Injectables, to fill in the bony parts, peels to remove all the dead surface skin cells, and other dermatology required maintenance. Expensive, but really the only true way to help. Lotions, peel pads, retinoid creams, are not going to do what you want.

AngelLove21288909988.212582 PostsRegistered 3/2/2007

Colleen does have pretty hands and she has taken good care of them. I think on air she uses SSC instatox. When Jennifer is on and Colleen uses it,she can't believe how it plumps up the lines.

manicshopp­er12889170202818 PostsRegistered 10/21/2009Never Never Land

Everything that goes on my face and neck - also goes on my hands.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 1