TSV(R) Preview
13 Members and 8563 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Conquering vertical neck lines - a rave

Started 1288792977.677 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1288824920.777 by ladyroxanne

I just had to pass on my good fortune. I've always been chinless ( a horrible family trait) but at least my neck was smooth. That was until I lost 50 pounds and low and behold, age, gravity and loss of fat caught up.

I didn't have the horizontal lines but rather, those horrible turkey neck lines that run up and down the neck. I tried everything including Dr. D's specific to neck cream...nothing worked.

Finally, I tried my Philosophy's AG body firming emulsion cream which normally I just use as a body lotion...after one week, those lines were....GONE! I guess it really and truly does firm! I was using it only because I love the smell and thought it was a nice moisturizer...now I know it's so much more!

Hope someone can use the recommendation!

Page 1 of 1
Cardamom1288793554.0736847 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006

What????!!! Are you serous???

God bless you!

I have these lines. It's like they appeared overnight. I am 40. They have really aged my face. I have never seen anything like them on anybody and was wondering what is wrong with me.

I am getting some today!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. KissKissKiss

Fitzallen1288793779.573666 PostsRegistered 11/4/2008

I'm 49 but due to my previous extra weight, I think the lines held off till now...

I hope it works for you too...but at least you can return it if you don't see any results in a week or two....I do find I have to keep up with it. Those little ratty lines will crop back up if I don't....so good luck and I really hope it works for you!

And btw, I heart Goldens too....RIP my dear Heather....

Last edited on 11/3/2010

Last edited on 11/3/2010

belleandme1288793898.78644 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009southern illinois

ROCK ON! BONNIESHORES!!!!!,

that is awesome. i have a little waddle myself, though it isnt getting worse as fast as i had feared it would. i use the ag firming on my arms, and i wish they would make the firming in the other scents!

thanks for the tip,

but moreover, i am so happy for you. that neck thing is the worst feeling!!!!!! very yucky.

so YAY!

have a great day!

belleandme

FOUR BLOOD MOONS~~john hagee

"...There will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars...Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." Luke 21:25a, 28

Fitzallen1288794594.35666 PostsRegistered 11/4/2008

Yeah, wearing turtlenecks in mid August was really annoying! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Cardamom1288794665.3176847 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006

When I pulled up the Emulsion lotion I found it came in all the other Graces except Baby, of course because it's my favorite. I am getting what Bonnie is using because I don't want to tempt fate.

Right now Ulta has a great Philosphy gift with purchase and I have an Ulta gift card so perfect timing!

I too have lost and gained back and forth about 50 lbs. These chin lines are my only wrinkes. My face looks confusing to me. Am I young, am I old, who knows? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. Perhaps if I use it all over my face it will keep future wrinkles at bay.

Aww I am sorry about your Golden Bonnie.

Thank you again!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I am headed to Ulta now! If these lines go away I will never stop using that lotion.

Last edited on 11/3/2010

Last edited on 11/3/2010

Deb7771288794948.416929 PostsRegistered 6/25/2005
On 11/3/2010 Bonnieshores said:

I'm 49 but due to my previous extra weight, I think the lines held off till now...

I hope it works for you too...but at least you can return it if you don't see any results in a week or two....I do find I have to keep up with it. Those little ratty lines will crop back up if I don't....so good luck and I really hope it works for you!

And btw, I heart Goldens too....RIP my dear Heather....

Last edited on 11/3/2010

I was just reading some reviews on nordstrom.com and another woman said the same thing, she said she uses this as a face moisturizer also.

Good reviews for this product... but total comes out to 60 some dollars for body lotion...

hmmmm..... Ive spent so much on lotions and potions LOL.... Dont want to spend anymore {#emotions_dlg.scared}

But I think I really want to try this.. oh nordstrom also has gift with purchase but they dont have the 32 oz... only the 16 and the price almost comes out to the same as q's price with the 32 oz but no gift.

Decisions decisions !

Deb

:)

Cardamom1288795461.7776847 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006

If you only use it on your face I think it would last a long time and end up being a bargain!

Darn ULTA!!!!!!! They consider that a "fragrance product" and won't give me the free gift. {#emotions_dlg.mad}. You have to buy something from the skincare line to get the gift.

So I will go someplace closer and buy it.

Fitzallen1288795904.02666 PostsRegistered 11/4/2008

Re: Philosophy

It is expensive though I got mine on a day when it was a special offer with auto delivery so I can't remember what I saved but it was substantial. Maybe you can wait for a Phil presentation and try that.

And I agree...if you only use it on your face, it will last a long, long, long time. I use it all over my body and it still lasts a very long time. If you limit it to your face, believe me, you would have it for months and months...maybe longer! I hope it works for all of you or you're going to think I'm an idiot but I swear, it's the only thing that worked for me and I tried everything. I've been using Loreal Collagen day cream on my face due to wrinkles around my mouth and I like that alot.

Re: Heather

No worries but thanks. She passed oh, probably 20 years ago but you can see she's forever in my heart. I have a Welsh Corgi now...little spitfire I tell ya! Someday I'll have a Golden again I hope!

Cardamom1288796672.5576847 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006

Re: Heather

No worries but thanks. She passed oh, probably 20 years ago but you can see she's forever in my heart. I have a Welsh Corgi now...little spitfire I tell ya! Someday I'll have a Golden again I hope!

Bonnie how funny! I had a Corgi forever....well 15 years. Broke my heart so much I could not get another. It took me another 7 years just to get another dog.

Deb7771288797466.8936929 PostsRegistered 6/25/2005
On 11/3/2010 IheartGoldens said:

If you only use it on your face I think it would last a long time and end up being a bargain!

Darn ULTA!!!!!!! They consider that a "fragrance product" and won't give me the free gift. {#emotions_dlg.mad}. You have to buy something from the skincare line to get the gift.

So I will go someplace closer and buy it.

I just ordered from sephora .. with the coupon ff2010 came out to the price it should be even with five dollar shipping.

qvc's came out more and so did nordstrom.... almost 60 close to 70 bucks!

SEPHORAS CAME OUT TO 48 DOLLARS. NOT BAD. At least I didnt over pay .

Deb

Fitzallen1288798347.38666 PostsRegistered 11/4/2008

Deb,

That is a really good deal! I hope it works! Don't kill me if not...but I have high hopes. Glad to see it worked for someone on the Nordstrom review line as well.

IheartGolden,

Now that is a coincidence! So sorry your heart was broken. I totally understand. Could we have had two more dis-similar breeds? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} My Heather (golden) was the most gentle and sweet soul in the world. My Charlotte is hilarious, goofy, greedy, possessive and very opinionated. She makes me laugh every day. My husband was not a dog person (is now of course) and so when I told him I had to have a doggie, he decided on a PWC based on a friend of his' dog, a boy, who was very mellow. Haha! I kept telling him we should have a Golden but he wanted a small dog. We got Charlotte and she is NOT mellow. But she's a peach...love that girl.

Deb7771288799563.346929 PostsRegistered 6/25/2005

Deb,

That is a really good deal! I hope it works! Don't kill me if not...but I have high hopes. Glad to see it worked for someone on the Nordstrom review line as well.

IheartGolden,

Now that is a coincidence! So sorry your heart was broken. I totally understand. Could we have had two more dis-similar breeds? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}My Heather (golden) was the most gentle and sweet soul in the world. My Charlotte is hilarious, goofy, greedy, possessive and very opinionated. She makes me laugh every day. My husband was not a dog person (is now of course) and so when I told him I had to have a doggie, he decided on a PWC based on a friend of his' dog, a boy, who was very mellow. Haha! I kept telling him we should have a Golden but he wanted a small dog. We got Charlotte and she is NOT mellow. But she's a peach...love that girl.

I needed a body moisturizer anyway... I am just running out of my nivia even though that only cost me ten bucks for a huge bottle LOL

At least ill smell good with this new one.. Ive never tried philosophy body lotions.

thank you!

Deb

Cardamom1288802290.2036847 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006

IheartGolden,

Now that is a coincidence! So sorry your heart was broken. I totally understand. Could we have had two more dis-similar breeds? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Tell me! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I was just making lunch in my microwave and something popped. He was walking by and jumped about 10 feet in the air and slunk under the table! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} He is such a baby! My Corgi thought he was a Mastiff. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Okay I got the lotion. They had a couple different ones but I think for the face this one smelled the lightest so that was good for me. There was an unbelievable Christmas set up. So many beautiful gifts!!! I saw shower gels in metallic colors!

I got it on a military base so I think I did pretty well. I got the 16 oz. for $27 and obviously no shipping or tax. Now I need to go wash my face because I am starting this regimen immediately! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Fitzallen1288805100.71666 PostsRegistered 11/4/2008

Deb,

From what you wrote, I'm not sure if you have tried the Philosophy perfumes but imho, the body lotions smell pretty much the same (meaning, some perfumes and their lotion counterparts do not seem the same to me).

I love Amazing Grace scent but my DH does not. I personally don't care for Pure Grace. I'm not sure what other scents the firming emulsion comes in...the funny thing is though that I asked my DH the other night if he could still see those lines and he was amazed that they had disappeared.

Well, this morning, I gave him a kiss when he left and he smelled very sweet and feminine. I asked if he had used the AG firming emulsion and he fessed up that he did....the same person who said he couldn't stand Amazing Grace scent massaged it all over his own face. BUSTED!

Goldens...Great deal! That's awesome! Give your baby a pet from me!

sungrl11288807478.5571028 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006

Does anyone know what the ingredient in these emulsions would be firming?

BeachParkB­abe1288807677.717538 PostsRegistered 5/27/2010

Anyone who tries this please keep us advised on your progress. Us beauties sure seem to fret about our necks.

scorpio38131288808456.722200 PostsRegistered 3/18/2007Indy

Water, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Fragrance, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Potassium Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tris (Tetramethylhydroxypiperidinol) Citrate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellol, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol.

These are the ingredients. You chemists among us.....what's the firming agent here?

TIA!

Q of the C1288808599.997379 PostsRegistered 11/3/2010Queen of the Castle

Well that's great new. Congrats on the weight loss and for finding a product that tackled your beauty dilemma.

They must not have been very deep lines? Sometimes dehydration will cause temporary wrinkling.

Suzzeee1288810724.862394 PostsRegistered 6/15/2007West Coast

Thanks everyone for the tip on this - just ordered it in the Inner Grace fragrance from Sephora using the FF2010 -- $27 for the 16 oz! I got a couple other things too so got free shipping on top of the discount!

Deb7771288814276.626929 PostsRegistered 6/25/2005

Deb,

From what you wrote, I'm not sure if you have tried the Philosophy perfumes but imho, the body lotions smell pretty much the same (meaning, some perfumes and their lotion counterparts do not seem the same to me).

I love Amazing Grace scent but my DH does not. I personally don't care for Pure Grace. I'm not sure what other scents the firming emulsion comes in...the funny thing is though that I asked my DH the other night if he could still see those lines and he was amazed that they had disappeared.

Well, this morning, I gave him a kiss when he left and he smelled very sweet and feminine. I asked if he had used the AG firming emulsion and he fessed up that he did....the same person who said he couldn't stand Amazing Grace scent massaged it all over his own face. BUSTED!

Goldens...Great deal! That's awesome! Give your baby a pet from me!

hahahahaha to cute Bonnie! I wonder if my hub will try to steal mine LOL!

Deb

ladyroxanne1288824920.77311001 PostsRegistered 3/25/2008northern ca

Bonnie......thanks for the tip. I just ordered the body emulsion from the q and used my thanksgiving 5 ez pay!

Page 1 of 1