New Holiday Decor
106 Members and 11747 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

My review of Suzanne Somers Organic serum

Started 1288278082.307 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1295916198.32 by Karena

This was a TS on Shopnbc a couple of weeks ago during her vist. I REALLY like this stuff! I am a serum junkie- but this serum not only has really good ingredients- all organic and NO JUNK- it soaks in like a dream and leaves my 55 year young skin feeling nourished! It is one of the first serums I have used that I actually SEE my skin glow and look smooth and lifted after putting it on. I am so glad I locked into the TS special price they had on the duo with auto ship. Just wanted to share with anyone who was curious. Now I want to try her other products!

.

Page 1 of 2
bizziebee0­071288278676.823251 PostsRegistered 1/13/2010Philly Burbs

thanks so much for the review. i am anxious to try this when i run out of my current stuff (mario badescu).

the key to looking younger, is to stand next to someone who looks older than you...get the heck away from me!!!
--------------------------------------------------

CAT FAN1288278751.32685 PostsRegistered 7/19/2010Home of the Kentucky Wildcats

I hear ya newport. I love this stuff too. I have been searching for years for a skin care line that I love and that I actually see results with. I have tried Philosophy which I really like, I tried Skinn which I really like, Serious Skin Care, Signature Club A and I could go on and on. BUT, I love Suzanne's products. I am using the everyday cleanser, the exfoliating cleanser, the toner, the serum and the moisturizer and my skin looks better than it ever has. I have redness around my nose and I can tell such a difference since I started using her stuff and it seems that I need less foundation than before her products and it I don't need to touch up as early in the day as before. And it affordable {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Oh and it is a Certified Organic Product and smells great.

Last edited on 10/28/2010

Last edited on 10/28/2010

makeupaddi­cted11288278856.8471146 PostsRegistered 9/16/2006

Haven't tried the serum yet, but I absolutely love the Suzanne Sommers everyday organic cleanser!

JoElla1288279024.06710552 PostsRegistered 8/6/2006Texas

Thank you for your review. I have tried her previous skin care and was quite happy with it. I may have to give this new line a shot.

Aragabymimi1288279074.07564 PostsRegistered 2/1/2009Long Beach, NY

Thanks for the review. I am also enjoying her 4 piece kit and the serum. I don't use everyday though because I have about 50 years worth of other products I also use. My fav is the Exfolating Peach Cleanser. This works well in the shower because you leave it on for the same amount of time as WEN. I will continue to purchase when there is a deal.




LACheermom1288279697.63785 PostsRegistered 5/29/2009

Ladies, how do you think this would be for almost 40(ouch {#emotions_dlg.blushing}!) oily in the t-zone area, with some break outs skin? I've wanted to try but not sure what type of skin its good for! I would love your opinions!!

TIA

chickenbutt1288280232.46724212 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown
On 10/28/2010 Aragabymimi said:

Thanks for the review. I am also enjoying her 4 piece kit and the serum. I don't use everyday though because I have about 50 years worth of other products I also use. My fav is the Exfolating Peach Cleanser. This works well in the shower because you leave it on for the same amount of time as WEN. I will continue to purchase when there is a deal.

I purchased the Exfoliating Peach Cleanser also. It just arrived yesterday so I haven't used it yet but I will plan on taking it in the shower with me later this morning. Looking forward to trying it. I'm not usually one to be attracted to skin care from television, but this one spoke to me.

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

JMFINLEY0011288282813.868884 PostsRegistered 12/23/2004Wisconsin

Thanks for the review.I bought and love the toner and plan to add the Peach Exfoliating cleanser next and when I use up some of my other serums,I will try this one as well..

55 yrs old,combo skin/w oily tzone
med golden tan complexion-no wrinkles yet ,but dark under eye circles,med brown hair with caramel highlights and brown eyes!dry fine hair but better with WEN!

catwhisper­er1288286652.613269 PostsRegistered 12/4/2009So.CA

I just ordered the serum a couple days ago. Just for info, Shop NBC is offering SS products on five value payments.

rockNroll1288290744.503260 PostsRegistered 3/15/2010Pittsburgh, PA

I am always baffled how something like this can be completely organic. Is it true, is this really organic? My test is the smell test and if it has a potent scent it is NOT organic. Just like when nail salons say they are organic....it is impossible and has only been done effectively in Tierra Mia in Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia.


Let me know if anyone knows if this is a truly organic product with no chemical scent!

Shelbelle1288297131.87334713 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I bought the serum duo and the peach exfoliator too, cant wait to try it.

feebeepapp­as1288297218.307866 PostsRegistered 2/10/2006over the hills and far away....

Thanks for that review. I'll have to check into it as well. I have decided that I am tired of spending $$$$$$ to smell like a fish! (perricone) It's starting to get on my nerves. ( the smell more than the money!) This sounds interesting..... Smile

Oh, and it's from a place I can trust. (hopefully) Yep, was caught by the "oil" scam in trying to switch and try someting new. :/

~~ "I'll have cafe mocha vodka valium latte to go, please!" ( make mine a tall skinny double shot!) ~~

Zaksgrrl1288297842.4039844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark

I love organic skincare. Could you please give us an idea of what the active ingredients are?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When I get through this, I'm going to live the life of an adventurer.
Bear Grylls

CAT FAN1288298031.383685 PostsRegistered 7/19/2010Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
On 10/28/2010 LACheermom said:

Ladies, how do you think this would be for almost 40(ouch {#emotions_dlg.blushing}!) oily in the t-zone area, with some break outs skin? I've wanted to try but not sure what type of skin its good for! I would love your opinions!!

TIA

LACheermom - I am almost 48 (OUCH) and I am oily in the t-zone and I have a few breakouts, not many but I get like the gigantic one in the middle of my chin or forehead. I have not had a breakout since I started using these products. You know, everyone's skin is different and what works for one person does not work for another but like I said in my earlier post I have tried so many different products and these just seem to really work for me. They are affordable when they are not on sale and they (shopnbc) has really good deals on the products when she is on, they are easy to use and they are working. My skin feels so soft and my make-up just goes on better and it takes less. I do recommend trying the products and you can return them if you don't like them.

CAT FAN1288298392.423685 PostsRegistered 7/19/2010Home of the Kentucky Wildcats

From ShopNBC's website - This is the ingredient list for the Peach Exfoliating Cleanser (which by the way makes my skin feel so soft) - Certified ToxicFree): Organic Extracts* Infused in Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel*: [Apple*, Algae*, Sugar Cane*, Camellia japonica (Green Tea)*Citrus sinensis (Orange) Peel*, Citrus paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed*, Vaccinium macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit*, Citrus limon (Lemon) Peel*,], Vegetable Glycerin*, Cetearyl & Palmitate & Sorbitan Olivate (Non-GMO Olive Derived), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glacier Pelloid Silt*, Decyl Glucoside (Raw Sugar Cleanser), CoconutOil, Caprilic Capriclic Triglycerides (Derived from Coconut Oil), Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Grains, Palm Kernal Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Laurate, Cellulose Gum (Plant Thickener), Lonicera japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) Flower Extract (and) Lonicera caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (Plant Preservatives), Castor Oil, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Peach Juice Essence*.
*Certified Organic

I have no idea what these ingredients are or if they are organic but her products carry a seal of some sort stating that the products are certified organic. This is a picture of the moisturizer - the seal is on the side.

libby3301288298464.953648 PostsRegistered 2/22/2008Some Beach / Florida

I must be the only one having trouble with her products. I thought I would give it a try but I find my skin to feel a bit tacky after usuing the serum and face cream. It just seems to take to long to soak in and yes I did use her peach cleanser and that I do like.

rudy1288298672.222297 PostsRegistered 1/8/2005

It's fantastic. Love all of SS's organic products.

feebeepapp­as1288298803.037866 PostsRegistered 2/10/2006over the hills and far away....

hmmmm... the sticky part does make me think. BUT, I think I am going to give it a whirl. With those value pays, why not. I wish I could just find something and stick with it! I do like PTR PM retinol fusion. THAT I am happy about. Oh, and I THINK I like the neck creme from Bare Escentuals. For me it's toooo much for the face. I have oily skin.

~~ "I'll have cafe mocha vodka valium latte to go, please!" ( make mine a tall skinny double shot!) ~~

CAT FAN1288299264.97685 PostsRegistered 7/19/2010Home of the Kentucky Wildcats

And I spray the toner on my face after cleansing and then swipe with a cotton ball and there is no leftover makeup or dirt on the cotton ball which is a huge plus for me.

Karena1288299671.2235546 PostsRegistered 6/30/2008Bay Area, California

I just received the Peach Exfoliating Cleanser last night and tried it for the first time!! I am IN LOVE!! This left my skin so bright, fresh and renewed!! It feels lovely on, and is a pleasure to rinse off. The texture is so smooth and soft when you add water to rinse. I left it on for a good five minutes. I am so happy I got this on Auto Delivery, two 5 oz. Peach Exfoliating Cleansers for about $19.00!! Amazing price and highly effective cleaner/exfoliator!! I am sure she will have her skin care kit as a TSV again soon, an I will be sure to order the whole system soon! I could not be more pleased!!

Woodsy Wom­an1288299911.384227 PostsRegistered 8/27/2007

I also love, love her 4 piece kit and her serum. I have noticed in a week a big change in my face and how bright it is, I have used the peach exfoliator and love it !!

After I cleanse my face I use the toner and then SS suggested to apply the serum while your face is still moist from the toner. I do this and it seems to work really well doing it the way she suggested and then I apply her moisturizer.

I am VERY happy that I ordered AD for the serum and her 4 piece set .

Just an FYI I do have very sensitive skin and my skin is loving her products.

Last edited on 10/28/2010

Last edited on 10/28/2010

~~ The world is a wonderful place and everyone should shut up and enjoy it every once in a while. ~~

chickenbutt1288306356.70724212 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

I used the exfoliating cleanser in the shower this morning and really enjoyed it. The smell is simply divine! But then I adore the smell of peach and would wear it for perfume if I could find one! hehe. I found a peach edp at L'Occitane, but it was kind of floral. I just like straight-up peach. Nothing smells better to me than peaches!

Does the serum smell the same as the cleanser? I know a number of people got both, so somebody out there has probably already checked them out. Usually I go for fragrance-free but I make an exception for a good peach scent.

Truth be told, I'm surprised that I have purchased a celeb-endorsed type of skincare but I am definitely NOT disappointed.

Last edited on 10/28/2010

Last edited on 10/28/2010

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

feebeepapp­as1288309303.853866 PostsRegistered 2/10/2006over the hills and far away....

I like natural smelling products...not the perfumey type smells. For some reason the funky smell of perricone is getting to me, it didn't bother me at first. I don't know if my system is changing or not, but I can't do it anymore. I ordered the SS Organic kit and also the serum. i do like serums a lot.

~~ "I'll have cafe mocha vodka valium latte to go, please!" ( make mine a tall skinny double shot!) ~~

Zaksgrrl1288310613.0579844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark
On 10/28/2010 CAT FAN said:

From ShopNBC's website - This is the ingredient list for the Peach Exfoliating Cleanser (which by the way makes my skin feel so soft) - Certified ToxicFree): Organic Extracts* Infused in Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel*: [Apple*, Algae*, Sugar Cane*, Camellia japonica (Green Tea)*Citrus sinensis (Orange) Peel*, Citrus paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed*, Vaccinium macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit*, Citrus limon (Lemon) Peel*,], Vegetable Glycerin*, Cetearyl & Palmitate & Sorbitan Olivate (Non-GMO Olive Derived), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glacier Pelloid Silt*, Decyl Glucoside (Raw Sugar Cleanser), CoconutOil, Caprilic Capriclic Triglycerides (Derived from Coconut Oil), Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Grains, Palm Kernal Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Laurate, Cellulose Gum (Plant Thickener), Lonicera japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) Flower Extract (and) Lonicera caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (Plant Preservatives), Castor Oil, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Peach Juice Essence*.
*Certified Organic

I have no idea what these ingredients are or if they are organic but her products carry a seal of some sort stating that the products are certified organic. This is a picture of the moisturizer - the seal is on the side.

Thanks. Pretty cool.

For those who don't get thrilled with her brand, I can highly recommend the Pangea Organics line. Truly organic (30% more antioxidant power therefore) and totally yummy. If you want to try one thing: try the Japanese Matcha Tea mask. They only make one mask as it will take care of whatever is going on with your skin: dry, oily, irritated, flaky, etc. I lllooooooooooooooooovvvve it!!!!!!!!!

PO supports Women for Women International (women in the industrialized world 'sister' a women in the third world, supporting financially and emotionally with letters and updates so that you become true sisters). But you can buy PO at a discount from SoapHope.com. The owner, Salah, defers 100% of his profits every year to invest in microloans ($5k and less) to women in developing countries. His success is awesome, and he is currently on tour to government, universities, corporations, and other alliances to preach the socially responsible business model. He is a one man wonder!

.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When I get through this, I'm going to live the life of an adventurer.
Bear Grylls

Karena1288314152.6035546 PostsRegistered 6/30/2008Bay Area, California
On 10/28/2010 sailorgal said:
On 10/28/2010 CAT FAN said:

From ShopNBC's website - This is the ingredient list for the Peach Exfoliating Cleanser (which by the way makes my skin feel so soft) - Certified ToxicFree): Organic Extracts* Infused in Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel*: [Apple*, Algae*, Sugar Cane*, Camellia japonica (Green Tea)*Citrus sinensis (Orange) Peel*, Citrus paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed*, Vaccinium macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit*, Citrus limon (Lemon) Peel*,], Vegetable Glycerin*, Cetearyl & Palmitate & Sorbitan Olivate (Non-GMO Olive Derived), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glacier Pelloid Silt*, Decyl Glucoside (Raw Sugar Cleanser), CoconutOil, Caprilic Capriclic Triglycerides (Derived from Coconut Oil), Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Grains, Palm Kernal Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Laurate, Cellulose Gum (Plant Thickener), Lonicera japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) Flower Extract (and) Lonicera caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (Plant Preservatives), Castor Oil, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Peach Juice Essence*.<br /> *Certified Organic

I have no idea what these ingredients are or if they are organic but her products carry a seal of some sort stating that the products are certified organic. This is a picture of the moisturizer - the seal is on the side.

Thanks. Pretty cool.

For those who don't get thrilled with her brand, I can highly recommend the Pangea Organics line. Truly organic (30% more antioxidant power therefore) and totally yummy. If you want to try one thing: try the Japanese Matcha Tea mask. They only make one mask as it will take care of whatever is going on with your skin: dry, oily, irritated, flaky, etc. I lllooooooooooooooooovvvve it!!!!!!!!!

PO supports Women for Women International (women in the industrialized world 'sister' a women in the third world, supporting financially and emotionally with letters and updates so that you become true sisters). But you can buy PO at a discount from SoapHope.com. The owner, Salah, defers 100% of his profits every year to invest in microloans ($5k and less) to women in developing countries. His success is awesome, and he is currently on tour to government, universities, corporations, and other alliances to preach the socially responsible business model. He is a one man wonder!

.

Hi sailorgal - I also HIGHLY recommend Pangea Organics! It's so nourishing, I feel like my skin thanks me every time I use it! Thanks for the discount link. I will use it!

Page 1 of 2