TSV(R) Preview
154 Members and 15841 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

60+ WOMEN...WHAT CONCEALER DO U USE???

Started 1288241755.203 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1288569034.193 by smaz

I'm having difficulty finding a concealer for "dark" undereye and inner eye areas.

Those I have tried seem to emphasize the "wrinkles"{#emotions_dlg.sad}

TIA

Jan

From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another. Jn 1:16

Page 1 of 1
lowmainten­ancegal1288245226.38931 PostsRegistered 9/3/2007

I'd be anxious to see the replies as well. Although my issue isn't dark circles, but very pronounced puffy undereye bags. I've had lifelong allergies to a lot of things and I can't find a concealer that doesn't accentuate the bags.

Sunshine1288247990.12826 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004

I'm 60 and have had dark circles and allergies forever. I have yet to find a concealer that works for me.

MrsSweetie­Bear2u1288253156.9572407 PostsRegistered 8/4/2010

I'm 61 and I use mineral make-up concealer. I just tap it on over my moisturizer or eye cream (lately I've been using emu oil as "eye cream"). Or if I feel it is too cakey or powdery, I mix the minerals with the cream or oil. This works very well for me.

Seattle Gr­ammy1288260956.133412 PostsRegistered 6/16/2008

I have the dark blueish inner eye areas & just recently read that concealer should just be applied sparingly to that area only & blended up towards & even a bit over the bridge of the nose.

NOT blended under the eye & out towards the ear which just emphasizes lines--which is what I'd always done.

Tried that method & what a huge difference! I already use the LG Real Deal concealer for various dark spots & some broken capillaries on my cheeks so tried this on the inner eye area too.

Word of caution--an extremely TINY amount goes a long way. Just squeeze out a tiny drop (about the size of a tiny pimple {#emotions_dlg.blushing} ) & dot half of that in each area & blend, blend, blend. Squeeze out more than that & you'll be dotting the remainder on other areas of your face!

Doing just that inner eye are was all I needed to do.

Vivian1288261274.7073072 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I use the old Max Factor in a tube. Cover Girl makes a similar product, I think. I spent a fortune on concealers over the years and found that blending in that cheapo drugstore brand does the trick as well or better than any of the expensive brands I've tried.

Gal1288264094.6571763 PostsRegistered 9/18/2007

Ladies,

I'm 67 and have tried many concealers as most of you. For me, the Laura Geller Real Deal is one of the best. Maybeline concealer/highlighter is also pretty good. I just recently ordered "Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer" #A211531 but haven't used it yet so don't know if it is going to be good or not - most of the reviews were favorable. Another excellent concealer is from the BOOTS skincare line. (Made in England but found only at Target stores or online).

jacnit1288265079.3932136 PostsRegistered 3/1/2010

I'm with you! although I don't have dark circles, I do have puffy undereyes and when I use concealer it seems to settle into the little wrinkles under my eyes and I have little tiny vertical lines filled with concealer..not pretty{#emotions_dlg.blush} I do find that I have a heavy hand w/it so am trying to lighten it up a bit but still searching for that one magical one! might check out the BOOTS at Target!

BeautyAddi­ction1288272471.8935411 PostsRegistered 6/8/2007NY

I was watching a makeup presentation and it showed how to put the concealer in a v under your eye, not going to where the outer eye wrinkles were -- what a difference.

That being said I like Bye Bye Undereye first, then LG Real Deal.

OVER 60: SKIN - menopausal, dry, not sensitive, few eye wrinkles, mouth to chin (puppet) lines.
HAIR - dry, dyed, curly, frizzy shoulderr length/NOW STRAIGHTENED

Jam1288273327.0631600 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

I have a drawer full of concealers! I like the real deal but it is too yellow for my pink skin. I haven't tried Bye Bye but would like to. I'm always on the search but really need pink undertones. One thing that I have found to help with application if you have bags is to apply the concealer with a small brush ONLY to the dark circle and NOT the bag. If you apply to the bag, it only makes it more pronounced. I then let it dry out for a time and very gently tap until it is blended.

Don't make me use UPPERCASE! ~~~ Maxine

How do you prevent sagging? Just eat till the wrinkles fill out! ~~~ Maxine

bijouix1288274961.997213 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I use a blue concealer, most professionals due. Mine is made my a company out o f NJ called Cardeaux, used to be in all the major stores, like Bloomies, Macy's, A&S, etc. Still the best product I ever used on myself or others, called Corrective. It ia never drying and the blue fades as you pat it in and it stays all day. No smearing of eyelinener or mascara. You can add another product over if you like. I get Cardeaux online now, don't think it's sold in stores anymore.

Some days if I am away from the house and don't take my makeup I grab Isomer One touch concealer (best concealer other than corrective I ever tried and works)which is just beautiful also, however I can never use it alone as it has MAP (VitC) and I can not put any Vit C directly near my eyes..whatsoever. I can only use Vit C on my skin maybe once a week.

Last edited on 10/28/2010

Last edited on 10/28/2010

itsMe1288280678.653330 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida
On 10/28/2010 bijouix said:

I get Cardeaux online now, don't think it's sold in stores anymore.

bijouix, do you have a preferred site? I'm not getting a lot of info in my search.

Thanks!

millieshops1288280857.8214189 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

I use no concealer and it's not because there's nothing to conceal! Even if I try one that looks okay when I apply it, by the time I'm ready to cleanse later it has found the lines and wrinkles I've earned over the last 7 decades - and I'm fairly wrinkle-free compared to many of my friends.

codywhitney1288284202.56575 PostsRegistered 6/20/2007California

I have a new love...it's the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller.I am 61 with allergies,some puffiness and circles.

little boo­bala1288285567.057274 PostsRegistered 1/18/2009

I too am having a problem with concealer for under eye problems. I look worse with it than with out it. I have tried Laura Geller. Mally, Bare Minerals, Cover girl you name it I just don't like any of them. I am 60.

Is it me? They seem to make me look dry and wrinkled. so I just quit using them. Maybe I didn't look as bad as I thought.

grandma r1288286822.8431105 PostsRegistered 10/26/2010

I too have dark circles. Sometimes I use BE Bisque. No need to swirl, tap, & buff; just apply w/brush. It even works on the discoloration on either side of the nose. Another one to use, especially in hot weather, is Mally's 2 piece combo. There are 2 seperate compacts w/a double ended brush. Apply the white first, then brush on the tint. It's not heavy & stays on even in high humidity. Hope this helps.

QVCOldTimer1288295508.437647 PostsRegistered 5/19/2008

Hi Grace,

I like Paula's Choice cream concealer in a little jar. It is yellow based, covers but is

creamy and easy to blend. Does not settle into my lines and wrinkles.

author1288299124.34137 PostsRegistered 7/3/2005

I am 64 and have these same problems. I use BB face palette that has a correcter and concealer, but I only use it now on the very inner corner where it is darker/bluer.

If I use under my eyes the lines are intensified, escpecially when you talk, smile, etc. It is drying too, and I haven't found a concealer that doesn't settle. I use BB hydrating eye cream first, but really this area is always dry and gets worse as the day goes on.

Just ordered camouflage concealer from Prescriptives in my fair B/R skin tone, and hope that will work better. LG real deal was way too yellow.

His Grace1288311645.527234 PostsRegistered 11/11/2007
On 10/28/2010 Gal said:

Ladies,

I'm 67 and have tried many concealers as most of you. For me, the Laura Geller Real Deal is one of the best. Maybeline concealer/highlighter is also pretty good. I just recently ordered "Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer" #A211531 but haven't used it yet so don't know if it is going to be good or not - most of the reviews were favorable. Another excellent concealer is from the BOOTS skincare line. (Made in England but found only at Target stores or online).

"I was watching a makeup presentation and it showed how to put the concealer in a v under your eye, not going to where the outer eye wrinkles were -- what a difference.

That being said I like Bye Bye Undereye first, then LG Real Deal." BeautyAddiction

Thank you everyone for responding. Just knowing that I am not alone (still looking for a GOOD/GREAT concealer in my 60s) makes me feel better. I am going to try Seattle Grammy’s and BeautyAddiction’s advice for application.

I, too, am more pink (so LG being yellow based) is probably not an option, but I’m thinking about BB. As "Gal" mentioned, the reviews vary on BB, so I’ll probably sleep on it. Hey, "Gal" when u try your BB, please let us know what u think!

Thanks again “everyone”… if you find something new in the interim, please post for all of us over 60 gals.

May He richly bless you,

His Grace

From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another. Jn 1:16

BeautyAddi­ction1288354990.6435411 PostsRegistered 6/8/2007NY

His Grace,

I have also found that I have to put on a thick eye moisturizer under my eye first, then my concealer over that -- some people mix the moisturizer with concealer but it works better for me the way I do it. I put it on with a brush and then tap in with fingertips.

Hope that helps.

OVER 60: SKIN - menopausal, dry, not sensitive, few eye wrinkles, mouth to chin (puppet) lines.
HAIR - dry, dyed, curly, frizzy shoulderr length/NOW STRAIGHTENED

Lindsays G­randma1288419067.7733898 PostsRegistered 5/3/2007Arizona, formerly San Fernando Valley, CA

Bye Bye Under Eye number one, Cover Girl number two.

Lindsay's Grandma

calcgirl1288419984.861645 PostsRegistered 9/5/2008Az

I love Estee Lauder. The concealer comes in a blue tube, I have used it for years and won't use anything else.

colson1288420900.627428 PostsRegistered 10/23/2007East Coast
On 10/28/2010 Seattle Grammy said:

I have the dark blueish inner eye areas & just recently read that concealer should just be applied sparingly to that area only & blended up towards & even a bit over the bridge of the nose.

NOT blended under the eye & out towards the ear which just emphasizes lines--which is what I'd always done.

Tried that method & what a huge difference! I already use the LG Real Deal concealer for various dark spots & some broken capillaries on my cheeks so tried this on the inner eye area too.

Word of caution--an extremely TINY amount goes a long way. Just squeeze out a tiny drop (about the size of a tiny pimple {#emotions_dlg.blushing} ) & dot half of that in each area & blend, blend, blend. Squeeze out more than that & you'll be dotting the remainder on other areas of your face!

Doing just that inner eye are was all I needed to do.

Yep, that Real Deal is really great stuff...and you are right about a tiny amount and blending. Really knocks out undereye issues without looking awful in crevices, or other splotchiness anywhere on your face. it is amazing how little you need.

colson1288421068.587428 PostsRegistered 10/23/2007East Coast
On 10/28/2010 little boobala said:

I too am having a problem with concealer for under eye problems. I look worse with it than with out it. I have tried Laura Geller. Mally, Bare Minerals, Cover girl you name it I just don't like any of them. I am 60.

Is it me? They seem to make me look dry and wrinkled. so I just quit using them. Maybe I didn't look as bad as I thought.

REal Deal works for me, but if not, True Match at the drugstore is a little thinner and easier to use and should work better so you aren't having it in the crevices.

summerblue1288421820.022301 PostsRegistered 12/26/2007Long Island, NY

I'm almost 56, so I hope I count. :) Have any of you gals tried Eve Pearl's Salmon concealer. I love it. It is a cream. After EP came out with her's that when BB came out with her salmon concealer powder which I haven't tried yet. It's pricey, but if you sign up for her emails, you may catch a 50%-off sale. She had one last year, but don't know if she will have one this year. Check out her website & her you tube channel under her name of course. She, also, promos her sales on youtube channel. If you're not familiar with her she's a big makeup artist amongst the celebrities & in the past 2 years, she's come out with her own line. Since her stuff is pricey, I just indulge in the concealer. She always attends all the big makeup shows in NY & LA. And even if you don't use her line, you can learn the simple basics of great makeup application watching her terrific videos. And I can't believe it really is so simple.

Here's a terrific video on applying foundation & the salmon concealer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqUp5372OO4

In this short one, she reversed the concealer & foundation application. I guess it's what works best for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j-NR7OzA_4&feature=related

If any of you gals have a true salmon powder in your makeup kit (think blush) try powdering it on. Before I ordered, I had a SB blush wherein one of the stripes fortunately was salmon so I got to try the concept before I bought hers, &, you know what, salmon really camouflages the darkness by evening out the skintone. I love her concealer & I'll never be without, but when I have the opportunity to check out BB's I will. Might work well to keep in my bag for quick powder touch-ups.

Thanks for letting me jump in! :)

Last edited on 10/30/2010

Last edited on 10/30/2010

smaz1288569034.191087 PostsRegistered 6/19/2009AZ. Valley of the Sun

Well, I'm closer to 80 than 60 but have tried many concealers. The absolute best I've ever used is A 206291. I apply it under eye near nose and hit the biggest brown spots, then apply my foundation. A very small touch with the brush will do it. I believe she won an award for this concealer one year. I use #2 which looks really light on the Q photo but blends perfectly for me.

When your heart speaks, take notes.

Page 1 of 1