Creede Silver Sale
131 Members and 16793 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Anyone know of Alpha Hydroxy Pads can buy in brick and mortar store and not online?

Started 1288100060.52 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1288393398.893 by Sugar Peach

I know I can buy lotions and creams and pore cleansers but would like pads (like Dr. D's) but I can't seem to find any. Anyone know?

OVER 60: SKIN - menopausal, dry, not sensitive, few eye wrinkles, mouth to chin (puppet) lines.
HAIR - dry, dyed, curly, frizzy shoulderr length/NOW STRAIGHTENED

Page 1 of 1
JoElla1288117546.9410552 PostsRegistered 8/6/2006Texas

I don't know, but hopefully someone will chime in and tell us.

Dachsie1288117964.1772607 PostsRegistered 6/4/2006

Ulta sells the Exuviance line and I think, not positive, that brand sells a pad with AHA in it.

Even in the expensive Dept stores lines, AHA is not an ingredient found in most of the products.

For the drug store brands, there are no AHA pads to my knowledge.

I was wondering if a person could not buy the Walgreens AHA creme for about 5$ and then put that in a bottle with water (or some other mild clear liquid astringent) , shake it up, and then soak some cotton cosmetic pads and use that to swab on the skin.

cassiem1288118876.86807 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I don't know about any drugstore pads meant to be used daily. There are several brands meant for weekly peels (alpha hydrox, Jeffrey Dover skin effects). You could just buy a glycolic acid toner and use it on cotton pads.

BeautyAddi­ction1288122266.045785 PostsRegistered 6/8/2007NY

Thanks to all who replied.

Dachsie I don't think a cream mixed with a liquid would work as well, but thanks for trying. Maybe I'll try a toner with AHA in it.

OVER 60: SKIN - menopausal, dry, not sensitive, few eye wrinkles, mouth to chin (puppet) lines.

cassiem1288126172.216807 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

A really good drugstore toner is Aqua Glycolic. It contains 11% glycolic acid. It's available at pharmacies behind the pharmacy counter, they will order it for you if they don't have it in stock. Aqua Glycolic started out as the drugstore version of MD Forte before the company was split and sold.

http://www.aquaglycolic.com/aqua_glycolic_toner.asp

BeautyAddi­ction1288126258.6575785 PostsRegistered 6/8/2007NY
On 10/26/2010 cassiem said:

A really good drugstore toner is Aqua Glycolic. It contains 11% glycolic acid. It's available at pharmacies behind the pharmacy counter, they will order it for you if they don't have it in stock. Aqua Glycolic started out as the drugstore version of MD Forte before the company was split and sold.

http://www.aquaglycolic.com/aqua_glycolic_toner.asp

Thanks cassiem.

raildog1288127010.1831116 PostsRegistered 9/19/2010

Cassiem, is aqua glycolic toner sticky at all? It sounds what I might be looking for. I am so glad that I have found all of you wonderful ladies---I have learned so much! thx

shy

cerinthe1288128273.8332608 PostsRegistered 7/12/2005
On 10/26/2010 Dachsie said:

I was wondering if a person could not buy the Walgreens AHA creme for about 5$ and then put that in a bottle with water (or some other mild clear liquid astringent) , shake it up, and then soak some cotton cosmetic pads and use that to swab on the skin.

I don't recommend doing this because it will alter the pH and make the acids ineffective, and/or introduce additional bacteria in, possible contamination along with diluting the preservatives in the product... Just a fyi.

I can't find the Alpha Hydrox line in So. Cal., and its not worth it for me to drive around trying to find product that hasn't been sitting on the shelves or backrooms for months and months. I buy either from drugstore.com or Neoteric, and if you sign up for Neoteric (the maker of Alpha Hydrox,) they regularly have sales where its 'buy one get one' and/or 'everything 7.99' or similar significant sales. Usually in July and January are the best ones. If you see a 'buy one get one' that's about as good as it gets, so go for it. They did a 'everything is 7.99' one which was new this year, and for the pads, it was an amazing deal. And they will do free ship with a purchase over a certain amount. And my orders have always been correct from them.

Aqua Glycolic is a good and similar line to Alpha Hydrox. I like the cream cleanser of Aqua Glycolic and think its the best AHA cream cleanser out there! But I'm not crazy about the rest of the line, especially not the moisturizer. I have to say, I can't remember what's in the toner, but if its 11% AHA, then I say try it, sounds like a good inexpensive double to that 10% AHA toner by DDF (which also has alcohol in it,) and a possible solution to the 'make your own liquid exfoliant/pads' problem! Our locally owned (not a chain, but mom and pop) drugstore carries the Aqua Glycolic line here, so you may also find it locally, but try the 'independant' stores that cater to hospital patients, prescriptions, etc. Drugstore.com carries this line too.

cassiem1288209051.3336807 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 10/26/2010 shygrl said:

Cassiem, is aqua glycolic toner sticky at all? It sounds what I might be looking for. I am so glad that I have found all of you wonderful ladies---I have learned so much! thx

shy

I haven't used glycolic products for many years because my skin can no longer tolerate them. But when I used them, I found that all glycolic products left my skin feeling sticky. I just let the product absorb and dry, then wiped the residue off with a kleenex or dry washcloth.

Cranberries1288209480.57310673 PostsRegistered 4/14/2009

I've never found these in any store but Neoteric Cosmetics here has the Alpha Hydrox line. 14% glycolic AHA swipes. I really like them. Their 10% glycolic AHA gel is really nice too. I use the pads about once a week, but use the gel everyday. My face is so smooth. Use code FB1 to save 10% of your order.

"It's unexplainable... like that high pitched whistle that only dogs can hear"
(thanks stilltamn8r!)

BeautyAddi­ction1288213497.5975785 PostsRegistered 6/8/2007NY
On 10/27/2010 Cranberries said:

I've never found these in any store but Neoteric Cosmetics here has the Alpha Hydrox line. 14% glycolic AHA swipes. I really like them. Their 10% glycolic AHA gel is really nice too. I use the pads about once a week, but use the gel everyday. My face is so smooth. Use code FB1 to save 10% of your order.

Thanks cranberries. Was hoping I could just purchase from a store, but so far no real luck.

HopeReigns1288215351.0933517 PostsRegistered 5/4/2007

I can't find AH products in my pissant town, but I ordered $50 plus items a week or so ago and was not charged shipping nor tax. Good deal. I love AH products and have used them for years.

Hope, >^.^<

"

Shay1288221222.9731239 PostsRegistered 9/8/2005

Ulta carries the Alpha Hydrox brand, but I don't remember ever seeing the pads there. I compared the price of the AH brand to my Dr. D auto delivery. I get the two pack of 100 pads for $66.24 (A201075). Even with shipping from the Q they are about half the price of the AH brand pads. I think the AH pads are a higher percentage, though (14 percent).

Cranberries1288281403.57710673 PostsRegistered 4/14/2009

I wanted to add, they have a newsletter sign up but they never get sent to me, even adjusting spam settings. Anyhow check their site frequently because when they have sales, the sales are REALLY good. Last one was buy one get a second for 99 cents. Sometimes they do 50% off too.

HTH

Many people use this line and have talked here about the products they like and I've been so happy with their products and results. I had never heard of it until reading it here, so glad now!

"It's unexplainable... like that high pitched whistle that only dogs can hear"
(thanks stilltamn8r!)

tobes1288382945.3765 PostsRegistered 10/11/2007

YES - TRY DRUGSTORE.COM

Sugar Peach1288393398.883270 PostsRegistered 9/10/2010

If you have an avon rep near you I'd recommend Anew Clinical Retexturizing Pads...they are AHA Gylcolic, I ordered some last month on sale for $15 for 30 pads from my rep and they are very good, well saturated plus I cut them in half so they last longer.

HTH Smile

Sugar
@)--'--,---

Page 1 of 1