TSV(R) Preview
27 Members and 13113 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

DOES WEN REALLY WORK?

Started 1286848463.3 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1287190895.543 by LostGirl

Just wondering if Wen hair care really works. It seems strange to shampoo with conditioner and not have oily, weighed down results.

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
fashion_fr­eak1286849037.213859 PostsRegistered 9/23/2009

granted, i have not used texture balm, styling creme, etc, only the conditioner, I did not notice great results, and considering how much Chaz "reccomended" i use for my hair i simply cannot afford it, i went through a 6-oz bottle in like 4 washings, and they are $15 each, I will stick to my Suave -generic brand Biolage

Pixie Jo1286849189.9233511 PostsRegistered 7/4/2009

Doesn't work at all according to Paula Begoun (the cosmetics cop). It is very expensive.

The WEN models have great-looking hair, but I attribute that to a blow dryer and brush in a professional's hands. I have yet to try it, but don't want to be out $40 right now. I'll get around to it eventually.

Pixie Jo

MissCodi1286849501.577519 PostsRegistered 8/26/2007

I have used WEN for a year now, and will NEVER go back to shampoo. It has been anti-aging for my hair and my color stays in and doesn't fade. My hair has never been so healthy, shiny and glorious. Therefore, I personally LOVE Wen.

Try it - and if you don't agree - send it back.

I think the other WENderful users on these boards would tell you to do the same thing.

YOU can be the only person who can decide if it is right for YOU

Katrin B1286850082.027118 PostsRegistered 7/6/2009

I was on the fence for a long time. Finally took the plunge with the TSV. I have to say, that I really like it. Not in the LOVE phase yet. While I was waiting for WEN to arrive, I started to just wash my hair with my RUSK CALM conditioner. That was a good way to ease in. Also, all the discussions and worries about how many pumps to use, and how long it takes feel overblown. After watching the video on Chaz's website once, and then doing it a couple of times, it all falls into place. Just start with the hair and finish with the hair, do the rest of your body in the middle of your shower, and you are good to go.

Thanks Chaz, for making a nice product, naturally and ethically. Sylvia

Dell1286850411.8432214 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006Northern California
On 10/11/2010 Pixie Jo said:

Doesn't work at all according to Paula Begoun (the cosmetics cop). It is very expensive.

The WEN models have great-looking hair, but I attribute that to a blow dryer and brush in a professional's hands. I have yet to try it, but don't want to be out $40 right now. I'll get around to it eventually.

So it doesn't work according to Paula Begoun. Yeah like that makes me not want to try something. LOL I have watched WEN for years and read many things so I understood the concept. I didn't jump in right away. I did buy the last TSV and yes it does cleanse your hair. It is strange to think after 59 years of cleansing with shampoo that you don't need suds to cleanse. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose. My hair is not colored so can't comments on that aspect.

lyn in MI1286850418.16724046 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

shy addict - I posted this earlier today on another thread about WEN...

I began using WEN back in '07, after reading rave after rave on this board, but I will confess, I had a love hate relationship with it until I took the time to really learn how to use it. Until the 1st week of September I thought I'd been using it correctly, AND I still believe the fact that we have well water was affecting my results as well. I could use WEN in my weekly routine, but anytime I tried to use it exclusively, I simply didn't get the kind of results others raved about. What changed it all for me? I watched the YouTube videos Chaz and the WEN team have available over on Youtube for my hair type. I realized when I watched the videos, I wasn't using the product line as recommended, so I had to make a decision, and I did. We installed a Sprite (recommend by fellow members here on the QBB) shower head in our guest bath, and I made the commitment to cleanse my hair daily (as Chaz recommends newbies do) for one week AND follow the steps exactly as the vids instructed.

Fast forward over a month later, and I can report I am officialy a WENNER! I have no need to use any other poo/cons. I am so glad I didn't give up on WEN.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

JMINNY1286850429.9772233 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006N.Y.

A-212024.....WEN "try me " kit....Why not order the "try me" kit so you can "try it" and see for yourself....That's really the only way to find out.....

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.

I am a WEN girl, a Geller girl, a Mallinista, and proud of it!!!

MoJoV1286850456.7631379 PostsRegistered 10/1/2010

I've used Wen..it's alright. I didn't get all the great results you hear about. It's costly for the results I got. If it made a huge difference in my hair I wouldn't mind,but it did'nt. Maybe others got all the great results they speak of but I didn't.

There is a natural comfort in the company of creatures.

RedConvert­ibleGirl1286850559.67313033 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

It didn't work for me. I wanted it to, gave it a good try, but it didn't.

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

lyn in MI1286850640.76324046 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 10/11/2010 Pixie Jo said:

Doesn't work at all according to Paula Begoun (the cosmetics cop).

...Cut...

I would be willing to weigh her opinion, however she bases it on no personal experience with the product. How in the world can she claim it "doesn't work at all"?

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

BrewCity1286850832.31287 PostsRegistered 11/26/2008

DOES WEN REALLY WORK?

Not at all for me. I think it works horrible, is smelly and overpriced, BUT others seem to like it.

september1286850969.415964 PostsRegistered 6/29/2007

I like Wen, and think it's a great product. But I don't feel I need to use it exclusively, and find that it actually works better for me if I use it every other time I wash my hair.

So I still feel like I get the deep cleansing that a sudsy shampoo gives me, when I use those---about 3 x a week. But yet I don't totally dry out my hair, when I give it a break by using Wen 2 x a week. The other two days, I don't wash my hair.

RealLoisLa­ne1286854154.22427 PostsRegistered 8/5/2010

It did not work for me and I have dry, thick, course hair. And having to pump the bottle 30+ times was time-consuming and annoying.

A gimmick.

haveagoodd­ay1286854986.857233 PostsRegistered 5/31/2010

Hi!

I think it does work at least for me. It cleans my hair really well and I enjoy using it.

But I can't really afford to use it like I would like to! lol I mean I really like to use the recommended # of pumps and do the whole process but I have to cut some corners. So lately, I use it as just a conditioner sometimes. It still keeps my hair soft and my hair isn't frizzy but it saves on the cost a little. Then when I want to treat myself I do the whole process because I do enjoy it and my hair turns out nice!

Hope this helps!

Wadzlla1286855938.621881 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009

If you have great hair already, you do not need WEN.

If you do not watch the videos and use the product according to the DETAILED directions and videos available, do not even attempt to say WEN does not work for you., because you have never used the product correctly.

Cleansing with WEN takes extra time and there is a BIG learning curve.

I have baby fine, oily, colored (blonde) hair. My hair looks the best it has ever looked in my life (I am 56) now that I use WEN. I used to shampoo at least daily, in warm weather twice a day. I now shampoo every 3rd or 4th day.

As far as I am concerned, WEN is a miracle product, and worth every penny.

Cheryl A S­ophie1286866841.32936 PostsRegistered 10/20/2007

Amen Shihtzulover. I also love his products and am in hook line and sinker.

I have short curly FINE thin hair, and have not shampooed for years. I wash my hair maybe every 2-3 days, and like Katrin B said just start with your hair and end with your hair. If your just trying it a day or two cant say its not working for you.

I maintain a 32 oz bottle in my shower, squirt 8-9 pumps in my hand, after wetting my hair, rub hands together, put a little bit on front crown, rub hands again and do right and left sides, rub again and cover the back. Then let a bit of water hit and massage my hair and scalp, use more for body, rinse as I wash my face, yup with a part pump on my clarasonic, then rinse face, and hair, usually squirt a little more to leave in.

doesnt take long and sure helps me skin....

I also periodically use the remoist on my hair, but use it A LOT on my hands as have issues, texture balm is my friend, as is the body cleanser and moisturizer, all I wash with,

Oh and washed my Missy cat a few months ago with it, her coat still is lovely.

Last edited on 10/12/2010

Ban the Deed not the Breed.
Spay and Neuter your pet

Knitgirly1286878973.9771619 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

Yes it does- for me. I would think it really depends on your hair type. I have dry, coarse, wavy/curly hair, that always looked dry as hay. WEN has changed it a lot. And I do not use nearly as much product as he suggests, naybe 2-3 TBS on my medium length hair (it's enough). So it's not that pricey, and it helps my hair tremendously! He explains how even oilier hair/scalp benefits because regular shampoo strips the scalp and then the body over-produces more oil to compensate... This makes sense, perhaps it does work on all hair types! Great concept IMO!

foundinlv21286880004.8635277 PostsRegistered 6/16/2010

Wen definitely works for me. I get my hair highlighted and not only does the Cleansing Creme protect it from fading, I have great hair days now, everyday. I use the Lavender and then right before blow drying use more. I have tried the Styling Creme and like that too but I get just as good results using the cleansing creme in place of it if I run out. My hair is long and I bought the gallon in June and am also on the auto ship for the 32oz. BTW....my hair has never looked greasy or weighted down. I would not continue to use a product that produced such terrible results.

HiLo1286881018.536181 PostsRegistered 8/28/2007

I normally have short, fine hair; tried the Wen and it did nothing for me.

However, just recently I got my once a year perm and it came out too

curly. After I got the perm I tried Wen again and it's really great for

over processed hair. But Hair One worked just as well.

Visaqueen1286882217.8039242 PostsRegistered 1/29/2007Suffragette City

I love WEN! It is important to find the WEN ritual that works best for you, and that includes leave-ins. I have been pleased with this product line ever since it debuted on the Q.

When you figure out how much your hair actually needs, and then factor in the extra days you no longer have to cleanse, plus for me the far fewer leave-ins I need, it is actually more cost-effective for me to use WEN. JMO!

I have a fever . . . and the only cure . . . is more COWBELL!

fujikochan1286883612.8975 PostsRegistered 10/5/2010

WEN is seriously no better than Alberto VO5 conditioner. Both have cleansing properties. Both will give you that lovely comb-through effect y'all want. Stop wasting your $$

Shay1286886044.921236 PostsRegistered 9/8/2005

I'm still on the fence after having purchased the recent TSV. I don't dislike it, but I'm not sure I'll take the next auto deliveries for the price. I don't think the condition of my hair has improved, but I think I'll take Lyn's suggestion and use it every day for a week to see what happens. It absolutely does NOT leave your hair a greasy, weighed down mess (and why would anyone continue to use it if it did?). I have the oiliest scalp ever! WEN cleanses my hair and scalp very well (I'm using Cucumber Aloe and Lavender). I can go two days without washing with WEN. I have to wash every single day with shampoo and conditioner or I'm an oil slick.

itsMe1286887722.3833331 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida
On 10/11/2010 ShihTzuLover said:

My hair looks the best it has ever looked in my life (I am 56) now that I use WEN.

As far as I am concerned, WEN is a miracle product, and worth every penny.

Ditto to what ShihTzuLover said.... right down to the age.

Katrin B1286887823.97118 PostsRegistered 7/6/2009

Hey Shay and Shy Addict, I suggest you follow the instructions for new users closely, so you can figure out, what it can do for your hair. Probably the most overlooked steps are: Use WEN everyday for the first week, use a little bit as leave-in conditioner on the hair shaft only; do not use a towel/ loopy textured fabric but a knit, such as a T-Shirt. The other tip Chaz often mentions is, to repeat the washing once, just split the amount of product.

Compared with how I used to wash my hair, it doesn't seem to take much longer ( Shampoo sometimes twice, conditioner and leave-in conditioner after).

What attracted me to try WEN was the vibe around the products: ZEN SPA, Meditative, Natural etc and I find, that when I use WEN, it feels more like a time out, enjoying the process. Have fun with it!

iachick1286888194.613084 PostsRegistered 9/1/2008

shy addict,

Like any beauty product, it only really matters if it works for you! Why don't you get a "try me kit" and see what you think. With the QVC return policy, you can return it if you don't love it!

msbogwan

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next