Shoes & Handbags Offers
73 Members and 10495 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Argan, Emu, or Jojoba Oil???

Started 1286840300.6 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1287010442.187 by nodecaf

Hi ladies, I would love your opinion on which oil has worked best for your skin, and what skin type are you? I can't use Argan because of an allergy to nuts. I'm trying Emu now and it seems to be great for my dry skin. I've heard that Jojoba is best for oily. I'd appreciate your feedback. Oh, and also, do you mix it in with your moisturizer or put it on last? Thanks!

Sharon

Page 1 of 1
SuzyBailey1286843039.7975348 PostsRegistered 6/17/2007NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Argan oil for face and the one for the body from Zamouri Spices. I order my spices from them because I cook Moroccan food and they have a great black face paste. I use their argan cooking oil. Zamourispices.com. Some company in the Midwest.

"This Ain't Tennessee, and He Ain't You". Janie Fricke

cerinthe1286844918.3932608 PostsRegistered 7/12/2005

You know, I would look at carrot seed oil (Shea Terra Organics has these both.)

Carrot Seed Oil- Just what the doctor ordered for aging skin. A few drops of carrot seed oil a day could just keep the plastic surgeon away. High in vitamins A and beta carotene, this cold pressed oil (as opposed to distilled essential carrot seed oil) is the ultimate complexion repair serum as it works to reverse sun damage, promote cell renewal and provide deep moisturization.

Or melon seed oil?

Kalahari Seed Oil- Many of the world's most beneficial ingredients come from harsh, arid deserts like the Kalahari. Extracted from bitter melons, Kalahari seed oil is high in hydroxyl acids making it highly antioxidant. The oil is also high in essential fatty acids, protein and vitamin C. It is non-greasy and quickly absorbs making it an ideal oil for oily skin.

You're right in that its hard to find oils NOT derived from nuts! I used carrot seed oil a while back and loved it. Its very lightweight! I tried emu oil a while back, found it too heavy and when I found non-animal derived oils that I liked better, hopped over to them.
Last edited on 10/11/2010

Last edited on 10/11/2010

Twins1286847813.6172559 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007Chicago

Hi cerinthe, I was just there and it stated that the carrot oil is for sun damage. I'm looking more for an oil for dry skin, either alone or mixing with a moisturizer. In Chicago it sure gets cold and dry in the winter, lol! Unless I hear of something better, I think I'll stay with the Emu, but thanks much!

Sharon

Twins1286927511.5372559 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007Chicago

For all of you dry skin girlies out there, please try the Emu Oil if you haven't already! I was using it after my last step which is a moisturizer. Today I mixed it in with my day cream and awhile ago my night cream and oh my, it's SO good! Talk about absorbing and hydrating, and not just laying on the skin. Please try this, you won't be sorry!

But be careful where you buy it. I got mine at LongviewFarms dot com because of their reputation and the way they refine it. You can read everything they do on their site. They state it's also good for rosacea.

Sharon

Angel19481286929496.6134642 PostsRegistered 8/23/2008DFW Metroplex , Tx.

I found some emu oil I haven't even used yet. I'll try that on my face to.

Deb7771286930430.626929 PostsRegistered 6/25/2005

Simone France skin care has Emu Oil in it .

My daughter uses this line.. I bought some items, and the emu oil alone.. its very nice and hydrating.

I never compared it to any other oils.

You might want to take a look at www.simonefrance.com and look at the ingredients in each item.

there's a 20percent off going on until 12 am tonight.

Deb

Last edited on 10/12/2010

Last edited on 10/12/2010

:)

Deb7771286931390.0036929 PostsRegistered 6/25/2005
On 10/12/2010 Twins said:

For all of you dry skin girlies out there, please try the Emu Oil if you haven't already! I was using it after my last step which is a moisturizer. Today I mixed it in with my day cream and awhile ago my night cream and oh my, it's SO good! Talk about absorbing and hydrating, and not just laying on the skin. Please try this, you won't be sorry!

But be careful where you buy it. I got mine at LongviewFarms dot com because of their reputation and the way they refine it. You can read everything they do on their site. They state it's also good for rosacea.

I didnt think to mix it in my day cream, thanks for the idea.

Deb

:)

Twins1286931462.1472559 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007Chicago

Hi Angel, I'm loving this stuff, lol! I wanted to be careful where I ordered because of the grade of it. At the place where I ordered, it says the shelf life, without refrigeration, is 3-4 yrs.! I couldn't believe without the natural preservative of Vit. E.

Sharon

Twins1286931942.5932559 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007Chicago

Hi Deb, with so many allergies, I like to read the entire list but the Simone site only gives 'key' ingredients. I wish the Q would list all ingredients like the southern channel does. But thanks so much because others reading this might want to check your site out!

Sharon

chgogirl1286943516.8072160 PostsRegistered 8/5/2007

A year or two ago, my skin was very dry, Emu oil helped.

I did not use jojoba oil long enough. I do not even remember how my skin reacted to it. But I use it with castor oil in OCM.

Hate argan oil. It dried out my skin and made lines on my face

Twins1286950965.3972559 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007Chicago
On 10/12/2010 chgogirl said:

A year or two ago, my skin was very dry, Emu oil helped.

I did not use jojoba oil long enough. I do not even remember how my skin reacted to it. But I use it with castor oil in OCM.

Hate argan oil. It dried out my skin and made lines on my face

Wow, you must have dry skin like me. I am loving Emu Oil and hope that this continues. I have read that castor oil is good but beware of breakouts with it. I couldn't take Argan because of the relationship with nut oils. I'm sorry that it dried out your skin as I would think that, if not allergic, that it would improve. Please let us know what oils, moisturizers, etc. works for your dry skin. We would love to know!

Also, as Paula B. says, mineral oil and petrolatum act as a sealant, which is good. Very non-allergenic and no breakouts! I must be honest and say that I have ordered from some companies where 'mineral oil' has really bothered my skin! So I highly suggest that when ordering, you ask many questions!

Sharon

pucker1286967934.5431554 PostsRegistered 12/12/2007

TWINS:

Thank you so much for this post. I have an allergy to nuts to, which is why I stay away from all nut oils and shea butter. I didn't know Argan oil was from the nut family (never really researched it but people keep recommending it) and had thought about trying it. So glad I read this post--you saved me from a horrible skin experience :)

Twins1287010340.8772559 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007Chicago

Hi pucker, and I'm so glad that I could help. If we tell of our own experiences, we'll be helping many others. I love this board!

Sharon

nodecaf1287010442.1832480 PostsRegistered 4/15/2007Pinelands

My vote ---> Emu oil

Jojoba broke me out so badly.

My poor skin disliked it big time.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

“The first wealth is health.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 1