Just-Reduced Clearance
125 Members and 17557 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Has anyone else had this problem with Wen?

Started 1285797950.38 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1285894323.58 by anxiousone
replies

I have short, curly, highlighted hair to cover my grey. I purchased the Sweet Almond Mint & Tea Tree combination. I found that these two products actually dried my hair out--go figure. After the first cleansing of using half and half, following Chaz's directions, I tried the next time using more SAM and only a pump or two of TTree. Still my hair was so dry on the top especially. I went back to my Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner for color treated hair, and my hair has performed well. If I do a CC only, I have found that I like to use Suave Coconut Conditioner or Pantene Ice Shine Conditioner. I sent my Wen back, and I am going back to my 'ole "cheapy" conditioners for CC only. I also want to try the VO5 conditioners that others have posted that they like. I never thought that I would be posting about Wen drying my hair, but go figure--I'm just saying. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."

Page 1 of 1
laurayne1285809036.58113 PostsRegistered 1/30/2010

Wen dries my hair too! How do you do the Conditioner only cleansing? I'd like to try it.

MainelyMom­my1285810008.2931588 PostsRegistered 3/8/2010

I ordered the Wen tsv and sent it back. It was not good for my hair. The Suave coconut however is BRILLIANT. It works better than anything else I've tried. I will have to investigate Pantene ice shine, as I used to love pantene but did not know of a cone/protein free formula.


anxiousone1285820142.1731036 PostsRegistered 8/20/2008
On 9/29/2010 laurayne said:

Wen dries my hair too! How do you do the Conditioner only cleansing? I'd like to try it.

Laurayne, my advice is to start with the Suave Coconut Conditioner as your CC. I just squirt a handful into my hand, run it all through my hair and using my fingertips really massage my scalp. Next, I work the product throughout my hair. I rinse until I can hear my hair "squeak." This is all I do, except sometimes I massage about a teaspoon of Nioxin conditioner into my hair as my leave in conditioner, but you could put whatever hair product that you like as a leave-in or none at all. I must add that my hair is highlighted to cover my grey, and I have fine, curly hair.

With the Pantene Ice Shine, I use it just the way Chaz says to do his products, and on the second rinse, I make certain that I can hear the "squeaky clean" sound before I quit rinsing. Pantene is more hydrating. HTH {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."

anxiousone1285820480.181036 PostsRegistered 8/20/2008
On 9/29/2010 MainelyMommy said:

I ordered the Wen tsv and sent it back. It was not good for my hair. The Suave coconut however is BRILLIANT. It works better than anything else I've tried. I will have to investigate Pantene ice shine, as I used to love pantene but did not know of a cone/protein free formula.

MainelyMommy, I so agree with you about the Suave coconut. It is the best. I have found with my fine, color treated hair that when I want to use a shampoo that the Pantene for Color Treated hair is very soothing and nourishing to my hair and scalp. Pantene used to weigh my fine, curly hair done, but as I have aged, 58, it is really what my hair needs from time to time. Thanks for your reply, Anxious.

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."

Yuko1285821584.0471807 PostsRegistered 8/30/2005

Hey, if Suave works better than WEN, more money to you!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

anxiousone1285821707.3171036 PostsRegistered 8/20/2008
On 9/29/2010 Yuko said:

Hey, if Suave works better than WEN, more money to you!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thanks, Yuko! We can all use more money. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."

laurayne1285890151.713113 PostsRegistered 1/30/2010
On 9/29/2010 anxiousone said:
On 9/29/2010 laurayne said:

Wen dries my hair too! How do you do the Conditioner only cleansing? I'd like to try it.

Laurayne, my advice is to start with the Suave Coconut Conditioner as your CC. I just squirt a handful into my hand, run it all through my hair and using my fingertips really massage my scalp. Next, I work the product throughout my hair. I rinse until I can hear my hair "squeak." This is all I do, except sometimes I massage about a teaspoon of Nioxin conditioner into my hair as my leave in conditioner, but you could put whatever hair product that you like as a leave-in or none at all. I must add that my hair is highlighted to cover my grey, and I have fine, curly hair.

With the Pantene Ice Shine, I use it just the way Chaz says to do his products, and on the second rinse, I make certain that I can hear the "squeaky clean" sound before I quit rinsing. Pantene is more hydrating. HTH {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Sorry it took so long to respond, but thanks for the tips! It sounds easy enough. Do you think this would work with very dry, curly, graying hair? The gray parts are coarse, and the non-gray parts are fine. Also, what benefits do you see from this kind of cleansing?

anxiousone1285894281.7531036 PostsRegistered 8/20/2008

Laurayne, I think this CC method would be worth a try. I would add some kind of leave-in--your choice, and also a styling add for curly hair. The benefits of this kind of cleansing for me is that it keeps my hair very hydrated, and I have found that hydrated hair is much easier to style. HTH {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Anxious.

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."

anxiousone1285894323.5771036 PostsRegistered 8/20/2008

Laurayne, I think this CC method would be worth a try. I would add some kind of leave-in--your choice, and also a styling add for curly hair. The benefits of this kind of cleansing for me is that it keeps my hair very hydrated, and I have found that hydrated hair is much easier to style. HTH {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Anxious.

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."

Page 1 of 1