TSV(R) Preview
163 Members and 16621 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Confused about what order to apply my perricone products

Started 1285734441.28 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1289604216.937 by sueinsf

I thought I had this figured out and now I'm confused. Does cold plasma always go on first? Then any serum? I recently received the Neuropeptide deep wrinkle serum and I use cold plasma and the HP kit. It seems like a lot of product to be layering. HELP!

Page 1 of 1
cpn2jxp1285736243.733506 PostsRegistered 9/12/2007

I use Perricone too. I apply cold plasma, then Neuropeptide cream then face finishing moisturizer because that is the way Dana from Perricone presented it. I do wish they would be more clear on that or put it in writing as some of us use more than just the products in the kits.

lyn in MI1285756426.5624580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

AM APPLICATION

PM APPLICATION

Cleanse with Nutritive Cleanser or Citrus Facial Wash

Cleanse with Nutritive Cleanser or Citrus Facial Wash

Tone with Firming Facial Toner, Serum Prep, NP Face Activator

Tone with Firming Facial Toner, Serum Prep, NP Face Activator

Target Treatment: Cold Plasma

Target Treatment: Cold Plasma

Eye Treatment: High Potency Eye, Advanced Eye Area Therapy or Neuropeptide Eye Cream

Eye Treatment: High Potency Eye, Advanced Eye Area Therapy or Neuropeptide Eye Cream

Target Treatment: Deep Wrinkle Serum

Target Treatment: Deep Wrinkle Serum

Target Treatment: Complexion Corrective

Target Treatment: Complexion Corrective

Daytime Treatment: Advanced Face Firming Activator or Amine Complex Face Treatment or High Potency Amine Face Treatment or NP Conformer

Evening Treatment: Concentrated Restorative Cream or High Potency Evening Facial Repair or NP Conformer

Target Treatment: Neuropeptide Facial Cream

Target Treatment: Firming Neck Therapy

Target Treatment: Firming Neck Therapy

Moisturize: Face Finishing Moisturizer or Neuropeptide Firming Moisturizer or Intensive Moisture Therapy

Moisturize: Face Finishing Moisturizer or Neuropeptide Firming Moisturizer or Intensive Moisture Therapy

Pre-Makeup Prep: Ceramic Skin Smoother and Ceramic Eye Smoother

©QVC.com

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

cpn2jxp1285775441.497506 PostsRegistered 9/12/2007

Thanks Lyn! I am not using all of those products. Do you use the cold plasma? If so do you see a difference? I just use the neuropeptide and face finishing moisturizer and I see the same results as with the cold plasma added. Maybe i am not giving it enough time. Its only been a week with the CP.

shermie1285794750.441136 PostsRegistered 10/5/2005A Tiny Blue Dot in a Big Red State

Skincare shouldn't be that confusing and complicated. In the end, lotions, cremes and serums can only do so much. Is the very limited benefit really worth all the expense and angst? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Trying to think of something to put here. :)

lyn in MI1285804276.7624580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 9/29/2010 cpn2jxp said:

Thanks Lyn! I am not using all of those products. Do you use the cold plasma? If so do you see a difference? I just use the neuropeptide and face finishing moisturizer and I see the same results as with the cold plasma added. Maybe i am not giving it enough time. Its only been a week with the CP.

I hope not, lol. Perricone's order of application lists every product, but we aren't to use them all. Yes, I use Cold Plasma and absolutely love it! I added it to my routine shortly after it launched in Jan, because I wanted something to target my redness. You may not have a need for Cold Plasma in your routine.

Last edited on 9/29/2010

Last edited on 9/29/2010

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

musicgrl1285811194.6331075 PostsRegistered 11/28/2008Suburban Detroit
IF we have more products then we would like to apply at one time, would we be better to vary different products on different days or just use the same few products every day? Which method would give the best results (iyo)! I have a variety treatments, serums and creams. TIA musicgrl

lyn in MI1285811652.79324580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 9/29/2010 musicgrl said: IF we have more products then we would like to apply at one time, would we be better to vary different products on different days or just use the same few products every day? Which method would give the best results (iyo)! I have a variety treatments, serums and creams. TIA musicgrl

We should use no more than one product from each category, and we don't want to layer too many products. I think it's best to work out a weekly routine and rotate. As an example, one day I use AFFA (AM) and CRT (PM), and the next I use HPAC (AM) and HPER (PM).

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

musicgrl1285812368.4971075 PostsRegistered 11/28/2008Suburban Detroit
Awesome, you answered my question completely (as always)! Happy Birthday Angel of Beauty! I hope I didn't hijack this thread, sorry OP. Maybe you were wondering that too! LOL

lyn in MI1285812636.22724580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

You are most welcome! And I had a great birthday, thank you.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

mnmama1285910966.05719 PostsRegistered 8/29/2010

Thank you, this helps!

birdie1285921298.3231373 PostsRegistered 8/5/2006
On 9/29/2010 lyn in MI said:
On 9/29/2010 musicgrl said: IF we have more products then we would like to apply at one time, would we be better to vary different products on different days or just use the same few products every day? Which method would give the best results (iyo)! I have a variety treatments, serums and creams. TIA musicgrl

We should use no more than one product from each category, and we don't want to layer too many products. I think it's best to work out a weekly routine and rotate. As an example, one day I use AFFA (AM) and CRT (PM), and the next I use HPAC (AM) and HPER (PM).

..."Each category.."???? His website doesn't really break things down by "category". Can you please explain this for us lyn?? You seem to have a wealth of knowledge that I, for one, seem to be missing (no matter how much I read). How much layering is "too" much? I emailed Perricone's website to ask how to use what I have and the response was, basically, layer, layer, layer. I honestly think it was a generic email that they send out to most folks and not especially geared for me and what I purchased. Currently this is how I'm applying things: PM~ Cleanse, Tone, CP face/eye, Conc. Restorative Cream, NP Facial Cream, Moisturizer

AM~ Cleanse, Tone, Devita C Serum, CP face/eye, AFFA, NP Facial Cream, Moisturizer.

Is this OK? Too much? Should I be skipping some days and just do CP/moisturizer?

I KNOW this is redundant{#emotions_dlg.blushing} but I really want to give this a good "ride" and do it correctly.

Your patience with us is SUPREME and beyond valued lyn! Smile

~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains Unawakened ~

lyn in MI1285934496.44324580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 10/1/2010 birdie said:

..."Each category.."???? His website doesn't really break things down by "category". Can you please explain this for us lyn?? You seem to have a wealth of knowledge that I, for one, seem to be missing (no matter how much I read). How much layering is "too" much? I emailed Perricone's website to ask how to use what I have and the response was, basically, layer, layer, layer. I honestly think it was a generic email that they send out to most folks and not especially geared for me and what I purchased. Currently this is how I'm applying things: PM~ Cleanse, Tone, CP face/eye, Conc. Restorative Cream, NP Facial Cream, Moisturizer

AM~ Cleanse, Tone, Devita C Serum, CP face/eye, AFFA, NP Facial Cream, Moisturizer.

Is this OK? Too much? Should I be skipping some days and just do CP/moisturizer?

I KNOW this is redundant{#emotions_dlg.blushing} but I really want to give this a good "ride" and do it correctly.

Your patience with us is SUPREME and beyond valued lyn! Smile

What I mean by category, is related to the Order of Application in post #2. For example, there are 4 Daytime Treatments listed, but we are only to apply one of them. Based on the products you are using, I would make the following changes...

AM~ Cleanse, Tone, CP face/eye, Devita C Serum (AND/OR) AFFA, NP Facial Cream, Moisturizer (only if needed), SPF

PM~ Cleanse, Tone, CP face/eye, Conc. Restorative Cream (can use every other PM if you'd like), Moisturizer

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

birdie1285934979.421373 PostsRegistered 8/5/2006

You truly are a Goddess! I always thought that the Devita Serum should go 1st....Don't they always tell us thinnest to thickest??

TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains Unawakened ~

lyn in MI1285936436.9224580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 10/1/2010 birdie said:

You truly are a Goddess! I always thought that the Devita Serum should go 1st....Don't they always tell us thinnest to thickest??

TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold Plasma is the one exception. Dr. Perricone advises it is to be applied first to freshly cleansed and prepped skin in order to get the best results.

Last edited on 10/1/2010

Last edited on 10/1/2010

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

sueinsf1289604216.9332384 PostsRegistered 9/5/2006

lyn -- Where does More Than Moisture spf 30 fit in to the regimen? I've been using it after NP facial cream and before primer -- is that right?

Page 1 of 1