Shoes & Handbags Offers
68 Members and 10445 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Shampoo/Conditioner after Keratin Treatment??

Started 1285701391.247 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1285728617.547 by hopi
replies

Can someone make recommendations on what brand of shampoo/conditioner to use after a keratin treatment? I am thinking of having this done and wanted to see what the aftercare involves.

Thanks!

Jul

Page 1 of 1
txrosegirl1285704895.4472305 PostsRegistered 3/22/2007frisco, texas

i personally use and really love renpure organics ($6.99 and BOGO free at walgreens a couple weeks back) and also the sally beauty supply moroccanoil brand copycat (one 'n only argan oil line)...i also would not hesitate to use wen or the sulfate free shampoo & conditioner from aquage but it is expensive

my stylist gave me another set to try out (i am always his guinea pig but it works okay because i get stuff done for free (brazilian blowout and before that, the BKT) and free products as well {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

♥ lyn ♥
i love my furkids!

online sho­ppergirl1285706546.93778 PostsRegistered 4/9/2007

I purchased the Coppola(sp?) shampoo & conditioner recommended by my stylist for after care. I didn't really like it.

I'm back to using Wen. I feel my hair is softer, shinier, easier to style and longer lasting between shampoos with the Wen.

I like to stretch out the shampoo times ,so the Keratin treatment lasts longer. So far 10 weeks, no frizz!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Lorilyn1285726312.27228 PostsRegistered 11/3/2008

I use and like Coppolla, I was told any shampoo that does not contain sodium cholride.

Jareda1285727737.02320 PostsRegistered 9/12/2010NW Ohio

Hi there! I had a Keratin Express treatment about 4 weeks ago. Love it! I started out using Coppola's Keratin Complex Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner - quite expensive, I thought. It works o.k., but for some reason, my scalp itches after using it. (I should add that my scalp also used to itch using other shampoos.) So, I switched to Aubrey Organics J.A.Y. Shampoo and Conditioner and Carol's Daughter Tui Leave In Conditioner. This is a much better combo for me - no itching. But I have the feeling that the Carol's Daughter product is what is giving the sleek conditioned feeling that I'm getting, So, I am going to try the Tui Shampoo and Hair Smoothie (conditioner) and/or the Black Vanilla. I emailed Carol's Daughter and asked them about what they felt should be used after keratin treatments. They responded and said they recommended the Black Vanilla products. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to use! Aren't keratin treatments the best?!

hopi1285728617.54710860 PostsRegistered 11/26/2006

My stylist put a Keratin mask on my hair after coloring it and my hair appears to have a much different texture,she always gives me a great cut, styles it well and pretty color that lasts (I do use Wen), never heard of this before is this part of the Keratin system. I know chaz is not a big Keratin fan

Page 1 of 1