Fall Fashion Clearance
165 Members and 16709 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Has anyone used both the Facemaster and Nutritone?

Started 1285415017.777 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1285446711.087 by starpolisher

Which would you recommend? Would like reviews.

Thanks, Starr

""A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." ~ Bernard Meltzer

Page 1 of 1
Disneydiva1285415591.06289 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007Central Florida

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Me. I use both. They are a bit different and it made me think, "which one could I live without?" The Nutritone. I do like it because it sits on my couch and I can just pick it up and use it, but the facemaster is a daily routine. I use it every morning. I'll tell you what I miss and that's my Dermawand. I broke the glass tip somehow and HSN doesn't sell them anymore. I'm trying not to use Ebay, but I may give in on this. I really liked the Dermawand. I should be "Gadgetdiva." I also use Perricone's light renewal thingy.{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

snowball1285415751.5838411 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Why do you like the dermawand so much?? I have one and I hate the smell and I also found it to be very drying. UGH I use the Nuface and I just don't see any results yet and I have been using it for a few months now. I also have the Connie Stevens Time Machine that is just sitting in a drawer along with the Dermawand.

sunnybrook1285416046.162321 PostsRegistered 8/25/2005

I purchased something similar from Isomers when they were closing it out several months ago. In reading the instructions, I saw cautions about affects of the current on your brain/possibility of bleeds, etc. Since my mother passed away from a brain anuerysm, I sent it back. Just MHO.

Chicadee1285418064.27319 PostsRegistered 9/25/2010

cosmeticdatabase.com

Last edited on 9/25/2010

lyn in MI1285419869.4824370 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 9/25/2010 sunnybrook said:

I purchased something similar from Isomers when they were closing it out several months ago. In reading the instructions, I saw cautions about affects of the current on your brain/possibility of bleeds, etc. Since my mother passed away from a brain anuerysm, I sent it back. Just MHO.

All microcurrent units have cautions & warnings. Below is Facemaster's...

The FaceMaster® is contraindicated for people with cardiac pacemakers,
implanted defibrillators or stimulators, or with implanted electronic
devices. The FaceMaster® also is contraindicated for people with any
surgical implants in the facial area.
Do not place any probe on the neck region. Application of electricity
to the carotid artery (located under the jaw) could result in dizziness
and/or fainting.
Do not place probes anywhere other than on the face. In particular,
do not place probes on opposite sides of the head or in any other
way that could cause current to flow through the head.

WARNING
The safety of this device for use during pregnancy or birth has not
been established.
Electronic monitoring equipment (such as ECG monitors and ECG
alarms) may not operate properly when the FaceMaster® is in use.
FaceMaster® stimulation should not be applied over, or in proximity
to, cancerous lesions.
The FaceMaster® should be applied only to normal intact skin, and
stimulation should not be applied over open wounds, over swollen,
infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions, or over areas of skin that
lack normal sensation.
If you have any medical concerns, such as a severe medical illness,
epilepsy or seizures, or recent facial surgery, please consult your
doctor before using the FaceMaster®.
Potential adverse reactions may include skin irritation, redness or
burning.
For adult use only. Keep out of reach of children.

Below is NuFace's...

DO NOT USE THE NUFACE® DEVICE ON:

• Mid line of neck (bone of neck)
  • Mouth Area (circular muscle inside nasolabial fold)
  • Eye area (circular muscle inside orbital rim)

Position the NuFace® device probes outside the mouth and eye areas as these are circular muscles that must be avoided.

WARNING

The NuFace® device should not be used by:

• Children
  • Pregnant Women
  • People subject to seizures
  • People with cancer/tumors
  • People with cardiac pacemaker
  • People with implanted defibrillators/stimulators
  • People with electronic implanted devices
  • Use only an alkaline 9 - volt battery
  • Do not submerge the device in water and do not use in a damp location or while bathing or swimming
  • The user assumes all responsibility for the application of this treatment and the use of the NuFace® device
Last edited on 9/25/2010

Last edited on 9/25/2010

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

Jam1285428147.991600 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

Wow Disney! I have the facemaster but can't compare to the Nutritone as I have never tried that. When I use the facemaster, I get great results but find when I get crazy busy it collects dust. I also have the Dermawand in a drawer. I really never gave that a chance. The smell didn't bother me at all. It is just a time thing. I guess I need to retire so I can concentrate on my beauty issues! LOL! I wish they made one that you could just wear while on the computer!

Disney, what did you gain from the Dermawand?

Don't make me use UPPERCASE! ~~~ Maxine

How do you prevent sagging? Just eat till the wrinkles fill out! ~~~ Maxine

AnnMarie-11285429496.0933496 PostsRegistered 7/15/2007Western NY

Jam,

There was one you could wear on your face...Linda Evans endorsed it...I had one, but got rid of it years ago...I never used it...the mask looked like that Jason character in those scary movies...I am sure someone here still has one...OK, who has one??? LOL

54 now, light-med skin tone, dark blonde hair, blue eyes

I Teach Too1285429561.95711790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.
On 9/25/2010 Jam said:

Wow Disney! I have the facemaster but can't compare to the Nutritone as I have never tried that. When I use the facemaster, I get great results but find when I get crazy busy it collects dust. I also have the Dermawand in a drawer. I really never gave that a chance. The smell didn't bother me at all. It is just a time thing. I guess I need to retire so I can concentrate on my beauty issues! LOL! I wish they made one that you could just wear while on the computer!

I keep thinking the same thing!

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

lovestodan­ce1285429624.3534872 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006
On 9/25/2010 starpolisher said:

Which would you recommend? Would like reviews.

Thanks, Starr

I'm glad you reminded me of the Nutritone machine. I had one several years ago,and it stopped working.

I have been using Connie Sevens's Time machine for many years. I really like the way it tones my face,and gives me and a nice rested look on my face.

Use it for 1/2 hr several times a week.

I like these types of facial machines so you can walk around with them.

Tried the facemaster,and did not for that restriction.

Also gave me terrible shocks.

lovestodance.

Jam1285429994.2731600 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007
On 9/25/2010 AnnMarie-1 said:

Jam,

There was one you could wear on your face...Linda Evans endorsed it...I had one, but got rid of it years ago...I never used it...the mask looked like that Jason character in those scary movies...I am sure someone here still has one...OK, who has one??? LOL

I remember seeing that contraption! What a hoot!

Jam1285430207.5571600 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007
On 9/25/2010 I Teach Too said:
On 9/25/2010 Jam said:

I keep thinking the same thing!

I'm afraid I would turn into a recluse if I retired. Just sitting at home with my gadgets aiming for beauty and going no where! LOL

starpolish­er1285446711.083912 PostsRegistered 11/14/2005

Thanks for the replies! I don't think I'll try either one!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

""A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." ~ Bernard Meltzer

Page 1 of 1