TSV(R) Preview
12 Members and 15047 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

I tried the OCM with jojoba and castor oil last night

Started 1285178545.917 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1285272651.357 by Sea Ariel
replies

I really like it. I was a little nervous because I have oily skin and tend to breakout very easily, so I have to be very careful on what I put on my face. I notice today that my pores look cleaner, my face looks brighter and I look a little dewy not oily, WOW.

Page 1 of 1
SpaGal1285180215.8473115 PostsRegistered 6/5/2010

Good for you! I am surprised that even with my oily T-zone that the OCM works. You will notice your face getting cleaner looking I think as well.

makeupfreek1285201817.13230 PostsRegistered 6/24/2005St Cloud, FL

You are right! I have OCM for the second night in a row and I can really see a difference in how clean my face looks. I also have the Androcco Mirage serum, I apply it on my problem areas and I feel that the OCM gives this a big boost in helping with my age spots and melasma.

Emily Paige1285205336.71142 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008

What is OCM?

I Love My Weiner Dog

babyb1285205474.984681 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006SD

Oil Cleansing Method

Do a search and you will find LOTS to read!

Jackbenimb­le1285206496.60324 PostsRegistered 10/12/2005

I can't believe how good this works! I have pretty oily skin and always have blackheads that are now gone. I'm mixing 1/3 castor oil, 1/3 jojoba, and 1/3 coconut...is that correct?

katieqr1285252846.407341 PostsRegistered 7/10/2008

I have been amazed at how well oil cleansing has been for my oily/combo skin... I alternate nites between Androcco cleansing oil for normal/combo skin and my own concoction which is 2/3 jojoba oil, 1/3 castor oil with a touch of tea tree oil....

First couple of days I thought it was going to make me break out, but I have been using it a month now and my skin is glowing and appears more balanced and normal.

I use prescrip Retin A and have for over 20 years and I sometimes fight the flakes with the Retin A, but not anymore...

I also use Paula's Choice BHA and AHA on alternate nites and moisturize at nite with Clinique Moisture Surge or CeraVe PM mixed with a few drops of Argon Oil...

I have to mix the Argon in with my moisturizer... I know many use the oil alone or just press it in on top of their moisturizer but I found it just sits on top of my skin if I don't mix it with regular moisturizer.

I am very pleased with this routine and how my skin is responding... I am also very very pleased with how affordable this routine is...

Sea Ariel1285259870.73651 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007
On 9/23/2010 katieqr said:

I have been amazed at how well oil cleansing has been for my oily/combo skin... I alternate nites between Androcco cleansing oil for normal/combo skin and my own concoction which is 2/3 jojoba oil, 1/3 castor oil with a touch of tea tree oil....

First couple of days I thought it was going to make me break out, but I have been using it a month now and my skin is glowing and appears more balanced and normal.

I use prescrip Retin A and have for over 20 years and I sometimes fight the flakes with the Retin A, but not anymore...

I also use Paula's Choice BHA and AHA on alternate nites and moisturize at nite with Clinique Moisture Surge or CeraVe PM mixed with a few drops of Argon Oil...

I have to mix the Argon in with my moisturizer... I know many use the oil alone or just press it in on top of their moisturizer but I found it just sits on top of my skin if I don't mix it with regular moisturizer.

I am very pleased with this routine and how my skin is responding... I am also very very pleased with how affordable this routine is...

Do you use the Retin-A on the nights you use Paula's Choice?

katieqr1285271143.383341 PostsRegistered 7/10/2008
On 9/23/2010 Sea Ariel said:

No.... alternate nights... I use the Retin A Monday, Wednesday and Friday nites... and alternate the AHA on two of the off nites and BHA on the other two off nites..

My skin is very sensitive and can't tolerate more than one active ingredient a day.

I learned this the hard way... I tore my skin up putting actives together.

But, alternating nites like this, plus now using the cleansing oils and argan oil has given me the best skin of my life.

Sea Ariel1285272651.357651 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007
On 9/23/2010 Sea Ariel said:

No.... alternate nights... I use the Retin A Monday, Wednesday and Friday nites... and alternate the AHA on two of the off nites and BHA on the other two off nites..

My skin is very sensitive and can't tolerate more than one active ingredient a day.

I learned this the hard way... I tore my skin up putting actives together.

But, alternating nites like this, plus now using the cleansing oils and argan oil has given me the best skin of my life.

Thanks so much for the info.

Page 1 of 1