Fall Fashion Days
141 Members and 13797 Guests Online

Among Friends

I took my grandson fishing today

Started 1337889480.55 in Among Friends | Last reply 1337959449.277 by Hildegarde Withers
replies

Well, not really ... more like stirring up the tadpoles. I love spending quiet time with the grandkids. I think that is my 'calling'.

Page 1 of 1
cactusgal1337895166.277204 PostsRegistered 12/28/2011Some place you don't want to be.

How lucky you are to be able to spend time with your grandchild or grandkids be sure to Cherish every moment. Wish I was so lucky, my daughter who past away 4 yrs ago left behind 5 children who i was very close to before her passing. They are now being raised by thier father who happens to be a control freak. I can only speak to them if at all, only if the phone is on speaker. Would love to go into more detail about my (EX) son -in- law,but this is not the place for it and it just makes me more sick.

Help I've fallen and I can't get up!!

Cami C1337901825.5434223 PostsRegistered 4/8/2012
On 5/24/2012 cactusgal said:

How lucky you are to be able to spend time with your grandchild or grandkids be sure to Cherish every moment. Wish I was so lucky, my daughter who past away 4 yrs ago left behind 5 children who i was very close to before her passing. They are now being raised by thier father who happens to be a control freak. I can only speak to them if at all, only if the phone is on speaker. Would love to go into more detail about my (EX) son -in- law,but this is not the place for it and it just makes me more sick.

This made me very sad reading your post. First your daughter past away the your ex SIL doesn't let you talk or see them, what is wrong with this man. My heart goes out to you and I hope one day that he will have a heart and let you see YOUR Grandchildren, HUGS to you.

Vivian1337944491.283199 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
My grandson, who will be graduating from high school next week (I can't believe it!) loves to fish. My husband does too. We've always been close to our grandchildren but it can become challenging to find common ground when they are teenagers. That love of fishing has been a great way for my husband and grandson to maintain that closeness. We'll be seeing our Florida grandchildren next week for the graduation. I'm sure my husband will go fishing with my grandson. As for me, I'll be taking my shopaholic 14 year old granddaughter to the mall. PS to cactusgal: I am terribly sorry for all the grievous loss you have experienced. In some states grandparents' rights are being recognized. Have you seen an attorney?Last edited on 5/25/2012

Last edited on 5/25/2012

Hildegarde­ Withers1337959328.39311690 PostsRegistered 11/9/2011

That's really nice. It's times like those that they'll remember.

Hildegarde­ Withers1337959449.27711690 PostsRegistered 11/9/2011
On 5/24/2012 cactusgal said:

That's too bad.

Have you tried calling him & asking them if you can take them places or just back to your house for a few hours or for the weekend?

I hope things get better.

Page 1 of 1