New Contributor

My son leaves for basic military training....

on April 11 and I am scared to death. Are there any parents out there who can give me words of wisdom or comfort. This is something he has wanted for himself for a long time and he has been in the delayed entry program since June waiting for a job to be reserved for him. I thought in that time I would have come around to the idea of him leaving. Guess I was wrong. The call came from my son's recruiter today that he will be getting his first job choice, Security Forces and that he leaves for BMT on April 11. I know I raised a good young man, I know that for sure....it's just especially hard for me now knowing the exact date that he leaves. I am wondering if there are any military moms out there who can tell me how you get through those first few months. I do not want him to be worrying about how I am feeling when he needs to be concentrating on that.

Now, I need to book a flight and hotel for his graduation. So any suggestions for a nice hotel near Lackland AFB, TX would be most helpful.